Surreal

Ants, and how they could be used to define the player dynamics of escape in Breach.

IMG_0408.thumb.JPG.ec7de4e61d8483546b53092f2333d59b.JPG

To preface, the image above was the site of observations, which will encompass the article below (Canon Rebel t3i, ISO 100, 8.0, f/250).

Initial Observations

During my daily jaunt into meditation within my backyard, which suffice to say is benefit in itself towards staying level headed in-game. I couldn’t help but notice in the brief moments of my eyes observing the world about me, rather than concentrating on my breath. That the California heat I had been basking in, became suspect to a family of ants; approximately ten in totals utter dismay. In which the inferno of summer heat had left them in chaos, now, what would they have to do? Lay down and capitulate to the thralls of death? Or frantically run about to find shade. The ant I soon realized, would be perfect template for the player. In which these specks of dust on my asphalt divided off into three distinctly different corps.

IMG_0408_LI.thumb.jpg.f91ff44026e2b2d0c5d0a2c3e1b13c27.jpg

Encompassing dynamics.                  

These three corps being of course attached above, where there was three avenues of escape. Two of these being the bottom sections below, which were the quickest, and rather most popular routes. Group A, comprised of 5 ants, made swift efforts towards the red sod, but at the expense of writhing about amongst the jagged wood chips and utter division. Group B, comprising of 3 ants, made a jaunt towards the cracks in the asphalt,where they had better chances of burrowing below. Much to my distaste, where the sun would leave them the largest victims.

Group C; however. Was the one which my predilections adored, a stalwart survivor, who made the slow going slog through to reach the long lasting shade cast by a metal shed, to whom I surmise to be the winner of the competition to survive the Sun. (To note; Group A had even been crossing path at times with Group B for mere moments, before rushing along to what they had thought was refuge.) So, what does this mean for the earlier reference to the ants being template for the player. Well, what this exemplifies Is how the ant acts similarly to the player. When in post observations of the Ants. People often divided off naturally into these three distinct groups, Group A would make a half hazard jaunt into 914 for a faint chance of gaining keycards. But leaving them suspect to being cornered by the Suns carnivorous glance, or what comprises the SCPs, and MTF. Thus writhing about jagged daggers to hide further. Group B would exemplify those finding escape in a hasty escape through Heavy Containment's maze. Initially going into the dirt, but becoming the biggest victims of the quote en quote Suns hazardous gaze.

Conclusions.

Yet again; we come back to group C, who go the whole nine yards for there assured escape. Having to face wholesale brutality against their thorax. Much like the learned man, the risk taking lad in Breach. Who takes the Sun head on without fear. And come out as victors in and amongst the bodies of the damned, and failures. To reiterate, Group A, and B comprise the bottom parts of the above image, and through haste have fell victim to the enemy. Represented by the sun, a growing eminence on the server, comprising MTF and SCP alike. Whilst Group C is victors through there gamble, and surpassing of follower groups. So, take my observations as you may, and even dare to apply it to your own style of gameplay. Lest to be left writhing about like ants against the asphalt.

48 minutes ago, Quint said:

Myrmecology (/mɜːrmɪˈkɒlədʒi/; from Greek: μύρμηξ, myrmex, "ant" and λόγος, logos, "study")  equivalent of a shit post.

this but unironically