Lemon

Random Website Opened...

Posted  Edited by Lemon

Okay, so I make a post on the forums, and immediately, a random page opens. It gives me multiple options for what kind of prize I would like to redeem. Hey, maybe I'll redeem my free iPhone 7. Anyone else want anything? 

https://gyazo.com/814d5ad5026c89f97e8d58410ee6165b

Edited by Lemon

21 minutes ago, Telemetry said:

Congratulations on the Adware.

That's the thing. I don't download anything. But, I will do a virus scan, anyways, to see if it detects anything.

On 1/9/2017 at 10:33 PM, ButterKing5000 said:

A virus scan won't necessarily detect adware. Something you may want to check first is a random google chrome extension. Go to chrome://extensions/ and look for anything unusual (and delete it).

You could also try this Adware Cleaner provided by MalwareBytes. (Note that it will force a restart to help delete whatever it may find)

I know this is late, but, I used the Adware Cleaner, and it didn't find anything. Plus, nothing has happened since. O also checked my Chrome extensions, and didn't find anything suspicious either.

On 1/17/2017 at 5:45 PM, Lemon said:

I know this is late, but, I used the Adware Cleaner, and it didn't find anything. Plus, nothing has happened since. O also checked my Chrome extensions, and didn't find anything suspicious either.

I've gotten an adware before and it's not pretty. All I did was use Google chrome Cleanup tool to fix it, and it fixed everything.

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

2 hours ago, JerryBomb said:

I've gotten an adware before and it's not pretty. All I did was use Google chrome Cleanup tool to fix it, and it fixed everything.

Don't worry, It wasn't adware. I remember what it was... I had a second window of Chrome open, and I was on an adf.ly page, about to download something, I must've clicked an ad, because It has never happened before, or since it did.