bunnyy

maya's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): bunny (previous alias: maya)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:460508367

Admin that banned you: Unsure; it just says "CONSOLE"

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Perma mute and gag

Why should you be unbanned?

I was permanently muted and gagged about 2 years ago on the GFL servers. I honestly don't remember much about what I got muted for, but I do know that I was extremely immature (only 14) and used an excessive amount of vulgar language. In my opinion, I was a pretty big nuisance, and said inappropriate things for attention (saying the n-word, mic spamming, etc.). I've recently taken a lot of time to myself (offline) to reflect on my actions not only in GFL but in general; however, I believe that I've matured over the past couple years and think it's fair for me to appeal.

I understand that I made some poor decisions in the past, but I would be very discomfited for these actions to still be in place. I know that I have matured enough to be given a second chance at being apart of this community and I hope the administration team thinks so as well.

Thank you for your consideration!

2.gif

Posted  Edited by Dini

Sorry you were not perma silenced on surf. This cannot be handled by me and is only up to one person only (since the server you got perm muted on no longer exists)

Will have to wait for response from the CSGO Division Leader @Infra

Edited by Dini

Hi, 

When I go on the surf server it says I'm perma-muted and gagged. I wasn't muted on that server, but I assume my punishment transferred to all GFL servers.

I think I was muted on the AWP server though.

2.gif

Hey @maya,

Usually, we would consider a 2 year break as quite some time when unbanning people - a lot can happen in 2 years. Unfortunately, I find it rather unappealing that you made this post here right after getting banned for inciting drama in another community. With that in mind, I really don’t see how you can back up your claims of having reformed, even after the mentioned 2 year period.

If you would like to shed some light on your recent infractions in other communities, feel free to - it would help me come to a final decision.

Thanks!

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

Posted  Edited by maya

Hi @Infra,

There was no definitive reason I got banned from that community. They had no evidence that I "incited drama" or whatever the reason was; it was just an excuse to get me temporarily banned because the administration team unfortunately doesn't like me. I tend to joke around a lot and the community seems to like it but I guess the administration doesn't. I never used vulgar language, never baited racism, etc. There is absolutely no proof of me doing anything inappropriate. A lot of the staff dislikes me because I'm "underage" and they don't think it's "appropriate" to talk to me, which I find very immature. I actually hadn't even logged onto that server in a few days and got banned, so I don't see how it's possible that I got banned for doing things when I wasn't even active. The ban logs stated that it was a "staff decision" because the staff there doesn't really like me and I also got one of their members demoted for inappropriate discussions.

Here's an image proving that the administration team was trying to find a reason to ban me, even though I did nothing wrong:

unknown.png

If you need more information about this situation, I'd be glad to discuss it with you. Nonetheless, other communities should not interfere with this one in particular. I haven't been banned on other servers recently except for that one (temporarily- it's only a week). Again, I've taken a lot of time off of surf and joined back only recently. I've surfed on many servers like eGO, IGCS (which I'm a moderator on), KZG, etc. I've never been banned from any of these servers as long as I've been active on them. 

I'd also like to mention that when I got perma-muted/gagged on GFL, it had nothing to do with surf. I got muted on the AWP server, which really had nothing to do with surf and I'm pretty sure it was for mic spam. I also didn't get a warning or anything (never got a 1 day mute, 1 week mute, 1 month, etc. it was just a straight perma-mute, which I don't think was an appropriate punishment. Although it's not my business to challenge what are and what aren't proper punishments, in my opinion, I should've been given a warning or at least something less than a perma-mute on all servers for mic spamming once.

The true reason I want to be unmuted, gagged, etc. is just so I have the opportunity to communicate with people. I think it's fun being able to talk with others and I love meeting new people. I also know a lot of people from the server I got banned on that go into GFL and I still wanna be able to talk with them.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you need any further information!

Edited by maya

2.gif

Hi @maya,

Unfortunately, at this time, I do not believe your behaviour has changed enough for me to be comfortable welcoming you back to GFL. Keep in mind, while GFL Surf and GFL AWP might be separate servers, all infractions are on your global GFL record, hence why you were perma'd on the AWP server - your record was quite bad with most of your infractions being in Surf.

Judging from your very long list of infractions at other communities, with most being very recent, it seems apparent to me that you haven't learned from your past mistakes. Hence, I am not too keen on granting you another chance here.

Denied.

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png