Infra

Update: Introducing Our Newest Public Server Machine!

Hi everyone!

Just a quick update on something cool - we have recently taken delivery of a brand new dedicated machine from GSK:

• Ryzen 9 7900X CPU
  • 128GB DDR5 RAM
  • 2TB NVMe SSD

This machine will replace two of our existing public server machines in Dallas, GS15 and GS18, and will be labelled GS-US3 (following the new machine naming convention). This is quite the upgrade from GS15/GS18, both running an Intel i9-10900K CPU!

A selection of servers will be transferred to this new machine and will benefit greatly from the performance improvement:

• CS:GO Surf #1 Beginner, #2 Novice, and 24/7 Utopia
  • CS:GO KZ #1 Easy & #2 Expert
  • CS:GO Bhop #1 & #2
  • GMod CWRP
  • GMod TTT Anarchy
  • GMod TTT Rotation
  • GMod Prop Hunt
  • TF2 2Fort Vanilla
  • TF2 2Fort Improved #1 & #2
  • TF2 Hightower and Hightower #2
  • CS:S Zombie Escape

This performance upgrade is much needed for quite a few parts of GFL, for instance, this should allow CS:GO Surf to increase the total player capacity on some of the bigger servers.

We will be migrating these servers over time as we can, most migrations only result in a total downtime of 10-15 minutes, so these can be done pretty quickly! This new machine is spec'd with quite a lot of memory and disk, so we should be able to use it for future expansions and will have quite some space remaining once the initial migrations are completed. (We will have ~8 CPU threads unallocated once these migrations happen!)

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt know that the Ryzen series had a cpu clock speed faster then the i9-10900k in "normal" no commercial chips thanks for the update!

Im known as ⛟⛟⛟