Bluuu3

New PC soon, advice? (edit: monitors?)

Posted  Edited by Bluuu3 - Edit Reason: New question due to research

There is a pretty high chance I will be able to get a new PC in a couple of weeks.

I'm looking for a desktop, not ultra-pricey, maybe 1000-1500 dollars, maybe more. Probably not less. 

I know basically nothing about PCs, and I've never built one in my life. Therefore, I ask you all for help.

Which parts should I focus on the most? Which ones should I put the most money into? I've got a lot of questions obviously, but those are my main two. Any advice would be appreciated.

New question: 

Found a good PC that can be payed for monthly, but it's more expensive than expected, so I have a new question.

Have any of you got any recommendations for monitors, preferably under 400 dollars (CAD) that are at least 120 hz? I don't even know if a monitor of that price and refresh rate exists, but some help would be useful. I think I've already found a good, reasonably priced keyboard but recommendations for that would also be useful if you have any.

Edited by Bluuu3
New question due to research

Punful.png

Mario.jpg.c67022abf2702d2734ae387d615859b2.jpg

Riggs.png.81714f29991558a488ec4ae1bd0897ba.png

@Bonk @Bluuu3 Prebuilds aren't affected by GPU prices skyrocketing. All prebuild mfgs. still sell based on MSRP. 
If you can't wait, I suggest getting your prebuild from https://www.letsbld.com/. They charge a $100 flat fee on top of parts and their site is great.

Like @Aireesan mentioned, you should definetely not consider buying a GPU right now as bitcoin mining has caused a drought on em and they have increased in price dramastically. You could either wait or buy a prebuilt why tbh have been getting better as there are now many more options than before.

SEND MEMES

SEND NUDES

SEND FOOD

I'm lowkey a weeb...

tumblr_ohhs10xsG51vyefqgo7_540.gif

umaruchan.gif

50aa6758b04bcde6818c2a3bc90bd692.gif

Posted  Edited by Bluuu3

Thanks for the advice my dudes, I remember hearing about the gpu prices but completely forgot about it.

I found a good Canadian site with a bunch of electronics that my friend’s brother got his PC from, and the prices there seem really good and they definitely in my budget, so I’ll check out the prebuild PCs there. I don’t even know if I trust myself with building a PC anyways tbh. I will most likely try not to wait cause my laptop is dying and probably won’t even boot up soon.

Edited by Bluuu3

Punful.png

Mario.jpg.c67022abf2702d2734ae387d615859b2.jpg

Riggs.png.81714f29991558a488ec4ae1bd0897ba.png

Just be sure that Canadian site is not NCIX, as they've filed for bankruptcy and are no longer fulfilling orders.  But for some reason their site is still up and appears to be accepting orders. :x