ossi

ossi's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): ossi

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:48412882

Admin that banned you: CONSOLE

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Server ban - SourceSleuth (Duplicate)

Why should you be unbanned?

Hi to whoever reads this,

I was randomly banned from GFLSurf when I went to login (4/4/2023 - 9:00 PM) for the reason that my account was a duplicate. I don't have any alternate accounts that I play CS on and have been surfing on the server for a while now. SourceSleuth (plugin) seems to have automatically banned me and the only reason I could guess for this is that since I live in an apartment and use their WiFi it could have mistaken me for someone else.spacer.png

21 hours ago, ossi said:

Steam Name(s): ossi

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:48412882

Admin that banned you: CONSOLE

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Server ban - SourceSleuth (Duplicate)

Why should you be unbanned?

Hi to whoever reads this,

I was randomly banned from GFLSurf when I went to login (4/4/2023 - 9:00 PM) for the reason that my account was a duplicate. I don't have any alternate accounts that I play CS on and have been surfing on the server for a while now. SourceSleuth (plugin) seems to have automatically banned me and the only reason I could guess for this is that since I live in an apartment and use their WiFi it could have mistaken me for someone else.spacer.png

Were you connecting on a VPN?

No, never used a VPN. I'm curious if you guys have detailed logs of what accounts have connected with an IP and would cause the duplicate account ban to happen and if GFL could track down how it happened.

Either you are inside a data network, lying or not realizing you are using a VPN. Since I cannot know for sure I will be moving this to KZ and pinging @Infra as the original ban on your IP is global banned on KZ.

• Dini locked and unlocked this topic
  • 3 months later...

@ossi Hi, very sorry for the delay - we've unbanned you and everyone else that shares this network.

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png