Cpt.Haxray

Offering to fix Ragdoll Combat's Cargoship and Bridge map

Posted  Edited by Cpt.Haxray

Cargo ship map suffers from a commonly used exploit that allows people to get in with the cargo containers, making them literally impossible to Ko if they make it all the way in. I got some hammer skill, and ill like to put forward an offer of me potentially fixing the exploit(it would just need some quick brush work around the sides so people can't get in). However, i dont want to go and waste my time decompiling the map, fixing any problems in the decompile, fixing the exploit, reoptmizing the map, etc, if its not going to get used, which is why i'm asking first.

And yes, I know I barely even played on the ragdoll combat server, I just got on it earlier today, and instantly encountered people abusing this spot with no admins on(And calling the one person I know whos admin on ragdoll combat to try to deal with the issue constantly gets annoying).

Edit: Also offering to fix bridge map, currently people just get stuck in the tunnels at either side of the bridge and only die because specators manage to get lucky with props and force someone out and off the bridge.

Edited by Cpt.Haxray

The best way to do it would be contacting the original map maker, gamebanana or steam workshop, doesn't matter.
I do that all the time, when I am trying to find resources from other maps or give suggestions for upcoming updates and it's been working perfectly! I even managed to get one mapper to come back to mapping and updating the resources in his previous maps!

Just be friendly and they will be glad to help :)

yeah.gif

I've already got two new versions of these maps that I remade however the only problem with one is that the cars on highway are now errors for me and everyone else and the other map I can't seem to get the spawns to work even though i've coded in the spawns itself and added in a spawn point on the actual map. 

however feel free to remake some of the maps if you so desire.

Achievements

2 hours ago, RickGrimesTM said:

I've already got two new versions of these maps that I remade however the only problem with one is that the cars on highway are now errors for me and everyone else and the other map I can't seem to get the spawns to work even though i've coded in the spawns itself and added in a spawn point on the actual map. 

however feel free to remake some of the maps if you so desire.

Alright, ill see if I get the same troubles you had.