k2nod

5 Year Membership Badge

Posted  Edited by Shuruia

The only "difficulty" in implementing this would be having it under a semi-automated system similar to what @queue suggested, although it should be simple enough to create. The kind of system he outlined is the only feasible way to implement this suggestion for newer members, it seems. As for older members (pre-2016), it shouldn't be too tedious to manually assign the respective badges given that there aren't that many people to verify. I could do this myself since I've been around since 2011, so I know the oldies.

All we need is a dev to pick up a formal request to make the automated half of this suggestion, but that's up to the directors.

Edited by Shuruia

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

• 10 months later...
Guest SkydivingSquid

I like this idea. The automated system might be a little difficult to implement, but I am sure it could be done based on account age. I doubt many players will have that much of an issue with having the wrong badge and would just be happy to have one. In most cases we can point back to account creation date. No need to look back at the old forums. Start fresh. We could also setup a "Badge" forum for players who have questions or request for badges. 

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
On 1/29/2019 at 4:14 AM, k2nod said:

I believe it would be a great idea to create a 5 Year Membership badge. This badge would be given to members who have been in GFL for at least 5 years. So members who have been in GFL since 2014. @Ralsei seemed to like this idea, let me know in the comments what you think.

Happy 8th birthday GFL !!!

I want to know where mine is. necroposting because squidward did it first ;)

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

54 minutes ago, SkydivingSquid said:

I like this idea. The automated system might be a little difficult to implement, but I am sure it could be done based on account age. I doubt many players will have that much of an issue with having the wrong badge and would just be happy to have one. In most cases we can point back to account creation date. No need to look back at the old forums. Start fresh. We could also setup a "Badge" forum for players who have questions or request for badges. 

The one issue is: this page hasn't been up for 5 years. It's been up since 2016 (when the switch from the old forums to this forums happened). So, the automated bot would have to start working until 2021, which would mark 5 years of this forums page.

A good way to verify account data from the previous forums though would be to show one of the following:

- login to your old account

- have verification email about the old account

- show some sort of proof that you were on the forums in 2014+

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member