Rosalina

It's been a pretty shit four years, honestly

Posted  Edited by Rosalina

This server was aweful, and in it's latest update, made somehow even worse. With the removal of the minimap, players can no longer bloodhound, use directions for guntoss, or even rebel properly. I'm not going to say 'goodbye', because a goodbye would imply I would be returning. Fix these issues however, and i might come back. But untill then, I am staying far away from this jalbreak server, and GFL as a whole. From beginnings doing shitty voice impressions to the end being sexually harassed, it's been complete shit. This server has brought nothing but horrible feelings and strife, and I may only hope to god I never come across it or it's community ever again.

-Sincerely,

Eleanor Ashley Shellstrop

Edited by Rosalina

6 minutes ago, Doctor-F said:

The server can only control so many people, not the whole community. Harassment is all over the internet, the admins can't ban/silence everybody.

If that's the one thing you picked out from my entire explination, then you are one of the many reasons i'm leaving.

I wish you had told us about it.  It's easy to work on one problem or suggestion at a time, but to have this explosion all at once in upset...  it's a different story.  I have confidence our team will work on it, but I am going to be straightforward about it: It's not magic, and the changes you'd like to see will likely occur a little bit further into the future than I'd like to admit.  People here do like to say what they believe others like to hear, but they forget about the hard work involved and the subtle details often overlooked or hand-waved.

To anyone who is upset about their server or the community: Say something.  Our general trend has not labeled any criticism as toxic although there is a right way to do things and there are other ways.  I can tell someone with something in their teeth "There's something in your teeth" versus "You're ugly (because there's something in your teeth)."  If you want to be a champion, which I encourage, then do something about it; lead the way and make the community you want.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and good luck on  your endeavours.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

1 minute ago, Joshy said:

I wish you had told us about it.  It's easy to work on one problem or suggestion at a time, but to have this explosion all at once in upset...  it's a different story.  I have confidence our team will work on it, but I am going to be straightforward about it: It's not magic, and the changes you'd like to see will likely occur a little bit further into the future than I'd like to admit.  People here do like to say what they believe others like to hear, but they forget about the hard work involved and the subtle details often overlooked or hand-waved.

To anyone who is upset about their server or the community: Say something.  Our general trend has not labeled any criticism as toxic although there is a right way to do things and there are other ways.  I can tell someone with something in their teeth "There's something in your teeth" versus "You're ugly (because there's something in your teeth)."  If you want to be a champion, which I encourage, then do something about it; lead the way and make the community you want.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and good luck on  your endeavours.

lol just literally uninstall the addon that removes the minimap

19 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

If that's the one thing you picked out from my entire explination, then you are one of the many reasons i'm leaving.

Instead of complaining about the problems in a 'goodbye' thread why don't you inform the manager in the appropriate section?

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

1 minute ago, Joshy said:

This is the only problem you're upset about?  Will it bring you back to our servers?

i mean, it would help, but the server was still pretty bad before it was changed

Just now, Rosalina said:

i mean, it would help, but the server was still pretty bad before it was changed

I don't see many post of you informing about these problems.

1 minute ago, Rosalina said:

only the 3+ harassment reports, all of the improvement ideas i posted, and the things i've said in game.

None under your name.

Just now, Doctor-F said:

None under your name.

If you want, check my profile. I recently changed my name from CloLo

but if you're going to argue about something so trivial, again, this is why im leaving

Just now, Rosalina said:

If you want, check my profile. I recently changed my name from CloLo

but if you're going to argue about something so trivial, again, this is why im leaving

Honey, content doesn't change if you change your name. Stop being so defensive, the only reason you're leaving is because of you not taking action

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Let's just move on guys.  At least we got this post and we have something to work with.  Thanks for keeping us in the loop.  I'm pretty sure the team can help make some of the simple changes, but I had a lot of concern when I saw "four years" building up to it.  It's not to say that the three reports are good, but three reports over a period of four years... most place would consider that pretty good performance.  Was it the way they handled your reports?

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

1 minute ago, Doctor-F said:

Honey, content doesn't change if you change your name. Stop being so defensive, the only reason you're leaving is because of you not taking action

You can check my posts. I'm defensive because i've gone through your horrible forum formats and nothing happens. Thankyou for being so agressive however.

1 minute ago, Rosalina said:

You can check my posts. I'm defensive because i've gone through your horrible forum formats and nothing happens. Thankyou for being so agressive however.

And did you seriously just adress me as 'honey'?

Posted  Edited by Rosalina
5 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Let's just move on guys.  At least we got this post and we have something to work with.  Thanks for keeping us in the loop.  I'm pretty sure the team can help make some of the simple changes, but I had a lot of concern when I saw "four years" building up to it.  It's not to say that the three reports are good, but three reports over a period of four years... most place would consider that pretty good performance.  Was it the way they handled your reports?

I would like to mention that I only noticed you have a forums about 8 months ago. Also, all 3 player reports have been recently, and my sugguestions have been very spread out. And yes, the reports caused little to no change, only providing a ten minute 'gag' for the person to start doing the same things still.

Edited by Rosalina