BOOMER

Moderator Role

This is a very simple suggestion that kinda explains itself. Add a role in between GFL Member and Admin, that being Moderator.

Moderators would have some of the admin powers, but limited. (Teleport, Slay, Warn, Restore, Mute, Gag- but not Kick or Ban)

In order to Become a moderator, you would need to apply. You need just one admin sponsor, and at least 24 hours on record on the

server.

They would also have a customizable tag.

27 minutes ago, Boomer said:

This is a very simple suggestion that kinda explains itself. Add a role in between GFL Member and Admin, that being Moderator.

Moderators would have some of the admin powers, but limited. (Teleport, Slay, Warn, Restore, Mute, Gag- but not Kick or Ban)

In order to Become a moderator, you would need to apply. You need just one admin sponsor, and at least 24 hours on record on the

server.

They would also have a customizable tag.

Hey there, once you apply for admin and get accepted you won't become a full admin instantly, you will get a rank called "Operator" (which will give you a badge).

Operator is essentially a trial admin, they have some basic powers, such as kick/mute/ban/slay, and a customizable tag in-game, depending on the server.

It used to be shown as a separated role, but it was decided to only have a badge.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Posted  Edited by Ryann

naa i agree with boomer. 

He said no ban or kick. 

Just slay, gag or mute. Admins reguardless of trial or not can ban. Kinda like a helpful person, but can get promoted later on...

btw boomer this isnt going to happen lol

Edited by Ryann

8 minutes ago, Ryann said:

naa i agree with boomer. 

He said no ban or kick. 

Just slay, gag or mute. Admins reguardless of trial or not can ban. Kinda like a helpful person, but can get promoted later on...

btw boomer this isnt going to happen lol

this is literally the operator rank, some servers allow operators to kick and do really short bans but most just let operators do slays, gags, and mutes

Posted  Edited by Duc2000

Some servers already have it. It is up to the server manager to have it. Breach already has this, I'm just going to move this to implemented since we already have it. If you want all of GFL to have it go to the main suggestions or talk to the server manager of a server you want to have it. 

Edited by Duc2000

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Moderator roles are very flexible, some server managers allow for Operator, others don't, some just let it be default, or not. It's up for the manager, as long as there's an equivalent role within forums (e.g moderator in-game, operator in forums), everything is A-OK.

Achievements