Vanya

Event #285 -- Nominations and possible new event times

Event Time Votes  

16 members have voted

1. 1. When should events be held?

• Fridays (at the time events start normally)
    • Saturdays (leave events as are)
    • Other (if voting this, please give your input as to when would you suggest having events hosted)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/2022 at 05:00 PM

Posted  Edited by Vanya

New event time?

Hello everyone, for this week's post I'd like to ask the playerbase for a general opinion once again on the topic of time and day at which events should be hosted.

It has been brought to my attention that events over the last few weeks haven't been doing too hot for a different number of reasons. One of the reasons brought up was that perhaps having players do long events over at the neighbour server, Unloze, and then have those same players do long events over in our server could result in a very serious burnout, which is a perfectly understandable thing considering the players of our server are also players of the neighbour server.

To try and mitigate this, I'd like to ask openly what does the playerbase think about the current day and time of events, should events perhaps be moved to Friday but at usual event time? Friday but a little bit later? Should Saturdays stay? or would you like to bring up a different suggestion than these times? Please let us know.

Saturdays but earlier is NOT an option because the idea is to try and not overlap with Unloze's events. Having events earlier would result in even more overlapping and less players coming in right as events start.

Conditions to nominate maps + How to do it:

• Nominate a map (or a combo) by leaving a reply in this thread with the maps that you'd like to see for the next event, have some common sense while nominating, don't go and nominate stupid senseless long and hard combos.
  • Vote for which nomination you'd like to see by giving a like to the post (or posts) with the nomination that you like.
  • The 5 most upvoted nominations will make it to the Map and time votes.
  • You cannot upvote your own nomination!

Conditions to nominate stuff:

• Map combos can be nominated so long as they aren't nonsensical ridiculous combos.
  • Special kickers (twists in gameplay) can be requested for your event nomination (so long as they make sense too).
  • Make sure to write the full map name when nominating (example, write "ze_lotr_isengard_v2_3" instead of just "Isengard").
  • "Autism as part of the events" won't be allowed (micspam and stuff). Chill / simple maps for chill events is allowed.
  • "X Weapon only unless bossfight" type of events are not allowed. "X Weapon only" type of events are allowed.
  • (FOR USERS WITHOUT FORUM ACCOUNT) Users without a forum account that wish to nominate events can now do so! More info hidden in the spoiler tag below.

Nominations will be closed on: Wednesday July 6th @ 12:00pm CDT

Maps you can't nominate currently:

• From Event #260:
    • ze_santassination_css2 -- (Extended 7 week cooldown)
  • From Event #280:
    • ze_harry_potter -- (Extended 18 week cooldown)
    • ze_lotr_minas_tirith -- (Extended 18 week cooldown)
  • From Event #283:
    • ze_bathroom_v2_5s
    • ze_otakuroom_v5_6fs
    • ze_kitchen_v2s
    • ze_backrooms_v1_0
  • From Event #284:
    • ze_l0v0l_v1_4
    • ze_m0w0m_b2
    • ze_v0u0v_b2
Spoiler

Conditions and limitations on how to nominate without a forum account (also applicable to the Nomination Megathread) :

• If you do not have a forum account but you know someone who does, you can ask that user to post an event suggestion for you.
  • If you have a forum account and you'd like to post an event suggestion yourself as well as someone else's suggestion then you can do so.
    • However, if you nominate someone else's event then you must specify who the nomination you posted belongs to, as well as a screencap or a form of proof of the non-forum user agreeing that the nomination posted is his as well as the forum user agreeing to post your nomination, preferably with you having the same username in both the forums and the proof screencap. (Nominations posted that don't include a form of proof from the non-forum user will be ignored. If nominations / posts seem unusual or weird looking to me I'll reach out to users in our Discord to confirm the validity of the suggestion posted).
  • If you have a forum account and you post your own event suggestion as well as someone else's, you must specify which nomination belongs to who.
  • Non-forum account users will NOT be allowed to vote in respective voting threads. Only users with forum accounts will be allowed to vote. (This means I will only count the votes that appear in those threads).
Edited by Vanya

Posted  Edited by Lev

Event Nomination: "Weird Ass Combo Wombo"

Consists of:

• ze_raccoon_facility_v6b
  • ze_isla_nublar_v3
  • ze_frostdrake_tower_v1s
  • ze_alien_vs_predator_v5
  • ze_sonic3_b2_2

Special Kickers:

• Classic GFL Settings
Edited by Lev

76561198007607414.pngAddFriend.png

"Space" Adventure

I guess these are space related maps?

• ze_random_v9
  • ze_negative_legacy_xf4s

• ze_deadcore_s7

• ze_space_flight_v1_1

Kickers:

• ze_random and ze_space_flight are played with pF 900 settings
  • Rest played as normal

Time:

• ze_random, ze_space_flight, and ze_negative_legacy at 60 minutes since they are one stage and/or not long
  • ze_deadcore at normal time

2 hours ago, Rexy said:

You cant disrespect the m-f 9-5 west coast players like that by suggesting we do that same time on friday. Smh

That's why the "Other" option was included among vote options, the idea was to try and encourage discussion between new event time ideas to see what could be worked out.

The event can die depending on UNLOZE Event run time. If it is like last week and runs into the GFL event time, then we will have low players, but if the UNLOZE event finishes early, then we will have a full server. I feel like sometimes the maps kill the server, but there is no real proof of that. 

Why not sunday at 1 pm est, 10 am pst, and 7 pm germany time? That way everyone in the eu can sleep and actually wake up for work and not feel like shit monday, pacific people can party till 4 am and still get 6 hours of sleep, and it also doesn't interfere with nide events that usually start like 3 - 4 hours before? Someone may need to ask unloze to move their 2 parter events to friday / saturday but considering we're still friends with 1/2 their admins who still play here I'm assuming they might be open to it

3 hours ago, willywilson said:

Someone may need to ask unloze to move their 2 parter events to friday / saturday but considering we're still friends with 1/2 their admins who still play here I'm assuming they might be open to it

This would be nice, but GFL is only populated for a couple of hours once and week, and UNLOZE has is active regularly and has alot more players who want VIP compared to GFL. So they might not be open to changing their event times after seeing the numbers on a couple recent events on GFL

How about any time on Sundays? There aint much happening on that day and so that it'll be more coverage on the weekends. Players can enjoy their time at UNLOZE event on Saturdays without worrying they need to catch up for GFL events afterwards, plus many of them can easily get tired and unable to finish the event. That way we will have events on both days on the weekends for CSS. Friday is still a weekday and I assume some people probably cannot spare their time from school or work.