Rcool64

Epi Pen Price increases %500

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/08/23/epipens-steady-price-increases-masked-until-deductibles-rose/89123786/

Was watching in this on the news today. Any thoughts? IMO, the companies are being complete assholes for selling something that has $2 worth of medicine.

76561198088916523.png

5 minutes ago, Rcool64 said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/08/23/epipens-steady-price-increases-masked-until-deductibles-rose/89123786/

Was watching in this on the news today. Any thoughts? IMO, the companies are being complete assholes for selling something that has $2 worth of medicine.

Bullshit?

I also heard that vaccine prices were increasing. What a shame that people who need medicine a lot of times can't afford it. I know in Germany doctor visits used to be very cheap at one point because of how high the taxes were. But then people complain because of the taxes and then the taxes go down, and the price of a doctor goes up. Nothing is ever "free". But I do think America should increase our taxes slightly on the more rich and use it for a good purpose.

51 minutes ago, Soviet_nazi said:

I also heard that vaccine prices were increasing. What a shame that people who need medicine a lot of times can't afford it. I know in Germany doctor visits used to be very cheap at one point because of how high the taxes were. But then people complain because of the taxes and then the taxes go down, and the price of a doctor goes up. Nothing is ever "free". But I do think America should increase our taxes slightly on the more rich and use it for a good purpose.

I'm pretty sure the taxes are already high in the US, but the "effective tax" isn't. They find ways to get out of paying some taxes and get to keep more money. People who want to stop it, get a good accounting degree, file an application to the FBI, help stop white collar crimes.

Not sure what the people from other countries can do except boycott goods from said rich weasels.

Posted  Edited by TSARGA

21 hours ago, Soviet_nazi said:

Best taxes are no taxes. Prices should be decided by the free market - without State interventionism.

100 doctors, 10 sick - doctors are cheap.

10 doctors, 100 sick - doctors are expensive.

The rich shouldn't pay more taxes than others, because they have the same right to their billions as us to our thousands. Moreover, they invest their billions into the economy, just like any other person that owns money.

The problem aren't the rich, but the State officials who get corrupt by the rich. The rich have huge interest in market regulations that keep potential competitors from appearing (which is why small car/weapon/drug/etc manufacturers are practically nonexistent).

21 hours ago, OtakuSupreme said:

How people can get away with this

There's a corrupt (thus harmful) State organ called "FDA" that prevents their competitors from appearing, so they can easily get away with this. In a normal economy, they would have gone bankrupt by about now.

20 hours ago, MangoDoxin said:

People who want to stop it, get a good accounting degree, file an application to the FBI, help stop white collar crimes.

People can also stop it by reading some Smith/Hayek/von Mises/Friedman before going to the polls.

Edited by TSARGA

9 hours ago, TSARGA said:

Best taxes are no taxes. Prices should be decided by the free market - without State interventionism.

100 doctors, 10 sick - doctors are cheap.

10 doctors, 100 sick - doctors are expensive.

The rich shouldn't pay more taxes than others, because they have the same right to their billions as us to our thousands. Moreover, they invest their billions into the economy, just like any other person that owns money.

The problem aren't the rich, but the State officials who get corrupt by the rich. The rich have huge interest in market regulations that keep potential competitors from appearing (which is why small car/weapon/drug/etc manufacturers are practically nonexistent).

There's a corrupt (thus harmful) State organ called "FDA" that prevents their competitors from appearing, so they can easily get away with this. In a normal economy, they would have gone bankrupt by about now.

People can also stop it by reading some Smith/Hayek/von Mises/Friedman before going to the polls.

Taxes help the nation to build it self, without taxes a nation won't run.

the numbers you gave are just random and cannot be relied upon, who told you its going to be 100 doctors for 10 sick?It can easily go to 1000~ doctors to 4000~ sick in different cases , without the state to regulate in some cases, the monopolies can cause more damage than good with overly high prices or with awful products.

Needless to say the numbers you stated have many factors that make it happen, be it education or the salaries that doctors get, I doubt there will be many doctors or employers that will take in 100 doctors for 10 sick as its just a waste of money to do so and will cause a surplus in doctors, while 10 doctors, 100 sick is also not the ideal but I doubt that's the case today.

A state intervention should be in the normal amount I would say, while regulating some places and allowing competition in other places and the prices to some extend be determined by the public.

02-416x277.jpg

Posted  Edited by TSARGA
13 hours ago, CheapTactic said:

Taxes help the nation to build it self, without taxes a nation won't run.

