Finnick

VLC Media player [SOLVED]

Posted  Edited by Finnick

So I recently got VLC Media player (since Windows 10 doesn't have Windows Media Player)

I have recently bought a movie that recently came out on DVD + Blu Ray ( I got DVD if it matters)

Anyways, When i played the movie on VLC, it would most often freeze and play the audio, but then it would pause and skip a bit farther than it originally was on. (example: would skip from 1 minute into the movie, to- 1:20 seconds in the movie)

I have looked on many different VLC forum sites for help, and all it tells me is to raise the Cache ms to 1000

I did that in the Codecs on the preferences of it, and still does it.

Could someone please explain this to me. It's very annoying having to watch a movie and it skipping every minute or so..

EDIT- I don't know jack shit of VLC, so please don't criticize me about it

a14c883219df8af14779de8f0ae31aa9.png62d8608631410aa73861021be8866c92.png

Edited by Finnick

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

Vlc is not a good platform for DVDs and such in my opinion, I had that issue all the time so I gave up on it, Windows 10 does have media player it's just not "installed" try typing windows media player in your start menu, it should pop up and once you start the software it will walk you through the setup like always 

Achievements

So I noticed something, thinking it's not too important.

In the movie I'm watching, it freezes and skips at the EXACT SAME SCENES (or parts) 

I also reset my Prefrences and I can't find where this Hardware manager is, I'm in windows 10, only thing that closely resembles hardware manager is Device manager.

(that's most likely what it is)

I'm ripping my fucking hair out because of this fucking shit.

I'm getting so annoyed with it, and I can't cope with it pausing at the best parts..

To see my CPU, it's in my about me.

GPU: GeForce GTX 750 
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) 15-4460 CPU @ 3.2GHz 
Memory: 8 GB RAM 
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 
Windows 10 

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Scar

I got some help from Floopyhiggle, he suggested I downloaded MPC-HC video player, and it works very smoothly.

Thanks for all the help everyone, here I go, starting my Disney movie collection  Image result for lenny ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Scar

Achievements