Maximino007

SCP-870 "The Maybe There Monsters"

SCP-870's wiki: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-870

Description:

SCP-870 is an animal species of undetermined proportions and appearance, which, for unknown reasons, can only be perceived by individuals suffering from schizophrenia. This often results in specimens of SCP-870 being dismissed as hallucinations. Specimens of SCP-870 are omnivorous and seem to eat nearly all kinds of plants and meat, but will typically eat their food in secluded areas.

Notably, two people with the ability to perceive SCP-870 will describe its appearance in completely different ways, even when looking at the same specimen of SCP-870. Descriptions of SCP-870 have included:

-An alligator with spider legs and three eyes.

-A man made out of smoke.

-A giant ant with a human face.

-A hunchbacked child with a parrot's head.

-A spider with 'too many legs'.

-A giant centipede with human arms instead of legs.

Specimens of SCP-870 are highly predatory, and will typically stalk their prey for months and years without eating. It is unknown how they manage to last this time without succumbing to malnutrition. Eventually, at a seemingly random time when their prey is alone or in a secluded area, SCP-870 will kill and swallow their prey whole.

(I totally didn't copy and paste all of this)

SCP-870

Stats:

Team: SCP Team

Base Health: 230

Attack Damage: 5

Attack Speed: Rapid

Movement Speed: Human Sprint speed

Spawn: Replacer for SCP-1471 (Meaning both of them cannot be in the same round)

Mechanic:

LMB: Bite (Attempt to eat their enemy, heals 1 for every time you bite them.)

RMB: Swallow ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  (Eats the item that the enemy is holding. Heals 20) (30 second cooldown)

Special: Every minute, SCP-870 can see all of the players who can see it for 10 seconds

(The Important Stuff) Details:

SCP-870 can only be seen by 2 random people in the round.

The two people will permanently be able to see them until they die.

Any team could have a chance of being able to have the ability to see it except for the SCP team.

The SCP team can see SCP-870 just like how they can see 1471 and 966 no matter what.

Someone in the NTF wave has a chance to be able to see SCP-870. It is not guaranteed that one of them can be able to see SCP-870

Players who see SCP-870 will see it as a bat.

If all the players who are able to see SCP-870 die, a random player who is alive will be able to see SCP-870.

Players who cannot see SCP-870 are still able to hurt it.

SCP-870 can be seen in an S-Nav Ultimate

Every minute SCP-870 can see all of the players who can see SCP-870 for 10 seconds.

The players will be highlighted similar to SCP-2521.

SCP-870 can see and attack any players who cannot see SCP-870 and SCP-870 can attack players who see SCP-870.

If SCP-870 is in max health and bites someone, it's health will be added by the number it was healed by.

So if SCP-870 had 230 health and bit someone, it's health will be added by 1, making it's health 231 instead of 230.

SCP-870's Playermodel: a bat.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=733086162&searchtext=Bat

This is basically the old scp-178-1 except even worse. He would be incredibly easy to gun down by the 2 people who could see him, his health gain is laughably low, and it is NOT fun getting gunned down by something you can't do anything against. 178-1 had the problem of being too weak, and that was with only having ONE person able to see him and only if they picked up the glasses for it.

While I would love to see scp-178-1 back as it was fun to play(just needs adjustments), this is not a good alternative.

this would be really good with a few changes.

THESE ONES ARE NEEDED FOR ME TO +1

1) damn that health is like my dick size. please buff that shit NOW

2)also increase the attack damage to 20-30 (this would come with slowing down the attack speed)

3)increase the number of people who can see him, and make it a 1471-esc thing (he can only see those who see him, and vice versa)

NOW LEMME BREAK IT DOWN TO THE POINT WHERE ITS BASICALLY A BRAND NEW SUGGESTION

2 hours ago, Maximino007 said:

Someone in the NTF wave has a chance to be able to see SCP-870. It is not guaranteed that one of them can be able to see SCP-870

make it guaranteed.

this one isnt really needed, but it would be closer to the lore if everyone saw it differently. Now depending on how difficult this would be to code, it may or may not happen. But it would be more fun if there was some variety.

If all the players who are able to see SCP-870 die, a random player who is alive will be able to see SCP-870.

Every time a player who can see SCP-870 dies, another one is chosen at random. (Surpise schizophrenia passive)

no.

Every minute SCP-870 can see all of the players who can see SCP-870 for 10 seconds.

negated by my other fix.

SCP-870 can see and attack any players who cannot see SCP-870 and SCP-870 can attack players who see SCP-870.

also negated, but literally everyone (including SCP-870) would hate this with a passion.