Taxes help the State to build an maintain itself, not the nation.

ofc by "no taxes" I mean "no economic exchange taxes". Economic exchange taxes are bad, because:

- the State is unable to detect and verify every economic exchange, which makes tax evasions possible

- unfair competitors force fair economic actors to commit tax evasions - prisoner's dilemma

- they necessitate registration/declaration of economic activity, which is time-wasting and requires bureaucrats

- they accumulate, which slows down the economy

- they are harmful to spontaneous order, especially when the production of a good involves a lot of distribution between firms

Only "quid pro quo" taxes aren't bad.

btw you should read Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations, Book V"

the numbers you gave are just random and cannot be relied upon, who told you its going to be 100 doctors for 10 sick?It can easily go to 1000~ doctors to 4000~ sick in different cases , without the state to regulate in some cases, the monopolies can cause more damage than good with overly high prices or with awful products.

Needless to say the numbers you stated have many factors that make it happen, be it education or the salaries that doctors get, I doubt there will be many doctors or employers that will take in 100 doctors for 10 sick as its just a waste of money to do so and will cause a surplus in doctors, while 10 doctors, 100 sick is also not the ideal but I doubt that's the case today.

I'm just saying that the law of supply and demand also applies to medicine. The numbers I stated are totally random. kek

A state intervention should be in the normal amount I would say, while regulating some places and allowing competition in other places and the prices to some extend be determined by the public.

"normal amount" sounds a little too relative. Moral and ethical interventionism all the way, but not economic.

The prices should be fully determined by the law of supply and demand (production, distribution and spontaneous order).

P.S

without the state to regulate in some cases, the monopolies can cause more damage than good with overly high prices or with awful products.

But corrupt State officials allow oligopolies and monopolies. Corporations have huge interest in regulations.

Edited by TSARGA

The problem with medicine that everyone needs is that who ever is able to sell it is also able to set the prices and due to the inhumanity of these people is profit the only thing that medicine is worth selling for. If all of them would take a step back and look around they could see how much medicine is needed. #makethewoldabetterplace <3

Spread peace and love :3

Wutz03.png

3 minutes ago, Wutz said:

The problem with medicine that everyone needs is that who ever is able to sell it is also able to set the prices and due to the inhumanity of these people is profit the only thing that medicine is worth selling for. If all of them would take a step back and look around they could see how much medicine is needed. #makethewoldabetterplace <3

That's the problem with thinking of healthcare as a business. In the end it's not about how many people you save/help but how much money you can take from them.

"Be good people"

6 hours ago, Major_Push said:

That's the problem with thinking of healthcare as a business. In the end it's not about how many people you save/help but how much money you can take from them.

Though slightly different, I am relatively knowledgeable on the healthcare setting from research to clinical, from pen and paper to lab instruments and "manufacturing".

I agree. Healthcare workers should be paid but not like this. I've seen the horrors in billing departments and in the lab. Everything from forcing quicker TAT (Turn Around Time) to flat out fraud (running then billing a patient, their insurance or both).

All I gotta say is what I tell my new hires in any department (outside of lab too like sales and billing) even if they are experienced. "That qtip swab in spit, pee pee cup, blood vial, biopsy, whatever tissue sample is not just that. It's a person's life you are messing with. Tread lightly or they will come down hard on you and everyone else uninvolved eventually."

My current situation right now is this. A competitor of ours ran lots of samples with very short TATs. Turns out a majority of those were Medicares which is a big fucking no no (equivalent to committing fraud at the taxpayer's expense). Now our company and others are being closely watched and it sucks to know someone is watching you work while having to concentrate on your job.

I could list other events I've seen but I would bore everyone here explaining an epic bible cause that's how many I've seen in the name of TAT, sales, and billing. In fact ironically we get invited and paid a bit more to give speeches at symposiums of our experience so people can learn from this.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

On 8/25/2016 at 10:23 PM, TSARGA said:

Taxes help the State to build an maintain itself, not the nation.

ofc by "no taxes" I mean "no economic exchange taxes". Economic exchange taxes are bad, because:

- the State is unable to detect and verify every economic exchange, which makes tax evasions possible

- unfair competitors force fair economic actors to commit tax evasions - prisoner's dilemma

- they necessitate registration/declaration of economic activity, which is time-wasting and requires bureaucrats

- they accumulate, which slows down the economy

- they are harmful to spontaneous order, especially when the production of a good involves a lot of distribution between firms

Only "quid pro quo" taxes aren't bad.

btw you should read Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations, Book V"

I'm just saying that the law of supply and demand also applies to medicine. The numbers I stated are totally random. kek

"normal amount" sounds a little too relative. Moral and ethical interventionism all the way, but not economic.

The prices should be fully determined by the law of supply and demand (production, distribution and spontaneous order).

P.S

But corrupt State officials allow oligopolies and monopolies. Corporations have huge interest in regulations.

Sure, I just meant that the government should have some touch in the economy to prevent abnormal things, lets say that in a competition one company rises and buys the majority of the rest and becomes a monopoly on its own?The government will have to prevent it.

And monopolies created by corrupt governments don't matter, because that's already a government problem and not a taxation or economy problem.

02-416x277.jpg