Vanya

Event #253 -- CS:S ZE's Double-Trouble Halloween Event!

Posted  Edited by Vanya

Event Overview:

Boo everyone!

It's that time of the year once again and GFL CS:S ZE won't be falling behind for the season! Just like last year the only "usual" map you'll see during this event will be Halloween House because, let's be real, how do we not play Halloween House during Halloween? I remember asking Soft Serve many times to port that map so we could all enjoy it! Not that he did it because I asked but we should be thankful about it!

You may be looking at the maplist and think to yourself well the Saturday maps don't seem very Halloweenish again, what gives? That is because here in GFL CS:S ZE we believe in variety of the maps we play (and also, more realistically, to avoid repetition with other servers in case we somehow pick the same maps). This year we've picked a mix of both quick and simple maps as well as tryhard ones so that everyone can have something to look after (as well as rare underplayed maps, because those are special too!), the settings we will play these maps with also allows us to pick different maps and have them appear real spooky!

For this event we'll be playing:

Server IP:

• 92.119.148.14:27015
  • steam://connect/92.119.148.14:27015

Days and times for the event:

• Friday October 29th @ 4:00PM CDT.
  • Saturday October 30th @ 4:00PM CDT.
To check at which time the event is for you, check this website to give you an idea.
PLEASE REFER TO THE TIME LISTED IN THE STEAM GROUP AS THE ABSOLUTE TIME AT WHICH THE EVENT STARTS!
Notice:

Special Kickers:

• Just like last year, all maps to be played on Saturday will be played with a super dense fog setting and scarier music to enhance the festive season!

• Maps to be played on Friday will be played normally.

• Meatropolis won't have any music changes and Normal Mode will be played to make it easier on everyone.

VIP Rewards: 

tl;dr come play, win prizes for just being here, boo!

Before we start, it is imperative that I remind players of this event that V.I.P. EARNED FROM THIS EVENT WILL ONLY APPLY FOR THIS SERVER, ANY V.I.P. EARNED DURING THIS EVENT IS ONLY APPLICABLE WITHIN THIS SERVER AND IT WON'T BE USEABLE ELSEWHERE WITHIN GFLCLAN, REWARDS EARNED WILL NOT STACK WITH OTHER REWARDS, AND YOUR HIGHEST REWARD WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY.

This being said, this means that in CS:S ZE everyone is a winner in big events like this! That's why once again we will be rewarding both winners and participants of the event!

• Rewards for just participating:
    • In order to be counted as a participant of the map you must be in the server the moment one the map is beaten. If a map is not beaten then participants will be counted the moment server starts changing map.
    • Participants of 5 maps will earn V.I.P. until November 6th, 2021
    • Participants of 7 maps will earn V.I.P. until November 20th, 2021
    • Participants of all 10 maps will earn V.I.P. until November 27th, 2021 and a role (predefined) in our Discord server!
  • Rewards for beating maps:
    • Since Retribution is a map where it is expected to have a few rounds be played, winners will be counted everytime a round ends (provided there's at least one CT alive if timer runs out), doesn't matter how many times you win Retribution though, if you appear more than once in the winners list then you will be counted only one time, but this means that we'll be counting participants more than one time too! (But if you appear more than once in the participants list, then you will only be counted one time).
    • Winners of 4 maps will earn V.I.P. until November 20th, 2021
    • Winners of 7 maps will earn V.I.P. until December 25th, 2021 and a role (predefined) in our Discord server!
    • Winners of 9-10 maps will earn V.I.P. until January 15th, 2022 and a role they can fully customize* (name, color) in our Discord server!
    • * = Some restrictions on naming the role may apply.

Bonus:

• As a bonus and to encourage extra participation, was there a map you couldn't make it to and want to have participated (or beaten) all 10 event maps? If there's any maps that need to be tested once the event maps are over we'll also be taking those into consideration for the participant / winner prize pool!
  • How does that work then? For this example let's say there's maps to be tested:
    • If you participated in all 10 event maps but choose to not participate in these bonus maps, then your 10 participations will be respected and your reward will be the same as described above.
    • If you participated in 7 event maps and want to earn more participations, being there for these map tests will increase your participation count, whether map was beaten legitimately or not! (If a map is not beaten, participation will be counted in the same way as described above).
    • If you won all 10 maps but choose to not participate in these tests, your 10 wins will be respected and your reward will be as described above.
    • If you won 7 maps and win 3 of these map tests (provided the map was beaten legitimately) then your win count will be increased depending on the amount of maps you won during testing!
    • Maybe something in the future for winners of all maps, including those from testing? Try to win all of them for a very unique reward!