Why not just heal by the attack number? (20 after my fix)

RMB: Swallow ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  (Eats the item that the enemy is holding. Heals 20) (30 second cooldown)

Ehhhhh, this seems like a waste of a good RMB ability. if i were you, i would make it so that SCP-870's RMB can give somebody scizophrenia.

as it currently stands, this would be worse than 1471 and would immediately become everyone's least favorite SCP. but fix it a bit in a seperate revision post and i would proably give it a +1. but as of now, you already know that its a big ass

-1 FROM ME CHIEF

Dude I'm sorry but I wanted to suggest these for a while because I really liked this SCP. Though honestly, it would be hard for it to work while following its article -1.

Posted  Edited by Maximino007

Ok, that's alot of damage.

I'm going to try to explain the reasons why I chose how I wanted 870 to work. (And agree with some replies)

Green = Agree

Red = Disagree

Purple = Can't do anything about it

Yellow = Explaining

4 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

This is basically the old scp-178-1 except even worse. He would be incredibly easy to gun down by the 2 people who could see him, his health gain is laughably low, and it is NOT fun getting gunned down by something you can't do anything against. 178-1 had the problem of being too weak, and that was with only having ONE person able to see him and only if they picked up the glasses for it.

While I would love to see scp-178-1 back as it was fun to play(just needs adjustments), this is not a good alternative.

I chose 2 people to be able to see SCP-870 as a refrence to the article, it's health gain is low because SCP-870 has a rapid attacking LMB, meaning it will heal constantly but I do want it to heal a bit more and it's playermodel is small. I do agree with you in the part of it being too weak to fight back against the players who can see him.

3 hours ago, Mr Z said:

This would be terrible to play, and this is coming from someone who thinks 066 is fun to play.

I cannot do anything about your opinions.

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

this would be really good with a few changes.

THESE ONES ARE NEEDED FOR ME TO +1

1) damn that health is like my dick size. please buff that shit NOW

2)also increase the attack damage to 20-30 (this would come with slowing down the attack speed)

3)increase the number of people who can see him, and make it a 1471-esc thing (he can only see those who see him, and vice versa)

NOW LEMME BREAK IT DOWN TO THE POINT WHERE ITS BASICALLY A BRAND NEW SUGGESTION

5 hours ago, Maximino007 said:

make it guaranteed.

this one isnt really needed, but it would be closer to the lore if everyone saw it differently. Now depending on how difficult this would be to code, it may or may not happen. But it would be more fun if there was some variety.

Every time a player who can see SCP-870 dies, another one is chosen at random. (Surpise schizophrenia passive)

no.

negated by my other fix.

also negated, but literally everyone (including SCP-870) would hate this with a passion.

Why not just heal by the attack number? (20 after my fix)

RMB: Swallow ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  (Eats the item that the enemy is holding. Heals 20) (30 second cooldown)

Ehhhhh, this seems like a waste of a good RMB ability. if i were you, i would make it so that SCP-870's RMB can give somebody scizophrenia.

as it currently stands, this would be worse than 1471 and would immediately become everyone's least favorite SCP. but fix it a bit in a seperate revision post and i would proably give it a +1. but as of now, you already know that its a big ass

-1 FROM ME CHIEF

-Now looking back I agree with one of the NTF having a guaranteed chance of one of the NTF to see SCP-870.

-I'd see a problem with multiple player models seen by different people. Mainly it's hurtbox.

-I agree with when one of the people with schizophrenia dying and someone else get's schizophrenia. 

-I agree with no. It will make it more balanced.

-O k .

-Now looking back it should of been only to attack players with schizophrenia. It would make it more balanced and less overpowered against other players who can't see it.

-I agree. With low health it should be able to heal more.

-I was actually thinking of an RMB that makes someone get schizophrenia but I decided to just make it swallow an item to fit lore.

-I will eventually make a revised suggestion for this SCP. When I mean eventually I mean tomorrow. When I mean tomorrow I mean today but when sun rises for me.

2 hours ago, Doomnack said:

Dude I'm sorry but I wanted to suggest these for a while because I really liked this SCP. Though honestly, it would be hard for it to work while following its article -1.

I probably tried to make this SCP fit lore a bit too much, making it feel the opposite fun to play as.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Results:

Agree - 8

Disagree - 1

Can't do anything about it - 2

Explaining - 3

Edited by Maximino007

1 hour ago, Maximino007 said:

Ok, that's alot of damage.

nothin personal kid

also i didnt expect you to actually make a good, fleshed out repsonse to this. respect to you man