wessaw

zero nomination day

Posted  Edited by wessaw

the only   benefit  is that we can   play old maps(minas ,old wanderers...)  other  than  that  ppl always vote  for  (dont change map)  or overplayed maps 

we did it like  6 times after beating  wanderers  
dont u think   letting ppl nominate  all+ old maps  instead of zero nomination  day  will be better ?

Edited by wessaw

Posted  Edited by Vauff

Since people were having trouble understanding, here's a cleaned up version of the OP.

The only benefit to zero nomination day is that we can play special maps like minas or wanderers v2_11, other than that people always vote for 9/don't change in the rtv votes or for overplayed maps. We did that 6 times in a row after beating wanderers today!

Don't you think that letting people nominate all normal maps plus special maps instead of doing zero nominations day will be better?

My personal reply to this is that I think zero nominations day is still accomplishing its goal. If you look at #map-tracking in our Discord server during zero nominations day, you notice a lot more variance in maps. On zero nomination days I always notice maps showing up in there that I haven't seen played in a while. The times where we go vote after vote voting 9/don't change hoping for a good map has only happened twice to my knowledge.

Edited by Vauff

53 minutes ago, Vauff said:

Since people were having trouble understanding, here's a cleaned up version of the OP.

My personal reply to this is that I think zero nominations day is still accomplishing its goal. If you look at #map-tracking in our Discord server during zero nominations day, you notice a lot more variance in maps. On zero nomination days I always notice maps showing up in there that I haven't seen played in a while. The times where we go vote after vote voting 9/don't change hoping for a good map has only happened twice to my knowledge.

And it was really because none wanted to play any of the maps randomly selected, not trolling.

The system is interesting, and even if I used to not like it in first intention, I kind of enjoy it now :)

76561197989403214.png

the amount of times i've played a map i haven't played in months or something completely new because of zero nom day is more than I can count on both of my hands. I think the system is doing exactly what its supposed to do. Now that being said yes, you will always get frostdrakes or santas chosen but it more depends on what they're up against than anything else. I remember the trial zero nom day, Frostdrake, santa and pirates all went up against each other so the server had to choose which one is wanted most and the other 2 didn't get played that day, I think that this is the PRIME example of why it needs to remain the same and not changed

i dont like it

why not set a max nominations 2 per player per day?

/or and set max playtimes of final fantasy maps to 2 per day? for example

and also max 2x surf maps per day with minimum 4h break between them

the "real" issue with map diversity is that even some map is already 3x extended, it often gets extended even longer by admin

thats like 2h 1 map, at least it feels like 2h, i dont know if thats real^^

that are my thoughts :)

Its really easy to fix. Just bring back wanderers v2_11 to nomlist as luigi sayed, and everyone will play in random maps. Profit

18 hours ago, Elch said:

the "real" issue with map diversity is that even some map is already 3x extended, it often gets extended even longer by admin

why it's the issue when people enjoy the map and want to extend in order to finish the map? Admin only extend if they ask for, at least you have to reach 80% vote for extend.

4 hours ago, DarkHeroz said:

why it's the issue when people enjoy the map and want to extend in order to finish the map? Admin only extend if they ask for, at least you have to reach 80% vote for extend.

I did not start the 0 nominations day.

so there must be a reason for that right?

i just tell you how it is and you argue like: " why is there something wrong when ppl enjoy nominate the same maps over and over again because they like playing it" ... (yes this is same pattern as for extend vote)

what i say is when you dont limit like final fantasy, surf maps and admin extended votes a bit, you may not wonder when other maps dont get played anymore^^

and for that to balance you dont necessarily need a 0 nominations day as things wont change, the possibility that in a 5map vote there is a ff or surf map is not little and many people with mic are going to spam (chat as well) to vote for that maps because they like to show others how they can surf or dodge lasers etc. etc.

but before we play a surf map where solo skill > teamplay or before we play wanderers (easy cake map btw.) for several hours

i really welcome the 0 nominations day

is this every sunday?

--when we play a surf map and in the nomination list for nextmap are another 2 surf maps....

well, i do think of fun as mix of variety and not of showing my surf skills and let the noobs get zombie^^

mpov

0 nominations day is and was a success. Quite frankly it's a relief from seeing a bunch of random idiots nominate the same stuff like diddle or aesthetic every single map change :toxic: