ghaze

Bring Back Chivalry Server "[GFLClan.com EU]64 Slot Chaos | No Lag"

Hello! Many of you may remember awesome Chivalry server that was closed summer 2015! It was always full and fun to play on, Someone replied in chat that server was closed because of new OS (can't remember mac or linux) but anyway now it's all supported! That was really good server and I think it's time to bring it back to life again!

I'm glad to see somebody remembered the server :)

There were a few reasons we got rid of the server. I believe the main reason was because we were getting rid of our Windows machine in Europe (we had one Linux and one Windows machine) and the game only supported Windows. The other reasons included:

• Took up a lot of resources - Especially with us cutting down on a machine. Our last machine would be overloaded with this server still active.
  • The server generated no donations. That was the other big issue. The server consumed a lot of resources but never generated any money (from what I remember).

Our only dedicated machine in Europe is now Windows (had to switch from Linux to Windows because of the CS:GO Linux limitation for game servers). Currently, our machine is under-loaded. I will consider putting this server back up but we would need to find a way to generate donations from it.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

I'm glad to see somebody remembered the server :)

There were a few reasons we got rid of the server. I believe the main reason was because we were getting rid of our Windows machine in Europe (we had one Linux and one Windows machine) and the game only supported Windows. The other reasons included:

• Took up a lot of resources - Especially with us cutting down on a machine. Our last machine would be overloaded with this server still active.
  • The server generated no donations. That was the other big issue. The server consumed a lot of resources but never generated any money (from what I remember).

Our only dedicated machine in Europe is now Windows (had to switch from Linux to Windows because of the CS:GO Linux limitation for game servers). Currently, our machine is under-loaded. I will consider putting this server back up but we would need to find a way to generate donations from it.

Thanks.

I remember gifting you the game, then you started a server up on there. The game was pretty fun. When we get enough money in the bank and we can start hosting stuff like that, we should definitely get one.

but rust comes before that