Music

Music Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by Music

Steam name: Music

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:204470959

Banned by: SerAxolot

Ban reason: ghosting and massing

I played on your server back in August of 2017 and was banned within 10 minutes of getting on because my Steam contacts decided to ghost and mass RDM apparently.  I don't think it's very professional for you to punish every member of a party equally when not every member of that party breaks the rules.  I was banned permanently for something I never did, and I have SerAxolot to thank for that.

https://imgur.com/a/o3Jfm

I'd appreciate a removal of my ban and a reply from the person who falsely banned me.  Or at least for a higher up to scold them for being so rash.

Honestly, I barely had even 150 hours at that point in Gmod and was an awful shot, so even if I tried to join them in RDM'ing I would have done nothing significant and would have been shut down immediately.

Edited by Music

let me look into it and notify everyone that needs to be notified

1 hour ago, Music said:

His last appearance was on the 22nd of last month, so is there any way you can contact him through other means to get on here?

It actually shows that he was on today. He'll reply here soon

You were banned because of the fact that the 2 people on your friends list that you joined the server with rdmed around a fair amount of people. I am also pretty sure you yourself killed at least 1 (though that could have been unrelated) If you can prove to me that you were not with them, I may revoke the ban

Posted  Edited by Music
On 3/16/2018 at 9:02 PM, SerAxolot said:

You were banned because of the fact that the 2 people on your friends list that you joined the server with rdmed around a fair amount of people. I am also pretty sure you yourself killed at least 1 (though that could have been unrelated) If you can prove to me that you were not with them, I may revoke the ban

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  You ban everyone in a friend group just because they're in a friend group and not based on their individual actions?  If that was allowed on the server I play on, there would be absolutely no one playing on it at all.  How am I supposed to prove to you that I was not there to RDM when I have absolutely no access to damage logs or anything else?  Your logic is quite messed up, man: "Guilty until proven innocent."  Is that really how your higher-ups want you managing a server?

Also, I'm not sure that 1 kill, RDM or not, would be considered mass RDM by anyone at all.  I remember what map it was (pigs+spiders spawn and a secret cake room), but I don't know why I killed the person I did (funny that I can't remember my reasoning for a particular kill after 6 months pass by, right?).  It sure as hell wasn't that I was being told who was inno and who was not by the two people I was there with, which is your "ghosting" claim on my ban reason.

Funny, as I just looked at your TTT rulebook online, and since I did not commit an offense of Mass RDM (which is a 1 week ban), even the punishment for ghosting is only 1 week, which I also did not do.  IF you don't see fit for me to be unbanned, SerAxolot, I'd like for a higher-up to look into my appeal and see for themselves what the suitable action would be.  The ban was initiated 8-16-17 at 00:47, for whoever would so kindly check logs to see that I did not commit mass RDM.  Even if I did kill 1 person, as you said, and they happened to be a T, my ban should be done by now. :)

Mass RDM (Killing THREE people) is 10080 Minutes.

Ghosting (Having an unfair advantage from other players inside or outside the server) is 10080 Minutes.

Edited by Music