Liloz01

New Donation System

Suggestion: make a webhook for discord for a donation feed so people get a sense of pride seeing their name in a special place showing their donations. Bonus suggestion would be on shoutbox too in case they dont use discord. 

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

12 minutes ago, WigglesWorth said:

Suggestion: make a webhook for discord for a donation feed so people get a sense of pride seeing their name in a special place showing their donations. Bonus suggestion would be on shoutbox too in case they dont use discord. 

Hey, DIRECTOR MAN @WigglesWorth, use the form!

Thank you!

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

This thread is either trusted only or something has gone seriously wrong when only staff is responding to it.  I'm not trusted, and so I'm thinking it's the second half.

If I were in your shoes, then I'd be responding and giving feedback to Suggestions and even revisit the topics in Closed.  It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of suggestions were too early for their deserved glory, and you'll win twice by making your members feel more involved and valuable to the community.  People are not responding because these prominent likelihoods: (a) they feel like they've already told you, (b) they feel like you wont value what you tell them, (c) you don't have active members, or (d) they are happy as it is.

I would add an extra tier of perks only available for the low population servers that few play on.  We already know people will buy the universal perks good for all servers and the forums on your bread and butter servers (so don't make it available on all servers), but how to convince the others...  It's without a doubt, that cost really helps, and we've seen this with sales if you're on top of it and hit at the right time.  I would add server specific perks for a lower cost to see if you can boost the low population servers, and this would give the Server Managers there more control instead of clumping a lot perks together into a server almost nobody plays on.

I've seen several threads in earlier times about a "Point" system that weighs your activity and contribution to the community.  Think of it like signing up for a membership or getting one of those stamp cards at a restaurant, and they reward you with something after so many visits or dollar spent; hell: Give them something special during events such as a holiday or their birthday.  This use to be really big talk in CS:S Surf RPG DM in terms of game activity and score although I'm not sure if the threads have any visibility at all (I remember Disturbed_one writing something about it-- his was specific for game performance, but my comment here is much more broad).  Don't put all the weight on money and give back to members who contribute or return to the community.  Their play time helps your servers.  Their forum activity helps the community.  Their participation in events help.  Referrals to recruit new members.  Discord/TS activity.  Etc.  Nothing specific in mind...  I would try it with a few small things and let the system grow or evolve into its eventual best forms.

Good luck.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

@Joshy

I feel like I should firstly clear up why no suggestions are in this thread, it's because they are all sent to mine/directors DMs, where they are then spoken about with the user, not this thread or any public thread. I think that is a misconception you are having, however, admittedly there are few suggestions. (4 that aren't current staff members).

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

I've seen several threads in earlier times about a "Point" system that weighs your activity and contribution to the community.

This is the achievement system that Nick wants to create. It has been suggested that donations of any sort will contribute to your "level" or amount of points in this system, or that even boosters for this system can be purchased standalone. As this thread is about donations, that's all I comment about, but, thank you for the other suggestions related to the system. (And yes, he still wants to create it. He's just swamped by his education right now)

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

I would add an extra tier of perks only available for the low population servers that few play on. 

I will add this to the trello board. "Boosts" or "perks" on a server-by-server basis sound good.

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

If I were in your shoes, then I'd be responding and giving feedback to Suggestions and even revisit the topics in Closed.  It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of suggestions were too early for their deserved glory, and you'll win twice by making your members feel more involved and valuable to the community.  People are not responding because these prominent likelihoods: (a) they feel like they've already told you, (b) they feel like you wont value what you tell them, (c) you don't have active members, or (d) they are happy as it is.

I have looked through the suggestions forum and "idea documents" (ones made by Skittlez, Queue, etc.) and from what I could find in them, relating to the donations process, I have also put onto the trello board. (I only found two specific things...) However, the point of "don't go searching for new problems while there are clearly a lot of unsolved ones" is taken.

Thank you!

p.s use the form :lenny:

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: