Reverb

Reverb's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by Reverb

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

Reverb 8294

Why were you banned?: The Ban was caused by a Mime and Dash Gif,( NSFW ) . Though I have no actual direct info on the ban I do also know it was because of Breaking / Edging rules.

Why should you be unbanned?

To start things off and sums things up I have had time to reflect over my actions over the past 2 months, Like a child who has been sitting out recess in the principals office.

In my Defence...

I can confidently say I understand where things went wrong and why I was banned.  I would first like to bring up the Gif, For those who have not seen this gif was a borderline NSFW Gif and I say that because it is up to the eye of the beholder to determine if its NSFW. I personally did not see it as such as I have seen worse gifs on gfl disc go by and the video in which I was taking the gif from was a Un age restricted YouTube video. I was never warned for a gif like this or saw anyone else get warned and after knowing that even that's considered NSFW I would not even go near that line again. Was it stupid to post that gif, Yes. Did I genuinely think it was ok? Yes. And obviously I wont do that again. Now for the Infractions I actually have knowledge about, These are 2 N word infractions. These warns were actually back to back, Warn 1 was entirely not my fault, I posted a gif, searched something along the lines of "say what" and the gif was a man making a confused face, well the N word was embeded in that gif and I got warned, didnt know that could be a issue but I checked the embeds moving forwards. However the second N word warning was from me copy pasting the Warn into chat and it slipped my mind that obviously the N word was in the warn so I whole heartedly went flower picking and picked a whole bouquet of whoopsie daisies there. I have seen messages posted in Gmod Rot gen at the time of my ban ( Salad) Basically saying I have lots of offences which leads me to believe I have a lot of ghost warns as well, By that I mean warnings that I never got a notification about or any inclination that what I said was even wrong. To that I say How is that even fair? How can you warn someone or mark an infraction down and never tell them? You cant expect someone to not make the same mistake if you literally DO not tell them Hey don't do that, that's like an officer writing me a ticket without pulling me over. The final thing I would like to address is the IMFAMOUS Napalm situation where I got banned from a Debate chat for asking Flying " What are you going to do about your dead server" Im sure that was takin as toxicity probably an infraction there in which, I understand the situation was wild and there were a lot of people ganging up on Napalm who I do respect so I acted impulsively when writing that message to flying for ssassin. I didn't think at the time that comment was really that bad as there were other people in that chat, ( Sorry to throw them under the bus ) But roger calling Napalm An ass and insulting him as well Yet he received no punishment nor slap on the wrist.

Now aside from defending Myself, I want to be unbanned So I can talk to my Bubbies on the GFL gmod discord, I waited these 2 months to think about my actions and to show I have no inclination to troll in the slightest. I Feel a perma ban is pretty unjust due to me never being muted or banned before this. Im basically the Leafyishere of Gfl Ngl. I understand that if you show mercy and unban Ill be on the thinnest line that will snap if I do anything remotely wrong, Which I totally understand, and feel in this situation is the most fair. Thank you for reading this appeal, Wa-Alaikum-Salaam!

Edited by Reverb

image0.png?width=226&height=375

Achievements

Aye. So, being that I was the moderator who actually banned you, I figured I would reply to this appeal to give my side/thoughts.

Off the bat, I would like to say that the event leading to your ban was a GIF that was, I guess to say, voted by mods to be considered as NSFW/Explicit Content:

Spoiler

For content purposes, this is how I would describe it: An anime girl making motions with her hands and cheeks as if to be giving a blow job. This is my interpretation, if you or any other moderators need the exact GIF link I can provide it for reference.

So, I had noticed this GIF posted in chat, it's not logged which channel but I would assume one of the general chats. I brought it to the attention of the moderator team to get their advice, being that it did depict an assumed NSFW action, without the "content". It was discussed, and it was Benroy who ultimately made the recommendation that a ban be placed for the action, which all moderators in the discussion agreed upon. Along with the discussion over the GIF was also a broad discussion over your overall behavior history which I believe came into play with the overall punishment. It was discussed that you had a tendency to "edge" rules, meaning you didn't break them specifically but continuously came close or seemed to enjoy riding the border of the rules. I am unable to provide examples or context to this specifically, being that I have only seen it myself maybe a handful of times, though I figured I would mention it since it seemed to have played a big role in the discussion we had. 

So, now that I kinda explained the details of events leading to the ban, onto my next little spiel. Even though I am not a senior moderator and have no official say in this, I would be inclined to believe two months is a reasonable time spent banned. I will say aside from this ban, the only other infractions are two bot warnings for slurs (as you stated above), and a bot ban for "10 mentions", which was unbanned like, 2 minutes later, so I guess that would be kinda irrelevant. It was a bad GIF what you posted, and you did a lot of edging the rules, but if you are true on your word that you reflected on your actions and will improve, I don't personally see a reason to hold it against you. Though, like you also said, "I understand that if you show mercy and unban Ill be on the thinnest line that will snap if I do anything remotely wrong". This is very true, and more than likely any further infractions would result in an irreversible ban. But again, I personally see good reason to give you the chance.

I would like to again state that my opinions on the outcome of this appeal are solely that, and do not reflect or represent the senior moderators who's word actually matter in these appeals. But like I said, I wanted to give my POV of what happened and what I think, since I was the moderator who had issued the ban. Please allow proper time for the rest of the moderator team to discuss the outcome. 

GFX1.thumb.png.c5c5371c03240785be325143d4584c4a.png

(Signature credit to @Clavers)

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I will have to align with the rest of the team first, but I personally support lifting your ban.  I think Wayne explained it pretty well so no need for me regurgitate what he said 😉

edit:

Enough people were online to help support the appeal.  I've gone ahead and lift your ban.  If it's not working, then you can send me a message to let me know.  I think you also mentioned you understand that lifting your ban is not taken lightly (even though we were quick to respond to the appeal) so please try to avoid gray area items...  take it to the DM with trusted friends.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152