AceOfSpadesMM

NASA Finds Evidence of Diverse Environments in Curiosity Samples

Imagine if we discovered that Mars actually had life before the Earth did, or that fascinating theory that we are actually Martian life brought to Earth via impact events. The mind boggling amounts of unknowns that exist in just our solar system are truly beyond of what most people realize.

The blue dots indicate where drilled samples of powdered rock were collected for analysis.

Key Locations Studied at 'Pahrump Hills' on Mars

NASA's news article

Reddit Post

Updated: 1/11/22 (MM/DD/YY)

Into-Gif.gif.ce584e0e0a62f867b939c39589add423.gif

Achievements

Posted  Edited by CNe7532294

It boggles the mind when right where we're standing used to be hell on earth literally. The only thing liquid was molten rock. Also funny thing is the earth is actually cooling rather than heating up in terms of the "rockyball" we stand on. This was all before and after the "big smack" w/ the moon.

Hadean.png

Another thing to think about is why are other planet gas giants and do they have any surface a probe could stand on.

Edited by CNe7532294

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

The article concentrates on the environmental changes more than the potential of life.  They're really curios if some large or singular event changed the environment, or if it's something that slowly changed over time.  I just finished a more advanced course in solar system physics by a well-regarded professor and, to my understanding, it's mostly accepted there was once at least microbial life on mars.

Their bigger bit of news, this week, was the announcement of twelve new astronaut candidates (reference).  I didn't know Mike Pence was such a big fan, but he visited Johnson Space Center to join the announcement.  I think he did a pretty good job although there were too many JFK references in my opinion, but I did like his analogy with the box turtle on a fence post.  I was not there.

The link you posted didn't work for me.  Here's the link if anyone wants to read the OP's summarized article: https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6870

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152