Sonic1901

Is server ded?

I used to play on this server a lot and it used to have a lot of people on it but now it seems ded. Everytime I open up Community Servers menu i always see this server with 0 or 6 ppl on. Can people tell me if this server is ded on a scale of 1-10?

DDLCWoop.gif

bAtmL88.gif

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bae

Pretty much yes. Manager resigned and left. Some of the older players move to new servers, some went to css instead.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I believe korowa was trying to revive eu surf tho. There are some that's trying to bring it back but it's a really iffy situation.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Baked

There is a ton of drama going around about who's going to become the nest manager and blah blah blah. But for the 1+ years I have been  playing on that server, I say it is growing but very slowly. We've already talker about this countless times and there's nothing really to it. Often there hasn't been many people on but we can fix that. I and so many others for such a. Long time have been saying that we can help and bring it back and I do truly believe we can. If it happens to GMOD Jailbreak and if it's happening to the CSS server, then why not ours? We just need a few more people have hope and believe what limits this server can reach. I've been playing on this server for more than a year, I am definitely not ready to give up now.

I give your scale a 4(for now)

I give a scale of growth - 6(for now)

Edited by Baked

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

ikilledroy.png.67c92b06382380dddcb1f8bf008bd063.png

noobs.png.0cf2d21bc81d219e9dd4ecbc869fc7fe.png

weirdserver.PNG.f1961b5cf0f22eb404ad0dcecc0c0f92.PNG

Interesting how I found this on SourceBans..

1khours.PNG.55315719558ceee643fe10faa7f9418b.PNG

signature.PNG.678535f00d34c4cd3e511ea8ce33b603.PNG

I SPENT 10 MINUTES TYPING A WELL EDUCATED COMEBACK TO A CHATBOX COMMENT AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?get rekt

sdadasdsadasd.gif.e8ae30d871c1e0c7058f2860a0c859f1.gif

360 turn one deag. Thanks Valve.(New application for Faze.)

592fa5f7b9714_giphy(11).gif.7fd2bb0984170a02502ade3c20d4719a.gif

You know what they say, the more orange juice you drink, the less percent you are to become a zombie. -Baked 2017

I'm trying my best to stay on the servers as much as possible. Still waiting for the new manager to be appointed though so we can properly get things done

@Sonic393 He was head admin when johaw was manager but he resigned/gone. 

@Baked Nonono, despite you been on here for 1+ years, and compared to others who've known the server much longer, it is definitely not going well. Dead servers may be removed, I am unsure if it'll happen or not since I mean, you guys aren't completely dead but it's up to the decision-making of DL and stuff. But most importantly, if you guys really want it to stay alive, help as much as you can.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Like @Bae said, I was trying to revive EU RPG, and it was working for as long as I played, but then I quit and it died again. It's still easy to revive the servers, old/regulars players see players they know on the server and will join, invite players to the servers, etc.

It's a bit of a sad situation, considering it used to be very populated years ago, but with new CS:GO updates in the way, people play MM over community servers. If community servers were better supported in CS:GO more people would join. It's clear that MM is the issue, because the day MM servers were down, community servers were full. CS:GO is a big game in player base but most of the players are in MM.

That's why community servers die. But that's not the only issue, some people quit CS:GO for other games or simply got bored of the servers. There are many possibilities that can lead to a server dying.

But my point still stands, it's not hard to revive RPG. We just need even more dedicated users other than myself when I was a manager, and the last manager.

original.gif

Achievements

15 hours ago, Bae said:

@Baked Nonono, despite you been on here for 1+ years, and compared to others who've known the server much longer, it is definitely not going well. Dead servers may be removed, I am unsure if it'll happen or not since I mean, you guys aren't completely dead but it's up to the decision-making of DL and stuff. But most importantly, if you guys really want it to stay alive, help as much as you can.

Trust me, I've seen many servers go bad and unpopular but keeping the atitude and the way you are talking isn't going to help it. It's a long shot but if people just believe in the server we can populate it again. Like I said, such negativity isn't going to help the problem.

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

I SPENT 10 MINUTES TYPING A WELL EDUCATED COMEBACK TO A CHATBOX COMMENT AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?get rekt

You know what they say, the more orange juice you drink, the less percent you are to become a zombie. -Baked 2017

Update: 8 people on today(Progress)

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

3 hours ago, Baked said:

Trust me, I've seen many servers go bad and unpopular but keeping the atitude and the way you are talking isn't going to help it. It's a long shot but if people just believe in the server we can populate it again. Like I said, such negativity isn't going to help the problem.

Let me tell you a little something here.

rant

I'm pretty sure I know more than you considering I've played games and been in many communities that start off big but end up dying. You're the one that's reading my comments completely wrong. Korowa even explained to you what I meant.  Back in the day, both servers were always full, now it's dead or dying. It started to die about last year during the attack.  I never once said that you guys should give up. I said if you want to keep the server, then do something. Invite. Introduce. Advertise (not on other community/servers). Record. Stream. Many other things you can do to make a server come back alive. And just so we're cleared. I helped back up two servers from being shut down while others complained about it shutting down or giving it up for the matter of fact.

Next time, if you're confused as to what I'm trying to say, at least ask before you state false information. 

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Mad_Father - Edit Reason: Added more thoughts as I discussed this with people on shoutbox
On 6/24/2017 at 1:50 PM, Sonic393 said:

I used to play on this server a lot and it used to have a lot of people on it but now it seems ded. Everytime I open up Community Servers menu i always see this server with 0 or 6 ppl on. Can people tell me if this server is ded on a scale of 1-10?