Sounds like quite a lot doesn't it? All this means for players of the event is come play! We'll do the hard work for you so you can win rewards!

Rules:
  • This event will be of tryhard but mostly chill nature, micspamming / off-topic is allowed so long as it's not overshadowing / overly spammy.
  • Regular server rules will apply for this event as usual.
  • Sitting in spec unless you're a spectating admin is not allowed.
  • These are the times we'll be spending on each map:
    • Friday:
      • Luigi's Mansion and Crypt will be played for 60 minutes.
      • Retribution will be played for 60 minutes BUT RTV will be enabled after 20 minutes of playtime, so players can choose whether to stay or move on to the next map.
      • Predator will be played for 75 minutes.
      • Silent Hill will be played for 120 minutes.
    • Saturday:
      • Halloween House and Stalker Ultimate will be played for 90 minutes.
      • Interception and Strange Escape will be played for 75 minutes.
      • Meatropolis will be played for 120 minutes.
Leaders:
  • Any willing one.
See you on the weekend, and happy Halloween!
Edited by Vanya

wtf happened to slender? bad event rip gg :lenny:

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

Thank you to everyone who participated in the event!

Throughout the course of next week I'll be counting participants and winners during this event.

Posted  Edited by Vanya

The counts are in!

After much delay with the participants (I sincerely apologize for the delay) I've finally gotten all the winners and participants of this event!

To compensate for the delay, all rewards mentioned have been given an extra week time of V.I.P. (all rewards), and also, one more compensation is on the way:

During the first day of the event I received messages of people who had issues connecting, this was an issue that some GFL servers were having at the time and as a result some people were unable to join until day two. To compensate for this (but also to not punish those who participated on the whole thing) rewards have been adjusted like so:

New Rewards:

Spoiler
  • Rewards for just participating:
    • In order to be counted as a participant of the map you must be in the server the moment one the map is beaten. If a map is not beaten then participants will be counted the moment server starts changing map.
    • Participants of 3 maps will earn V.I.P. until November 13th, 2021
    • Participants of 5 maps will earn V.I.P. until November 27th, 2021
    • Participants of 7 maps will earn V.I.P. until December 4th, 2021 and a role (predefined) in our Discord server!
    • Participants of 11 or all 12 maps will earn V.I.P. until December 25th, 2021 and a role (predefined) in our Discord server!
  • Rewards for beating maps:
    • Winners of 3 maps will earn V.I.P. until November 27th, 2021
    • Winners of 5 maps will earn V.I.P. until January 1st, 2022 and a role (predefined) in our Discord server!
    • Winners of 7 or more maps will earn V.I.P. until January 22nd, 2022 and a role they can fully customize* (name, color) in our Discord server!
    • * = Some restrictions on naming the role may apply.

Winners:

Spoiler

9 - Prizmo

8 - Luke
7 - Sansa
7 - WarpedCakez

6 - j0ueurnul
6 - Soft Serve
6 - matsuki

5 - Kai Master of Poncher
5 - Star
5 - cee anide
5 - Malrang

4 - BOOTYJUICE
4 - Earthquake
4 - Longus Dongus

3 - Lev
3 - Kultakalle2
3 - Alcolo Oasis
3 - Swarf
3 - freak97
3 - 'Rin

3 - Stained Sanity

2 - Uncolorable
2 - Super Weedy
2 - Tank
2 - Pudding!!!
2 - Murda
2 - Archimado
2 - balone
2 - yours truly
2 - Hraesvelgr
2 - Sir Ross
2 - Dingus Dingdong
2 - hestia
2 - Xehanort
2 - koenQAQ
2 - Gangstalicious
2 - qwerpifloom
2 - Shadow Esper
2 - lebron
2 - CaptainWalter
2 - Mleep
2 - Frodo Baggins

1 - Pidr Spruce
1 - Glacius Verglas
1 - Germ
1 - Carlos
1 - friezi
1 - edge squad
1 - Kaka
1 - mad funnyboy perftester
1 - gkuo88
1 - Boten Anna
1 - bluedog
1 - ricca2554
1 - Mesh
1 - WB
1 - Buzz
1 - CPU ._.
1 - Jagermind99
1 - Migza 
1 - Pyrono
1 - notLogi
1 - GS_Bany
1 - SlayerExile
1 - kotya
1 - LenK
1 - Gamesadict
1 - thigh lover
1 - Sticky_bum_bum
1 - Crazy_Jeff
1 - Rice
1 - Mrio
1 - Acolyte
1 - Snow cat
1 - Headsh
1 - thegibbon
1 - Yung Venuz
1 - HERO-412
1 - ()Arcturus(
1 - Bigode
1 - gogomaster24
1 - Silvera
1 - FoxNeo
1 - Sand

