nyfox12

Diamond Baby

I just really wanted to say this, I hit Diamond yesterday on overwatch PC. 

But a little back story shall we, I came from a land of console peasants back on xbox one. I started out season 2 when my friends told me to grab the game, instantly I fell in love. At the time they were all golds and they joked about hitting plat because they were very casual gamers, naturally I wasnt too casual and hit the competitive scene shooting for Grand Masters. Long story short that didnt happen, Season 4 I did hit diamond on Xbox however, and at that point I felt like I was so high and I couldn't climb so I lowkey fell into a loop of win lose win lose and I kinda threw myself into plat on purpose to get that sense of climbing back. I eventually in season 5 hit masters, again I hit the whole OH ill never get to the grand masters and top 500 scene so I moved to PC in efforts to play the real game, because back then people would laugh at me when I told them I played overwatch on console and i was masters, they told me I would be lucky if I was a gold on PC. Well they were right I started in silver and went to gold pretty easily but just stayed there, eventually moving onto plat and finally today HITTING DIAMOND, and to me I feel sooo good knowing I actually hit the top 3 ranks (Diamond masters grand masters) on overwatch, my favorite game ever.

I never thought I would get this high considering I played on console for more than a year until finally coming over to PC permanently.

And wait till you hear this. ready... ready..??!

I one tricked myself into diamond maining junkrat :>

and with the new junkrat buff it just got real.

Roast me in the comments, anyway I thought it would be cool to share this little story.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord... when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I was going to congratulate you until I read the third part. Now I'm unsure what to say, I suppose it's convenient for you that Junkrat's been buffed recently.

Either way, well done and keep climbing. If you're ever stuck again, consider playing other heroes as well, or simply record your gameplay and I (GM), or someone else, will review it for you.

I'd also suggest joining the GFL Overwatch Discord: https://discord.gg/6TEXQh

Snow Owl.jpg

Achievements

Posted  Edited by nyfox12

Yeah I would actually really love if you could critique my play style as junk rat.

Edited by nyfox12

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord... when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Heres two random clips from my junkrat folder, I have a folder I created about a month ago with all my 4k+ rip tires.

nyfox12's_highlight_17-09-13_21-07-13.mp4

nyfox12's_highlight_17-08-18_18-44-29.mp4

31 minutes ago, Shuruia said:

Record some full matches for us! Our Grandmaster players would love to watch them and give you pointers.

Would you have any recommendations on how to record my matches? Programs and such?

Sadly I dont have Nvidia, I have a default AMD raedon card, really cheesy, the only way I run games is off my super overpowered processor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2017 at 6:56 PM, Shuruia said:

Record some full matches for us! Our Grandmaster players would love to watch them and give you pointers.

Remember to watch your scrim VODs. :D

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements