Joshy

Reaction Limit

What do you guys think of the reaction limit?  I personally don't agree with it.  I think in the rare case that someone is abusing the reaction limits, then they can be taken care of... let people like all the post they want if they like it.

If not that, then is there a way to increase the number based on the time online?  I would imagine a limit of say for instance 10 posts might be tremendous number for someone who is on for like 5-10 minutes versus an active member browsing the forums for hours and liking a few threads they've stumbled upon.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

The limit of 12 is more than enough, imo. It also saves me the headache of having to remove reputation when someone fucks around and rep abuses.

It's a pragmatic change, if removing reputation were easier and not only doable by me, I'd remove the restriction. As a side effect of the limit, I like the fact reputation is now rarer too (as if 12 per day is "rare"... it's a lot).

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Would it be possible to get more people who can undo the bad reps?  Maybe forum mods or next Mod TL?  That might help minimize the problem and still let people enjoy the features on the forums.  I felt like I've heard a few people suggest that they might like the limit although I admit I can't think of their names off the top of my head.  Maybe they'll poke out with this thread?  I haven't tried undoing the reps but it looks like there is an editing button I haven't dared touch yet.

Is it possible to do it by time online increase their limit if they are on longer or do something like .timely where it refreshes every few hours?

I'd like to push on this because I think features like this actually enhance people experience on the forums and means a lot to them.  I think the psychology of a like is very similar to what works on social media like Facebook.  People really like it and gets them sticking around posting more.  I'd aim to be introducing more features the forums rather than taking it away.  Plus even if someone got a few extra likes 5 or 6 boo hoo what harm is done there?  We already took away the other reps and I felt like other people were not too thrilled about that.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152