CNe7532294

CASTRO IS DEAD

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

Posted  Edited by CNe7532294
5 hours ago, Rcool64 said:

Half the internet is mourning for his loss 

My Cuban friend and coworker would have some choice words with half the internet then. This is coming from someone who was former Cuban Army but "recently" (mid to late 2000s) basically defected via Mexico City --> Houston. Friends from Miami would too. Personally myself I ask why? Even though I'm not Cuban, am just as happy. There is proof the guy killed his own people (thousands if not millions) to maintain his power. As a former Floridian it's painful to watch people cross by water. 90 miles may not seem like much but it is very bad in very calm weather. The gulf stream water current is more than powerful enough to blow a rich person's loaded yacht off course and into the Atlantic if not careful. Imagine an over occupied makeshift boat, little to no food and drinkable water, hot sun and surrounded by essentially salt to drink. I can't support or give any respect for someone killing his own people to scaring his own people like that.

He alone is not to only blame either. There are lessons to be learned from this on America's end too. For starters our foreign policy sucks if it already wasn't obvious enough for us who survived the Meddle East. I could talk about why it sucks but I'd write a bible on it. To summarize, supporting Batista was a bad idea and the embargo did nothing but make Cubans suffer even more.

Edited by CNe7532294

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri