GFL Star Wars RP ARMA 3 Server  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have any interest in trying to see if GFL would be willing to set up a Star Wars server for ARMA 3?

• Yes I would DEFINITELY want to see a GFL Arma 3 server.
    • No I don't enjoy ARMA that's DUMB.
    • Dn't have ARMA 3/I'm indifferent towards it.

More realistic, but also more serious. For players that want a lot of immersion for battles. Has a ton of player armor, weapon, and vehicle customization allowing for extremely immersive content. 

20200623182036_1.jpg

ngl this lookin pretty sex, i would love to see this at some point

Former CWRP Positions
Gamemaster Shadow Legion Colonel501st 1st LT | 327th 1st LT | Deputy RE Chief
Fleet Commander Catherine - o7

We had an Arma 3 server before a long long time ago. But whether they want to add another RP is a different thing. Setting an RP server is not simple 1, 2, 3 step. RP is one of the top hardest gamemode to set up. At start it may seem easy, but it gets tough each time you add, remove, and adjust to make sure it doesn't break anything else.

I don't think an Arma 3 is a good start to do. It's my personal preference and I just don't think GFL should keep remaking Arma server.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Arma in itself is significantly harder to setup than gmod, before you can get a server going the plugins setup are super important, such as TFAR, ACE, and the starwars mods themselves. tfar is a teamspeak addon that everyone would need if they want to play and communicate reliably. ACE is the medical system in Arma which needs to be thoroughly tested to find how fast you want people to stay up, go down, die, get back up, or kill. If ACE is not correctly set up you'll be able to tell easily. After that the starwars mods themselves there's 4 to choose from and they have their differences such as SWOP, SWLS, JLTS, and TCW. I'm not going to go into detail on the differences as there are many however some are laggier than others. After setting up the mods and plugins you need to somehow get people interested in arma, which itself is a hard thing to do as the arma starwars hype has stopped being in its prime. the other difference is arma isn't played like gmod it's more focused on shooting and tactics rather than rp. A lot of leaderships roles in arma require documentation write ups, such as SOPS, specific rules, qualifications and AARs. so setting up that system is significantly daunting. Having people coming in and out of leadership also really hurts the stability of the unit or detachment so you need to make sure the leadership isnt going to give up at the first sign of work. All in all arma is really hard to keep afloat if you're starting fresh atm. I would highly suggest joining already established units such as the 501st, 101st,212th, or 91st. However you can not join more than one as they're specifically mutually exclusive. in specifics the only unit large enough in arma for 24/7 funops (or minor events) aside from the normal real set operation times is the 501st.

Achievements