strawberry crab

4 Things could be addressed in Breach

So more recently more I keep hearing complaints about breach and I believe these should be addressed that users and admins have made I've compiled a list down below maybe their trite reasons, maybe they have merit.  I have my own input on these topics though feedback is appreciated.  Please note these AREN'T MY THOUGHTS rather what I think the main complaints revolve around based on what I read from time to time.

1. Support for Breach is Waning (supposedly)

So this one I here most commonly or at least I hear derivatives with users and members saying the server is not as populated at it once love and that this was linked to various reason as breach "not being as popular"  or that server was "raided" or "admins were inactive" as well as some reasons that are touched upon later.  

2. The Playerbase & Staff

So apparently the staff and playerbase is not the same demographic as it used to be. Certain things change with time though apparently the playerbase according to some has become a "cesspit" or a "cancer" and its driving the "wanted" base/staff away.  I've gotten complaints about "certain restrictions" put in place by the site manager after certain admins abused a said command even though said admins are gone the restriction has not been lifted and "probably never will."

3.  In game content

Received a few complaints now and again about the guns with them being a "shoot and kill" or "OP" and that the "old guns" should be implemented. Have also received complaints about their being "too many scps" or the "wrong scps" complaint revolve around 160, 2845, 011, 1799 and 020 mostly.  Whether be it bugs (mostly about 020) or power of said SCPs.

4. Breach has become "torpid"

By this I've heard complaints that the new content and staff added "aren't as good" or "desirable" as the previous staff, the new content added isn't "as good" as the initial content, changes made don't seem "as good" basically put decisions made don't seem to be with "vigor" in mind thus have the ideas of the last few months to a year seem "torpid". Thus this final reason being a compilation of the previous.

Thus I ask does this still hold true?

space.png

I gotta agree with most of this. Breach is in fact dying (sometimes). A few days ago I checked the amount of players that were on in the afternoon and there were only five. The player base is also VERY toxic compared to other GFL Garry's mod servers. An example being called a faggot for no reason by the staff team just because you joined or one of the staff kicking you and other players trying to be "funny". Yes, the guns do high damage and most scps are overpowered. The old guns required you to usually get into a gun fight but the new ones require the skill of surprise which most players aren't very fond of. 020 is not too buggy from what I've seen but 160 is buggy to the extent of being impossible to play as. 2845, and 011 are, in my opinion, very overpowered. As for the new staff team and 1799, I haven't seen much from both so I can't give a definite opinion.

Posted  Edited by Duc2000
24 minutes ago, Supreme leader 049 said:

160 is buggy to the extent of being impossible to play as.

160 was removed mate (pretty sure he was at least).

I hope these issues (and a bunch of minor bugs Hax listed somewhere) will get addressed by someone in the future, if Breach has a future. The fact is, all things do end. I just hate to see a server I've played for over two years now start to decline. Action needs to be taken soon-large updates and balances to draw new players and bring back old ones, an improved staff team, etc. For right now, Xy is trying to clean up the mess that is this gamemode. And we should thank him. He's put in so much of his time to this server for two years and got nothing in return. So basically, yeah there's a lot of needed fixes for the servers, hope they come soon, and thanks Xy, for everything.

Edited by Duc2000

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

21 minutes ago, Supreme leader 049 said:

I gotta agree with most of this. Breach is in fact dying (sometimes). A few days ago I checked the amount of players that were on in the afternoon and there were only five. The player base is also VERY toxic compared to other GFL Garry's mod servers. An example being called a faggot for no reason by the staff team just because you joined or one of the staff kicking you and other players trying to be "funny". Yes, the guns do high damage and most scps are overpowered. The old guns required you to usually get into a gun fight but the new ones require the skill of surprise which most players aren't very fond of. 020 is not too buggy from what I've seen but 160 is buggy to the extent of being impossible to play as. 2845, and 011 are, in my opinion, very overpowered. As for the new staff team and 1799, I haven't seen much from both so I can't give a definite opinion.

yeah im gonna have to say I agree with some of the comments up above what I think it that some of the new staff have a certain profiles that said users associate with as "cancer" thus they equate this to breach. The complaint with 1799 is that he's "cheap" and "unoriginal"

space.png

12 minutes ago, strawberry crab said:

yeah im gonna have to say I agree with some of the comments up above what I think it that some of the new staff have a certain profiles that said users associate with as "cancer" thus they equate this to breach. The complaint with 1799 is that he's "cheap" and "unoriginal"

!clowned

37 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

160 was removed mate (pretty sure he was at least).

I hope these issues (and a bunch of minor bugs Hax listed somewhere) will get addressed by someone in the future, if Breach has a future. The fact is, all things do end. I just hate to see a server I've played for over two years now start to decline. Action needs to be taken soon-large updates and balances to draw new players and bring back old ones, an improved staff team, etc. For right now, Xy is trying to clean up the mess that is this gamemode. And we should thank him. He's put in so much of his time to this server for two years and got nothing in return. So basically, yeah there's a lot of needed fixes for the servers, hope they come soon, and thanks Xy, for everything.

I thought it was removed but never saw it in the change log so I guessed it wasn't. And yes, most of what Xy has added has made breach better and more fun. The bad things that Xy added aren't even close to as big a problem compared to the player base. 

Yeah honestly I don't think breach is dying. Most of the time when there are less players is because the map is crap at the time (1730 being the biggest example of this.)
I'm not too worried about breach mostly because new content and changes are coming constantly (especially with the new managers :) )

Posted  Edited by Indo

i can see why people say breach is dying, got on at 7:00PM and saw  15/65 people on the server.

Edited by Indo