Says you!

You yourself moved on to another clan (which I don't want to name) with some other players who I don't want to mention.

On 6/24/2017 at 8:39 PM, Sonic393 said:

@Mould When tf did you get Head Admin on the server?

You would know if you stayed.

And yes it has been dead for quite a while, if you actually stayed here and get on everyday like @Baked then you would know how dead it is.

(Not that I am in any position to say something like this but I do prioritize real-life issues and personal problems more than everything else)

Don't think I don't keep track of players that usually play on server(s).

5 hours ago, Baked said:

I like the optimism but where's the actual proposed solution?

Just staying afk on server isn't going to help that much if  the players already move on to another server, given @Sonic393 as an example.

However if more people are willing to spend enough time to populate the server then it should be fine.

The real question is, are you willing to spend most of your time trying to be active on the server even though you may be the only one on it?

5 hours ago, Baked said:

Like I said, such negativity isn't going to help the problem.

There is no truth without negativity.

If you want to revive the server, you're gonna need more effort and manpower for that.

Edited by Mad_Father
Added more thoughts as I discussed this with people on shoutbox

PLACE HOLDER

Posted  Edited by Sonic393
8 hours ago, Mad_Father said:

You yourself moved on to another clan (which I don't want to name) with some other players who I don't want to mention.

@Mad_Father

Now since you brung that up. I did but I am getting back into GFL because of the new TTT server. I was applying for admin there since it is new and I like TTT. But since I needed posts I decided to post here about this server since it was one of my favorite servers back in the day. Now that I see it dying I want to help it. I know I went to another server community for a bit. But GFL is way better. Those "some other players who I don't want to mention" wasn't the reason I left the server and I am not good friends with them now anymore anyways. I left the server since the server started dying and I because I wanted to see new servers.

8 hours ago, Mad_Father said:

Just staying afk on server isn't going to help that much if  the players already move on to another server, given @Sonic393 as an example.

I am not an example because I am willing to come back to the server and play everyday.  I never told you that I moved on from GFL. GFL was still in my mind with someone like you popped up saying you were playing CSGO.

Edited by Sonic393

DDLCWoop.gif

bAtmL88.gif

Achievements

1 hour ago, Sonic393 said:

I was applying for admin there since it is new and I like TTT. But since I needed posts I decided to post here

You want to apply for admin on CS:GO TTT but you don't have enough post counts as of now so you post here to boost your post count while staying relevant?

Okay I will give you that by replying to your reply about my reply regarding to your thread so you do certain thing that I don't want to say (should be obvious what it is [maybe for me it is])

2 hours ago, Sonic393 said:

Now that I see it dying I want to help it

Actually it has been dying (at incredibly slow rate) even before you came.

Those "some other players who I don't want to mention" wasn't the reason I left the server and I am not good friends with them now anymore anyways

I'm not saying that you left because of them. I meant to say is that you left WITH them to "that" clan.

I am not an example because I am willing to come back to the server and play everyday

Okay you made your point, but  will you play on GFL surf even when little to no one is on? 

I don't know whether you would do it or not, but I can always check the server browser from Steam.

I keep a list of GFL servers I am "interested" in and I frequently hit refresh on server info for updates, so I better see you up there.

PLACE HOLDER

Posted  Edited by Sonic393
3 hours ago, Mad_Father said:

You want to apply for admin on CS:GO TTT but you don't have enough post counts as of now so you post here to boost your post count while staying relevant?

@Mad_Father

The server manager says that I don't have to have 60+ posts as of rn because server is new and they building admin team.  He says I just need to be active and stay on the fourms and soon get 60+ posts to keep admin if I get it.

Edited by Sonic393

DDLCWoop.gif

bAtmL88.gif

Achievements

14 hours ago, Mad_Father said:

but where's the actual proposed solution?

I and some other people have talked about advertising or inviting friends which should be a great start.

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

@Bae Just saying, talking down and saying it is going to be shut down isn't a good start to be at. I don't know if you're trying to help the server or not but if you are, it sure doesn't look like it.

I am member on...

EVERYTHING!

The server hasn't been growing at all, with school being out for around 2 weeks for most and the server still decreasing in rank should be telling you something.

I believe it should be shut down for good.

rudepog.PNG.3a1c25f3009ab8e9219ba200ef1a01a5.PNG

3 hours ago, Baked said:

@Bae Just saying, talking down and saying it is going to be shut down isn't a good start to be at. I don't know if you're trying to help the server or not but if you are, it sure doesn't look like it.

-Takes deep breath- ..........

-exhale-

You seriously need to learn how to read. Just because I mentioned that it may shut down doesn't mean crap. These things are decided by the higher ups. It is not their first time shutting down servers. They have shut down multiple servers for similar reasons. But you probably wouldn't know that since you're still new. I am just stating and giving you the truth. To be prepared of all outcomes, if it does, I mean IF it does get shut down, that's the end of it. It may come back, who knows.  I would never talk down about the server I got admin on or the person that gave me the opportunity to be admin on this server. Why won't I help? Because I have work and I use my relaxation on what I find that help me relax.

So yes, I have a life. So if I choose to help, then I'll help. If I don't, then I don't. I have other methods that I used to help a server. So I'll do it my way, not how you see blindly about.

Tan05vK.png

credits to @Clavers

Achievements