SS PigeonShit

New Rule Sucks

Hey guys, does the new researcher-D class rule suck?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Hey guys, does the new researcher-D class rule suck?

• Yes
    • No

Posted  Edited by SSPigeonShit

Short, sweet, direct, to the point. How about instead of bubble wrapping the D class even further, you spawn more crowbars and whatnot in the D block? Or spawn the researchers strictly in light containment? I'm not saying the D class don't have it hard because they do, but there are other, less extreme options, but straight up not allowing the researchers to kill the d class before the 10 minute mark is the nuclear option.

Also INB4 "Quit bitching about the rule", "If you don't like it, don't play here", "There was a vote"

Yes, there was a vote. But who voted. Strictly admins? Or were players allowed to vote? If it was a vote among a few hundred people who play the game regularly, that would be one thing. But don't bitch at people complaining about the rule if they didn't even have a choice in the matter.

Edited by SSPigeonShit

We posted a annoucement about the vote. Over 60 people voted. Not sure we gave enought time though. But we'll see how this goes. I'm pretty sure most who have complained about the new rule have already gotten use to it. Because I rarely see people complain about it now.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Is it really so hard to abstain from killing unarmed d class for 3 whole minutes?

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Posted  Edited by -_Fx_-
9 minutes ago, Xy_ said:

Is it really so hard to abstain from killing unarmed d class for 3 whole minutes?

That's what i keep telling them but I got sick of hearing it and left. They keep thinking they have to wait ten minutes to be able to kill class d. They keep bitching about a rule they can't even read correctly. sorry if im sounding like an asshole but im really annoyed and pissed off right now.

Edited by -_Fx_-

14 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

We posted a annoucement about the vote. Over 60 people voted. Not sure we gave enought time though. But we'll see how this goes. I'm pretty sure most who have complained about the new rule have already gotten use to it. Because I rarely see people complain about it now.

you obviously havent been on today.

Posted  Edited by SSPigeonShit
23 minutes ago, Kite9867 said:

But where was this vote? Never got a message about it, never saw it anywhere. And someone else mentioned the new rule was announced in several different places. I didn't hear about it until today when I noticed it in the MOTD. And most people haven't complained about it because like myself, they didn't know it was in place. We were complaining tonight because this is the first most of us have heard of it.

Edited by SSPigeonShit

1 minute ago, SSPigeonShit said:

But where was this vote? Never got a message about it, never saw it anywhere. And someone else mentioned the new rule was announced in several different places. I didn't hear about it until today when I noticed it in the MOTD. And most people haven't complained about it because like myself, they didn't know it was in place. We were complaining tonight because this is the first most of us have heard of it.

literally only 5 or 6 people were complaining about it. and half of them I've never seen before. you can wait 3 minutes its not a big deal.

3 minutes ago, SSPigeonShit said:

But where was this vote? Never got a message about it, never saw it anywhere. And someone else mentioned the new rule was announced in several different places. I didn't hear about it until today when I noticed it in the MOTD.

Vote occured on a straw poll that was posted to the discord (even then, rules aren't decided by the players, they're decided by the manager)

Announced in the discord with a @here ping, announced as a comment on the motd, and announced using tsay to everyone on the server at the time the rule was changed.

Please provide to me one, solid reason why not being able to kill d class within the first 3 minutes of the round is a bad thing, and the rule may be changed.

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

A majority of the players don't mind the rule the only people who have really complained about it are you and a select few others and the people who complained about it before adjusted and don't give a shit anymore. I love the rule cause I hate getting killed 10 seconds into the round having to wait a whole 12 minutes for the new round to start. And alot of people feel the same way. The rule is completely reasonable. And it overall helps the population stay steady cause people aren't leaving cause they don't want to wait 12 minutes. People have a shorter attention span nowadays. If we lose 5 people because they don't like the rule fine its better than losing 55.

1 minute ago, -_Fx_- said:

literally only 5 or 6 people were complaining about it. and half of them I've never seen before. you can wait 3 minutes its not a big deal.

main-qimg-dde5ecbe11a5ae28b32815deb725ff5a.png

12 minutes ago, Xy_ said:

Vote occured on a straw poll that was posted to the discord (even then, rules aren't decided by the players, they're decided by the manager)

Announced in the discord with a @here ping, announced as a comment on the motd, and announced using tsay to everyone on the server at the time the rule was changed.

Please provide to me one, solid reason why not being able to kill d class within the first 3 minutes of the round is a bad thing, and the rule may be changed.

If the rules are decided by the manager, why have a vote? And to that end, why is it such a big deal that people don't like the rule if they have no say anyway?

Just now, SSPigeonShit said:

If the rules are decided by the manager, why have a vote? And to that end, why is it such a big deal that people don't like the rule if they have no say anyway?

Less a vote and more a poll, the purpose of it is to see what the community thought of it.

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

28 minutes ago, -_Fx_- said:

That's what i keep telling them but I got sick of hearing it and left. They keep thinking they have to wait ten minutes to be able to kill class d. They keep bitching about a rule they can't even read correctly. sorry if im sounding like an asshole but im really annoyed and pissed off right now.

No, you were misunderstanding what they were saying about the rule.

Just now, Xy_ said:

Less a vote and more a poll, the purpose of it is to see what the community thought of it.

But if not even a majority of the community voted, how can that be considered the general consensus of the community?

4 minutes ago, SSPigeonShit said:

main-qimg-dde5ecbe11a5ae28b32815deb725ff5a.png

you're just being completely immature. so you're saying you would wrather wait 12 minutes than to wait 3. Great logic.

2 minutes ago, SSPigeonShit said:

No, you were misunderstanding what they were saying about the rule.

so if they knew it was 3 miinutes then this makes this whole situation even sadder. :benfacepalm:

Just now, SSPigeonShit said:

But if not even a majority of the community voted, how can that be considered the general consensus of the community?

60 players is a pretty healthy sample.

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

1 minute ago, -_Fx_- said:

you're just being completely immature. so you're saying you would wrather wait 12 minutes than to wait 3. Great logic.

Ok first off, I'M the one being immature? You were unhappy with me voicing my displeasure with the rule so you gagged me. Don't fucking talk to me about being immature, the fact that you can't handle opinions that differ from your own.

Secondly, obviously I'd rather wait a shorter time. But the people who are going to leave if they have to wait are going to leave regardless of how long they have to wait. AT MOST this is keeping 1 or 2 or 3 people on the server. Meanwhile it's handicapping researchers and further bubble wrapping D class.

honestly the only thing that made me want to stop playing on the server today is hearing people screeching in my ear for an hour. That's worse than having to wait 3 minutes.