Party

Map Glitches, Tricks, Bugs, Secrets MEGA THREAD

This is a mega thread for Glitches Bugs secrets and more on the maps i know there is already a secrets mega thread but this also has bugs, and tricks On beating the map etc.

Ill start this off with some surf_greatriver_2015 bugs and tricks and secrets

This one has never happend to me but when i tried to bhop on that booster it would stop me 

1 hour ago, Party said:

This is a mega thread for Glitches Bugs secrets and more on the maps i know there is already a secrets mega thread but this also has bugs, and tricks On beating the map etc.

Ill start this off with some surf_greatriver_2015 bugs and tricks and secrets

This one has never happend to me but when i tried to bhop on that booster it would stop me 

I have successfully recreated this issue on my private listen server

the cause for this issue to happen is sv_accelerate 10, I assume this command was changed from default 5.5 to 10 over night because we did not have this problem yesterday even after Roy modded the dice plugin.

So if anyone who have rcon or something, change the sv_accelerate value back to default value please.

PLACE HOLDER

This issue is fixed for US server but unfortunately I forgot to check the EU server for the same issue, the EU head @Korowa is aware of this issue and she can change the server command value herself.

The EU head wants to request for permission from @Dano and @ThomasDavid097 to change the value of sv_accelerate to fix booster glitch herself.

PLACE HOLDER

Posted  Edited by Octavia
9 hours ago, Mad_Father said:

This issue is fixed for US server but unfortunately I forgot to check the EU server for the same issue, the EU head @Korowa is aware of this issue and she can change the server command value herself.

The EU head wants to request for permission from @Dano and @ThomasDavid097 to change the value of sv_accelerate to fix booster glitch herself.

Issue isn't fixed on EU or US. Just tested on both servers and the boosts are still broken. We've tried changing accelerate and airaccelerate, neither of which fixed the issue. 

Edited by Octavia

GFL Banner.jpg

Posted  Edited by Mad_Father - Edit Reason: nvm
46 minutes ago, Octavia said:

Issue isn't fixed on EU or US. Just tested on both servers and the boosts are still broken. We've tried changing accelerate and airaccelerate, neither of which fixed the issue. 

never mind, it seemed to be fixed when I am trialing for it because I was not running metamod source at that time.

I guess it can be both cases (or not) but what do I know about sourcemod? good luck fixing it.

sry for time.

Edited by Mad_Father
nvm

PLACE HOLDER

• 3 weeks later...

There is another thing you can do on Aztec, The invincible door glitch. To do this you need two players, one on each team and one with ice grenade or knife. Next you enter the pass code to enter secret. when the doors close stand in between them. The doors will stop on both sides of you. From here, the player with ice stab/grenade will freeze you. This will cause the doors to shut, and if positioned correctly you will be able to be completely inside the door with no body parts sticking through. What some players and I figured out about this glitch that makes it an exploit, is that the stuck player can shoot through the doors with almost any weapon (I think about full damage). The best part however, is that the player cannot be shot, as the doors stop all bullets from penetrating even the slightest (not sure about Awp, but Deagle didn't penetrate and I believe they have the same penetration abilities). Also, because the player will be in the middle of the doors, the doors will not open until the player is killed/gone. This can be done by shoot a possibly exposed body part, Ice grenading the player after the code is punched in correctly (helps if someone on the exploiters team presses buttons so that they cannot be shot, as it is nearly impossible to press the buttons right in front of the player), or slay/suicide. Luckily this glitch takes teamwork to achieve so it is easier to find out who is helping from chat or damage logs.

P.S. You can also do the same thing to any other door in the rpg surf server's map list, so i'm sure there are similar glitches elsewhere. Hope this makes some people happy!

glhf -Ninja

On 8/18/2016 at 11:05 PM, Ninja said:

There is another thing you can do on Aztec, The invincible door glitch. To do this you need two players, one on each team and one with ice grenade or knife. Next you enter the pass code to enter secret. when the doors close stand in between them. The doors will stop on both sides of you. From here, the player with ice stab/grenade will freeze you. This will cause the doors to shut, and if positioned correctly you will be able to be completely inside the door with no body parts sticking through. What some players and I figured out about this glitch that makes it an exploit, is that the stuck player can shoot through the doors with almost any weapon (I think about full damage). The best part however, is that the player cannot be shot, as the doors stop all bullets from penetrating even the slightest (not sure about Awp, but Deagle didn't penetrate and I believe they have the same penetration abilities). Also, because the player will be in the middle of the doors, the doors will not open until the player is killed/gone. This can be done by shoot a possibly exposed body part, Ice grenading the player after the code is punched in correctly (helps if someone on the exploiters team presses buttons so that they cannot be shot, as it is nearly impossible to press the buttons right in front of the player), or slay/suicide. Luckily this glitch takes teamwork to achieve so it is easier to find out who is helping from chat or damage logs.

P.S. You can also do the same thing to any other door in the rpg surf server's map list, so i'm sure there are similar glitches elsewhere. Hope this makes some people happy!

glhf -Ninja

I can't figure out a temp solution atm, all I can suggest is to warn the exploiters then ban for repeated offenses,

I know this is harsh but according to past experience dealing with exploiters, I don't want to deal with the drama that comes after it for trying to stop exploiters. So I will leave the current server manager@Thomasdavid097 to decide on the fates of the exploiters.

Will edit if I come up with something... hopefully.

PLACE HOLDER

• 10 months later...

Hello, I'm the creator of surf_greatriver_2015. The issue described above has nothing to do with my map, but can be fixed entirely by enabling "sv_clamp_unsafe_velocities 1". In addition, I'd like to clarify that the purpose of this version was to improve the graphical appeal of the map only, I barely made any change over the original in terms of playability and proportions/teleports/damage etc... usually when there is an issue, it's because the behaviour of CS:GO is different than in CS:S.

I'd like to take this time to mention that I gave the map a final update. All of the changes are listed on GameBanana. A quick list of important updates:

• Fixed ramp errors (sudden stops due to collision model, now gone. 100% failproof).
  • Fixed jail door (bar animations are in sync with sound and buttonpress). Also fixed jailbutton conflicts that would bug out the open/close state of the jail door.
  • Fixed an error related to teleporting to top from bottom, which would randomly switch between actual top and top of garage.
  • Added respawnable weapons. Only weapons with an effect under them are respawnable (trolling by picking up and throwing away weapons is impossible thanks to weapon_managers).
  • Added waterfall particles. These will only show if the server has a particle precacher plugin (ask zombie escape servers on how to install or get these).
  • Improved overall cubemapping, lighting and textures. HDR tonemapping available, model tweaks to improve the waterfall effect and more.
  • Improved optimized slightly.

There are some very minor other changes, but aren't important to list here. I hope that people will enjoy this new version, which should be bug-free now.

Posted  Edited by Korowa

@JorisCeoen, thank you for taking your time letting us know about this update, very appreciated. This issue was fixed a while after it was reported and surf_greatriver_2015 wasn't the only affected map. Not many of us were aware about sv_clamp_unsafe_velocities back when that update arrived.

19 hours ago, JorisCeoen said:

Fixed ramp errors (sudden stops due to collision model, now gone. 100% failproof).

This is very important because not many creators take their time to fix it for a long time, or they are unaware of it. The Speed+ upgrade can mess up players' surfing if the surf ramps on a map are massively glitchy. A lot of players complain about maps with this specific issue very often and skip them. This is mostly from ported CS:S maps to CS:GO but not giving the ramps a final fix to prevent this, so, cheers for this one.

Edited by Korowa

original.gif

Achievements