Participants:

Spoiler

12 - BOOTYJUICE
12 - Prizmo
12 - Kultakalle2
12 - j0ueurnul
12 - Star
12 - Sansa
12 - Soft Serve
12 - Longus Dongus

12 - Luke
11 - Swarf
11 - Gangstalicious
11 - cee anide
11 - WarpedCakez
11 - matsuki

9 - notLogi
9 - Xehanort

8 - Pudding!!!
8 - Lev
8 - Dingus Dingdong
8 - Earthquake
8 - Malrang

7 - Archimado
7 - yours truly
7 - qwerpifloom
7 - Bigode

6 - Tank
6 - bluedog
6 - Pyrono
6 - Kai Master of Poncher
6 - Hestia
6 - 'Rin
6 - Shadow Esper
6 - Crazy_Jeff
6 - thegibbon

5 - gkuo88
5 - Hraesvelgr
5 - Buzz
5 - CPU ._.
5 - koenQAQ
5 - Gamesadict
5 - Mizz
5 - Sticky_bum_bum
5 - Stained Sanity
5 - Lv. 100 Crobat

4 - Glacius Verglas
4 - (\_N(<{['o']} _ {['o']}>)B_/)y
4 - Mad funnyboy perftester
4 - ricca2554
4 - MOMO
4 - Migza
4 - Yujiro Hanma
4 - CaptainWalter
4 - Mleep
4 - Silvera
4 - Frodo Baggins

3 - Uncolorable
3 - Killthief
3 - Super Weedy
3 - yoshmi
3 - Boten Anna
3 - Alcolo Oasis
3 - M?
3 - freak97
3 - thigh lover
3 - Acolyte
3 - YungVenuz
3 - lebron

2 - Fat Ass POS
2 - Pidr Spruce
2 - friezi
2 - edge squad
2 - SSsuperslayer25
2 - |ockstan
2 - PlayB
2 - Kiku-san
2 - Mesh
2 - WB
2 - Murda.
2 - Sir Ross
2 - Devoth
2 - Brap
2 - Mrio
2 - HERO-412
2 - ()Arcturus(
2 - jaek
2 - gogomaster24
2 - Vhal
2 - Sand
1 - N.O.V.A
1 - Carlos
1 - vac
1 - RexKitsune
1 - Sato
1 - vyrtua ryzen PRO
1 - Squirrelcity
1 - SALAZAR
1 - Germ
1 - bosch
1 - Hoffman
1 - Verlais
1 - bamikAboomb
1 - Pikapchku
1 - Harraga
1 - Kaka
1 - Nostar
1 - Trooper
1 - 20$ and I squirt on you with fe
1 - sito
1 - IH2p18
1 - mAk
1 - Bane
1 - Wockeez
1 - Izumi
1 - Syrup
1 - Phong
1 - ACIL
1 - de_nuke knife's knife
1 - Jagermind99
1 - Friend
1 - Voldetony
1 - enderyuyi sama
1 - GS_Bany
1 - twolf
1 - SlayerExile
1 - kotya
1 - LenK
1 - Ness
1 - te
1 - BAAALEX
1 - Everlast
1 - Jake From State Farm
1 - Realitysucks
1 - iTzGiovaMC
1 - Ismair
1 - Rice
1 - Clyde
1 - Snow cat
1 - Fisher
1 - Headsh
1 - Razor_47
1 - Necroshader
1 - Kalyan
1 - michael
1 - cherry.
1 - Solid Snake
1 - hoover
1 - cron
1 - ACKNESS
1 - purpleguy_310
1 - krzzz
1 - hEl Sunstrider
1 - Running With Scissors
1 - Azer
1 - The_Agressor
1 - FoxNeo
1 - -={Chronic}=-Pepsi  Cola.o7  
1 - SquarePants AssassiN
1 - Fake Ninja
1 - FredXIII

To everyone else:

Thank you for participating, and be on the lookout for the Christmas event, as always, there's rewards to be won by just participating! Game on!

If you feel like something doesn't add on or I counted your stats wrong, feel free to post in this thread and we'll take a look at it together.

Edited by Vanya