The1337Gh0st

Hidden Weapon Replacement

I believe that the Hidden's Knife should be changed to the Predator Blade (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646635858). Seeing as how the Glutton & Ravenous already have a special version of the knife, I believe that the Predator Blade would fit more. The Predator Blade's ability to leap gives the Hidden the ability to leap for some mobility, which fits its theme. The Predator Blade can also deal increased damage to the head and back of a player, which allows for stealth kills and rewards precision. Predator Blade also gives a short speed boost on kill, allowing you to run away easily from your targets. 

Achievements

Main issue i see with this, is that i dont think the hidden needs the capablity to instant kill people from behind as well as move even faster than it does currently, considering its main gimmick of being invisible.

Also im a bit iffy on the role in general right now, but i'll consider this. 

2 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

Main issue i see with this, is that i dont think the hidden needs the capablity to instant kill people from behind as well as move even faster than it does currently, considering its main gimmick of being invisible.

hidden insta kills people in general, his knife does 2k damage from any direction. this would actually nerf him for kills and buff him for mobility

53 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

The main reason why I suggested this is to give the Hidden a bit more of a unique flavor than the other roles. The role most similar to the Hidden in function, Ravenous, already fulfills the role of being a solo role focused on melee combat and has much stronger abilities than the Hidden. The Ravenous can already 1-shot players regardless of where it hit them, so I do believe headshots / back-stabs being able to insta-kill would balance it out as it encourages you to use a stealth-based playstyle.

The Hidden's invisibility eventually becomes useless as the round goes on, as taking damage reduces the invisibility enough to allow you to be seen easily to anyone paying attention. Also, killing the Haunted essentially makes you a walking smoke cloud. The leap and speed boost abilities of the Predator Blade gives the Hidden more of a fighting chance by allowing it to close the distance between players more easily.

1 hour ago, Morganlefaye69 said:

Tbh I think this would be rather OP in its current state

The Predator Blade can always be adjusted to make it balanced. The leap ability cannot be used in the air, so it's strictly for ground mobility. The duration and strength of the speed boost can be adjusted or outright disabled as well. If spamming the attack or the leap ability is a concern, the fire rate could be lowered and the leap ability could have a slower charge or less maximum charges.

1 hour ago, DodoMans said:

hidden insta kills people in general, his knife does 2k damage from any direction. this would actually nerf him for kills and buff him for mobility

I agree with you on this. As it is right now, throwing the knife can essentially be better than using the melee as long as you can land the knife. Not only can body shots allow you to deal damage faster than using melee, you can also potentially hit someone in the head to cause an insta-kill. Mobility is one of the primary strengths of the Hidden, and I believe having the Predator Blade would expand upon it.

Achievements