Devas

Devas's TTT MC 24/7 Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Devas

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:61182541

Admin that banned you: flying4ssassin

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): server ban

Why should you be unbanned?

We were all having fun on the server, there were indeed rules broken (by me AND other people) I have specifically not broken any rules that would make other people not enjoy the game. Everything was in good fun, and if asked anyone on the server would agree that i did not ruin anyone's fun or experience. I do not agree with the decision to ban me as no one was harmed not no ones experience was ruined. If anyone would mention that they did not like the way we were playing the game, i would have immediately stopped.

This gives me literally nothing to go off of. All you've told me is that you breaking rules and did something ban worthy. It doesn't matter if you were having fun breaking the rules or others were having fun doing so. We're required to enforce them just the same, and hand out punishments when necessary. I'll wait for Flying to respond before I either accept or deny.

image.thumb.png.2ef4bb5d1eba87658f3aa07bcdc16760.png

Signature by @Auralanity

Devas there are a few problems with your story here.

1. As Roger mentioned you are admitting to breaks ever rules which is punishable in and of itself.
  2. I logged on and there were reports of you RDMing and in the logs you killed 7 people as an innocent and watching the deathscenes it was because you claimed an area and killed anyone who came near. (I unfortunately do not have access to the logs to show you this but since you know you did it I don't get what you are trying to appeal but admitting)
  3. I banned up and then when I checked our ban repository you were already karma banned.
  4. Then while I was on the server people were talking about the stuff you did and verified the fact that you double mass RDMed.

As a result of all of this I feel like you should not be forgiven since you are not even trying to apologize and if anything you are trying to justify breaking a pretty easy to follow set of rules. Also you mention other people breaking the rules, but I had no evidence of anyone doing that other than yourself.

b_560_95_1.png

Posted  Edited by Devas

Yes, i did admit breaking server rules as I think lying to staff is worse than breaking server rules.

I do not know if and why people would have reported me as people were doing the same other rounds and no one has asked anyone to stop due to them not liking it.

I value fun over rules. Rules exist to keep everyone's experience as well as possible. As far as I knew at that time in game everyone was fine with the way we were playing the game (normal with a bit more fun) and no one even mentioned not having fun/rdm nor asking people to stop. 

What I am appealing is my ban to be either reduced from 2 weeks which i think is way over the top to more like 1/2 days as i did indeed break a rule or to it be completely removed as i was not the only one doing so nor anyone even remotely saying they were not having fun. 

I also did not "double mass rdm" what happened was AT MOST 1 mass rdm which i also would argue against.

It would be very eye opening to see this server value server rules (made to keep everyones experience good) over people's actual experience.

Edited by Devas

It doesn't matter if you are asked to stop or not. You are required to play by the rules of the server or face the consequences of not doing so. Just because YOU value "fun" above the rules doesn't mean you are above the rules. Your attitude does not lead me to believe that you are sorry for your actions, and instead tells me that you will do the same thing again the moment you are unbanned. So why in the world would I unban someone like that, who has no regard for the rules and is likely going to do the exact same thing again?

With all this being said, this appeal is denied.

image.thumb.png.2ef4bb5d1eba87658f3aa07bcdc16760.png

Signature by @Auralanity