Flops

Edging punishments

Posted  Edited by Flops - Edit Reason: me grammar suck

I've always felt like a kick for edging is a disproportionate punishment... I understand that while only repeated offenses are given higher punishments the rule basically gives any person a one-time free edge. They edge, ruin the entire round, waste map time, get kicked, then rejoin shortly after.

(side note - From what i've seen at least, the only punishment that was ever given for edging regardless of map was a kick)

Can we make the punishment either more case by case (previously known troublemakers will get a harsher punishment regardless of the amount of times that they edged) or just a harsher punishment overall? The current rule causes maps like ze_Random to be trolled and essentially unbeatable  since one different person edges every single round in city night escape and all they do is get kicked - the punishment is light so any person (me included) feels like they can just troll one round and be kicked, and rejoin within 2 minutes :wutface:.

Edited by Flops
me grammar suck

3 minutes ago, Yudi said:

Add anti-edge plugin ez win. 

This is basically impossible isn't it? Only mappers themselves can implement things at certain areas punishing edgers... And edging is different for every map at every location :rip:

If there is an admin on that can properly warn people at holds where edging is possible, or even if you have a bunch of different people saying it over the mic and someone still does it, then there should be a more severe punishment. My opinion has always been to just ban that person for the remainder of the map, 

just so you know we kick players for edging intentional or unintentional. most of the time, players aren't aware of the term edging.

it's usually the ones that never heard the term before or people who don't bother reading thru the MOTD.

of course, I always keep my eyes open for players knifing towards the humans while leaving himself vulnerable at the zombies.(Intentional edging - Immediate ban)

really it's depending on the situation when a ban is a must.

26 minutes ago, xZephire said:

I fully agree with Kiko.

But besides all this about how they should be punished etc. might be my timezone but to be honest i rarely see someone edging on purpose and it is fairly easy to tell if someone does it on purpose or not e.g. what kiko said. Other than that you can tell it by the situation by that i mean the location and with that i mean the environment and the threat an edger is to the team. I often see people dying by edging but i rarely see an edger killing everyone (losing the round)

So yeah. And I also doubt that on ze_random someone would do it on purpose most dont know the boss fight and panic and when they panic they just focus on some things and not on all of them so they would edge to avoid boss attacks without thinking of the zombies.

ze_random elevator not boss fight... if you die to a zombie in the boss fight you get pushed out and there's a 1% change you actually kill someone, while on the elevator if you edge there's a 1 % chance the team survives.

Also edging does happen a lot on closed spaces but smart people know how to hide it due to the "katana" (not gonna explain further for obvious reasons). Also maybe instead of kicking 1st time you could slay->kick->ban and repeat after kick for those who aren't first time offenders (for this to work you need a fast finger though).