The1337Gh0st

Class E Rework

Posted  Edited by The1337Gh0st - Edit Reason: more content + fix typo

Class E in of itself sounds like a pretty neat idea: a personnel who has been exposed to an anomaly of some sort, and now must be contained because of it.
However, I do not believe it was implemented the best possible way into Breach.
It had three unique characteristics: it passively set itself on fire every few seconds, it spawned with a unique item / weapon, and that it was hostile to everything else.

This sounds good in concept, however I do believe it was not strong enough to make up for its problems.
Much like Class D, it was easy to kill, started with little to defend itself with, and it would die easily to the SCPs that spawned around it.

Here is my suggestion on how it could be done better overall:

THE REWORK

YOU ARE A CLASS E

You were once regular personnel, but you have been exposed to an unknown anomaly.

Because of this, you have gained new powers to use, but it also seems to have caused some negative effects on you.

Since the breach happened, you are able to get out of your containment.

Escape the facility as quickly as possible, but it seems everyone else may want to terminate you on sight...

Class E starts with 150 HP, normal walk-speed, but it cannot use vests nor gate commands.

Class E spawns in whatever SCP spawn point is not being used in the current round (except for SCP-079), independent of SCP spawn chance.

Class E starts with three things: a positive passive ability, a negative passive ability, and an active ability.

Whenever a Class E spawns, it is randomly given 1 out of the possible choices for these three things, and it would be displayed in chat what they received.

Here are some ideas I have that could be added in: (passive abilities in green, active abilities in blue, and negative abilities in red)

Decay Aura: Players near you take 2% of their max HP as damage.

Undying: Whenever you take fatal damage, get healed back to full health and become invulnerable for a short duration. Long cooldown, can only be activated 3 times per round.

Untouchable: Upon taking damage of any kind, ignore the damage taken and become invulnerable briefly. Short cooldown.

Enhanced Senses: Players near you will be highlighted in a red aura. (Kind of like what the Tactical Grenade / 2521 ability does, but passively.)

Reincarnation: Upon dying, respawn at your spawn-point with whatever items you had when you died. Can only happen once per round.

Enhanced Strength: Start with 250 HP, and you regenerate 2 HP every second.

Adrenaline Surge: Upon killing someone, heal 50% of your max health and receive a speed boost for a short duration.
Charisma: Similar to SCP-020's effect, you have a passive aura that will infect nearby players and make them into a Class E after a while. Infected players will not receive Class E abilities. Can be cured with SCP-500. Credit to @Maximino007 for the idea.

Disguise: Take on the appearance of a class of your choice, along with being disguised as a player on that team (if applicable). Taking damage will not remove the disguise. (Works similar to how the Spy's Disguise Kit from TF2 works.)

Cloak: Become invisible for a few seconds, Un-equipping the tool will remove the invisibility, but damage will not remove the cloak. Passive abilities will still activate while cloaking.

Body Swap: Click on a target to switch places with them. Both you and the target will become invulnerable for 1 second to accommodate this.

Blink: Move forward a short distance. Can be used to move through doors & gates.

Portable Upgrader: Click on a keycard on the ground to upgrade it to the next tier, or click on a weapon / ammo pack to swap it between a different weapon in this order: Pistol > SMG > Rifle > Pistol

Kill Clock: You must kill at least 1 person every 3 minutes, or else you will begin to bleed out until you die. Killing someone will reset the timer back to 3 minutes.

Diseased: Receive a random negative, non-fatal disease from SCP-1025 at the start of the round.

Caustic Flesh: Upon receiving damage, you are burned for 2-10 seconds, depending on how much damage you received. While burning, you take 2 damage every second. Does not stack.

Crippled: You do not receive a passive ability or active ability for this round.

While there could be more added, I do at least hope this makes the class more interesting and adds a bunch of flexibility in what could be added or changed, but this would also require a lot of scripting to do just for one class.

Edited by The1337Gh0st
more content + fix typo

Achievements

Really solid suggestion. This is one of the examples of RNG done right as the game could be very different each time but still be fun. Not a fan of the invincibility one tho, giving a class with a gun invincibility is not fun to fight against. Class E are an entire new team, they should be given a lot of depth to them. 

Overall 

+1

Undying could probably have a duration nerf or not have healing / have its healing reduced, yeah. I envisioned it as being an "all or nothing" kind of ability. I also didn't add specifics to what I wanted the duration of the abilities to be since it's ultimately up to the server mangers though to balance it to their liking.

Achievements

Untouchable is where you're invulnerable for a brief period of time (around maybe 1 second), then you're vulnerable. Enough so that you could dodge something like a 682 attack, but still be hit by something like automatic weapons. It could be nerfed though to where the first hit will count so that it doesn't make something like SCP-011 useless.

Achievements

+1 this already has been added, but I just wanted to say the black guy supports, and thats what matters.