Altek

[Suggestion] Leader status

This was a subject talked by some people and the simple way to put it is that x person gets that status and when the mute period for votes come they don't get muted and can keep leading, the admins can keep playing and they don't need to use a bind to unmute all since there is always a possibility that among that "all" there will be spammers. Additionally leaders could have access to beacon (this can be discussed like the concept of the suggestion itself of course), but the main point of this suggestion is to put the idea out there since it won't be a change from night to day and since I don't know how gfl handles mute exceptions I don't know how much work this change can come with.

Also an idea I thought was to just create this externally as another status (like vip,admin) and people that are known leaders could be given this status (not to flood the forums with another application tab).

I tried to keep this simple and direct but any further questions feel free to post here or send me a pm on steam or discord.

Kind regards

Altek

2 hours ago, Altek said:

This was a subject talked by some people and the simple way to put it is that x person gets that status and when the mute period for votes come they don't get muted and can keep leading, the admins can keep playing and they don't need to use a bind to unmute all since there is always a possibility that among that "all" there will be spammers. Additionally leaders could have access to beacon (this can be discussed like the concept of the suggestion itself of course), but the main point of this suggestion is to put the idea out there since it won't be a change from night to day and since I don't know how gfl handles mute exceptions I don't know how much work this change can come with.

Also an idea I thought was to just create this externally as another status (like vip,admin) and people that are known leaders could be given this status (not to flood the forums with another application tab).

I tried to keep this simple and direct but any further questions feel free to post here or send me a pm on steam or discord.

Kind regards

Altek

seems pretty extra especially with the admins really hating additional plugins, I see admins unmuting the leaders instantly when voting happens and they 100% surprisingly do it somewhat well and quickly. And yes, admins are on nearly every map and ESPECIALLY tryhard maps where people actually lead, not your generic cancer map.

Basically, no

:stop:

And about your status suggestion, I like it but it also seems kinda useless - All the good leaders are pretty much already known and respected (like me of course) and don't need a title next to their name saying "LEADER". People are surprisingly good at allowing better leaders to lead without much of a fight.

:thumbsdown:

I don't lead much myself but this seem to be a great idea. Often there's multiple people trying to lead and this feature would allow everyone know who the designated leader is. Therefore, there would no longer be people spamming the voice chat and everyone could focus on what the leader is saying. Great idea.