HowIRageotic

Horror Movies!

What was the first horror movie you have ever seen? Is that one your favorite or do you have another one? Tell me about it 😄

The first horror movie I ever saw (I was pretty young, maybe 5 or 6) was "Snakes on a Plane". The title is pretty self-explanatory, but basically, there are a bunch of deadly snakes loose on a plane full of passengers. The passengers have to survive the remainder of the plane trip and land to get the anti-venom/escape the snakes.

Even as someone who has a hard time sitting through the horror genre, the one I am most intrigued by is called "Ouija". The plot of that movie is a group of people using a Ouija board to connect with the dead spirits in their house and it goes horribly wrong.

Spoiler

Image result for snakes on a plane

Image result for ouija movie

Oh, gosh... that is hard to remember.  It may have been Poltergeist or Child's Play 3...  maybe they weren't the first, but probably earliest ones I can recall that spooked me when I was little.  They're classics so I'd be really surprised if people haven't heard of them.  My parents don't usually like horror movies, but they had that one for some reason.  We never had Child's Play 3, but we use to travel a lot as kids and would watch movies at the hotel often.  I'm pretty sure I saw that one while at a hotel, but don't recall exactly when.  I couldn't even remember which Child's Play it was I had to look up the death, which was the man crushed by the garbage truck.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

When I was 8-10, my friends and I would have sleepovers and we'd watch the scariest movies we could. I think the first ones we started with were Saw LOL. Probably not something we should have seen at that age. It was fun though. 

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Roy - Edit Reason: I can't read this morning at all and thought it stated share your favorite horror movies. FML

The first would probably be The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It was the first R-rated movie I've watched and I remember my mom freaking out on me at one point because I told her it wouldn't be too bad lmao. I probably watched it when I was 11 or so.

Just wanted to note some other horror movies for horror fans I enjoyed as well. The Conjuring and a few others by the same director I believe like Insidious are my favorite and I miss watching them with my HS friend years ago!

More recently I watched a movie on Netflix called "Don't Listen" and while it is in another language, it still scared the hell out of me personally and had a lot of unexpected twists in my opinion. I'd suggest horror fans to watch it!

Other than that, a couple others I remember being pretty scary are The Autopsy of Jane Doe and Last Shift.

Edited by Roy
I can't read this morning at all and thought it stated share your favorite horror movies. FML

First one I have seen, I don't really remember. Probably something that was on TV. 

My favorite is probably Scream because the story is pretty interesting and the costume is unique. Even the original movie poster is striking and scary. Also, Scary Movie 1 based their story around a Scream parody and it was hilarious. 

Image result for scream movie poster

jitticus

Posted  Edited by Bufo

Yeaaaa Um... My first horror movie was THE CONJURING 2 

Very Very scary for a first Scary Movie.

th.jpg.50c252bb411857b03500ef289b16cc02.jpg

Edited by Bufo

I don't usually watch horror movies, but my favorite one would probably be Us. Had a very interesting and detailed plot that to this day I feel I didn't fully understand but nonetheless it was still very good.

Image result for Us (2019 film)

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Roy - Edit Reason: It's The Haunting of Hill House ya bald betch

My old friend showed me this movie but it’s called 

“The Haunting of Hill House”

it was pretty good

Also @Roy and I watch a bunch of horror movies, all were pretty good tbh. forget the names but 

Edited by Roy
It's The Haunting of Hill House ya bald betch

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

Just now, JGuary55 said:

My old friend showed me this movie but it’s called 

“haunted by hill house”

it was pretty good

@Roy and I watch a bunch of horror movies, all were pretty good tbh. forget the names but 

I wanted to mention this as well, but it's a show. I never thought I'd enjoy a "horror" show, but this one was really really good and I can't wait until the new season!

i’ve watched horror movies since i was young! i don’t remember the first one, but my favorite horror movie has to be residents evil. Anyone of them. They were all fantastic movies.

Lonely_Custom_Signature.thumb.png.e3f3797f20e8a645d2868dcc5d2513e7.png

Signature made by @Clavers Living legend ❤️

Growing up i was too scared to watch any horror movies but the first one I watched was the conjuring. An extremely popular horror movie

im sure any horror fans have heard of. Plus with it being based off a real story it makes it even scarier.

My favorite however is "before i wake" a netflix original horror movie about a kid whos dreams AND nightmares come to life. It has an amazing

story and one of the best endings that ties up all loose ends. I suggest watching it if you like amore story based horror.

Hisoka bruh.gif