TTTakumi

How can I Upload my own skin

Posted  Edited by lce

You cannot upload your own skins to the server (assuming you are talking about custom player model skins), as that would require everyone that joins to have an increased download time for a skin that only one person would use.

However, what you can do is manually add the skins in your own CSGO, replacing the GFL models with custom ones. Simply pick a model on gfl you want to replace, such as the masterchief. Then, replace the files for the model with your own custom ones, making sure that you rename your model's files to exactly the same as the ones you replaced (only rename the model files, not the materials files). Now, the next time you join the server, CSGO will show your models instead of the default GFL ones.

Edited by lce

52 minutes ago, lce said:

You cannot upload your own skins to the server (assuming you are talking about custom player model skins), as that would require everyone that joins to have an increased download time for a skin that only one person would use.

However, what you can do is manually add the skins in your own CSGO, replacing the GFL models with custom ones. Simply pick a model on gfl you want to replace, such as the masterchief. Then, replace the files for the model with your own custom ones, making sure that you rename your model's files to exactly the same as the ones you replaced (only rename the model files, not the materials files). Now, the next time you join the server, CSGO will show your models instead of the default GFL ones.

and it must only work for GFL, so you better stick around :lenny: 

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

16 hours ago, lce said:

This. However if its your own model, not one from a different server, you have to put the material files into your directory too. And you might have to compile it yourself too. When i did testing in the past, you seem to either have to go to a server with the skin to get it to work or compile yourself. Its some sort of extra data requirement.

8 hours ago, gkuo88 said:

这个。但是,如果它是您自己的模型,而不是来自其他服务器的模型,则也必须将材料文件放入目录中。而且您可能也必须自己编译。过去,当我进行测试时,您似乎不得不带着皮肤去服务器才能正常工作或自行编译。它是某种额外的数据需求。

How to put the material file in the directory and put it there? I am a computer idiot. I see many people have skins that no one else has, such as Naruto.

On 2020/10/15 at PM11点31分, lce said:

您不能将自己的皮肤上传到服务器(假设您正在谈论自定义播放器模型皮肤),因为这将要求所有加入的人都增加只有一个人会使用的皮肤的下载时间。

但是,您可以做的是在您自己的CSGO中手动添加外观,用自定义外观替换GFL模型。只需选择一个模型GFL要替换,如masterchief。然后,用您自己的自定义文件替换模型文件,确保将模型文件重命名为与替换文件完全相同(仅重命名模型文件,而不重命名材料文件)。现在,下次您加入服务器时,CSGO将显示您的模型,而不是默认的GFL模型。

How to put the material file in the directory and put it there? I am a computer idiot. I see many people have skins that no one else has, such as Naruto.

Note that any changes you make are client side only. You can turn your own skin into naruto, but no one else can see it.

The path to the materials directory is:

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\materials

You only need to upload material files if you are adding a new skin. (a skin you have downloaded from the internet, rather than downloading from another server)

However if you are trying to use Naruto, that means you have already have gone to a server with Naruto and you have both the model and material files. There is no need for you to put the material files in the directory because you already have them.

You just need to change the modelfiles. I don't have the naruto model files so I dont know what is the correct file names

1.  Look in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\models\player\custom_player 

for the naruto model files. ("naruto".dx90, "naruto".mdl, "naruto".phy, "naruto".vvd) ?????

2. Go to say Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\models\player\custom_player\legacy\GFLclan\mcwhite

for the master cheif files. Copy naruto files into this folder.

3. Delete old master cheif files or back them up. ("mcwhite".dx90, "mcwhite".mdl, "mcwhite".phy, "mcwhite".vvd)

4. Rename naruto files to mcwhite 

5. Dont touch the materials because they have already been downloaded to your computer.

6. Master chief on GFL should now look like naruto