Loccstan

A New Diddle Boss Strat

Posted  Edited by Loccstan

I have discovered a pretty easy to execute strategy for the final boss in Diddle which should lower the player count and item requirements to win.  It is called the ISLAND STRAT and is inspired by the tower strat proposed by Skadoosh: 

Before I go into more detail, I want to add a disclaimer that I only tested this in offline mode so while this strat probably will work on a full 64 player server, it is not guaranteed.  Anyways here is the strat:

1. The only mandatory items are big dick and legendary heal. Any extra items, especially disco pushes, would be helpful as well. My suggested item loadout would be 1 big dick, 3 push, 1 legend heal, and rest green walls. Also as long as at least 16-18 players are alive right before the boss fight, this strat should have a reasonable chance of succeeding. 
  2. The island strat is pretty much the same as the existing popular strats leading up the final boss fight. It only diverges once humans teleport into the location for the final boss fight and leave the house they TPed in.  
  3. The humans need to split 50/50 and go into two directions. The first group goes through the middle as humans typical go (see image 1). The second group goes right and up the elevator (see image 2). Both of these paths are not that hard to hold, especially if humans defend a bit before the paths split up. 
  4. As you notice the elevator brings the humans up to an island. This island is actually a very safe spot for the humans. There is only 1 path into the island besides the elevator and it is very narrow (see image 3 and 4). In addition, once the elevator ascends, it will disappear and zombies cannot use it. About 10 humans with negevs are enough to defend this narrow path from any number of zombies. The only zombie items which might cause trouble are jumper and jihad, but the humans should be able to easily shoot them away as there is no cover for zombies below. 
  5. The humans who went middle needs to trigger the boss fight by touching the gate besides the tower and then quickly run to the island to join the humans who are already there. 
  6. From the island, humans can wait for the final boss to spawn and then shoot at it from a distance. I tested it and you can indeed use a weapon like a negev to kill the boss from the island (see image 5 and 6). 10 humans should defend the path while the rest should shoot the boss. Given how easy the defense is, humans should not expect to suffer any losses during the boss fight. 
  7. After the boss dies, the humans need to go down onto the bridge, run to where the boss used to be and jump off. This is where the big dick is needed to give humans extra speed boost and slow the zombies. The speed buff from big dick lasts long enough for the humans to run all the way to the end. This might be the hardest part of the island strat as you will need decent zombie dodging skills, but it should be doable at least 15 humans. Having at least one push ready would make a huge difference as well.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by Loccstan

asdf

I can see this work if you have 1 push. 

This is very similar item loadout to big dick strat we were testing a few months back, but the island strat is a neat idea and I think you are onto something. 

i will 100% try this next time diddle is up as getting to the final boss is not hard at all. Big dick is also very helpful at the fetus boss as if you can fire it when he goes bezerker and not need a diddle cannon. 

The hold after the fetus buss at the zombie cage is not hard if you have 2 push, and is a breeze with 3. 

love it!

Good idea but I'd say at least 1 push is needed. The last thing humans will want to do is run towards the jump with Negevs out trying to knock back slowed zombies to clear a path & I can see a train of people dying if one person were to edge near the front of the boost.

Also not sure if the zombies would be slowed down if they were to jump from the top near the boss.

Interesting idea though, I'm curious to see how it'll play out!

Posted  Edited by Loccstan
14 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

I can see this work if you have 1 push. 

This is very similar item loadout to big dick strat we were testing a few months back, but the island strat is a neat idea and I think you are onto something. 

i will 100% try this next time diddle is up as getting to the final boss is not hard at all. Big dick is also very helpful at the fetus boss as if you can fire it when he goes bezerker and not need a diddle cannon. 

The hold after the fetus buss at the zombie cage is not hard if you have 2 push, and is a breeze with 3. 

love it!

Thanks, glad you like it. Looks like we are going to have a Diddle event very soon as well. If this strat does work, it would very useful during the event. 

11 hours ago, Mavis said:

Good idea but I'd say at least 1 push is needed. The last thing humans will want to do is run towards the jump with Negevs out trying to knock back slowed zombies to clear a path & I can see a train of people dying if one person were to edge near the front of the boost.

Also not sure if the zombies would be slowed down if they were to jump from the top near the boss.

Interesting idea though, I'm curious to see how it'll play out!

Yes having a push would make this part so much easier, almost too easy I think. I would love to see this done with no pushes, aka helms deep style with the humans charging while trying to avoid getting knifed. 

Edited by Loccstan

asdf

Posted  Edited by Rune

i heard csgo server want to declare Diddle extreme event which is 5 in 1 playthrough ( i hear from other player thoo ).
are you guys really doing it?

i mean, if it's true, ( i'm not intent stop you ) i'm not sure everyone will doing it full time of event. thoo some player gonna leave after losing few times ( unless you going back to normal if extreme seems unbeatable ). and i don't think the team can manage 40 players alive ( at least ) after finding third key. just remind normal stage how did player which may die stupidly, same way, boss attack, or some unpredictable accident.

Edited by Rune

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Rune said:

i heard csgo server want to declare Diddle extreme event which is 5 in 1 playthrough ( i hear from other player thoo ).
are you guys really doing it?

i mean, if it's true, ( i'm not intent stop you ) i'm not sure everyone will doing it full time of event. thoo some player gonna leave after losing few times ( unless you going back to normal if extreme seems unbeatable ). and i don't think the team can manage 40 players alive ( at least ) after finding third key. just remind normal stage how did player which may die stupidly, same way, same boss, or some unpredictable accident.

There are a few changes with this version iirc.

1) We'll be able to pick the mini-map order. We're thinking of doing the harder maps first and grabbing the heal on turtle.

2) Torches from the weeb mini-map will work as mini pushes through-out the entire session.

I do agree though. It will be very difficult and I seriously doubt we'll win it. It is all five mini-maps and then final diddle, all in one playthrough.

3 minutes ago, Mavis said:

There are a few changes with this version iirc.

1) We'll be able to pick the mini-map order. We're thinking of doing the harder maps first and grabbing the heal on turtle.

2) Torches from the weeb mini-map will work as mini pushes through-out the entire session.

I do agree though. It will be very difficult and I seriously doubt we'll win it. It is all five mini-maps and then final diddle, all in one playthrough.

Careful with the weeb pushes, it's unclear as to the changes vauff is making, initially he was going to remove now, now they might be on a 300s cd, so idk

1 minute ago, willywilson said:

Careful with the weeb pushes, it's unclear as to the changes vauff is making, initially he was going to remove now, now they might be on a 300s cd, so idk

Yeah. Luff said the CD for the weeb pushes would have to be silly high. Last I heard, Vauff was having difficulty with making them persistent during each playthrough so idk if they'll even be ready for Sat..