Liloz01

Forum Points & Ranks

If you're curious, the (not banned) "user" with the most points is actually... GFLBot.

image.png

I need to make it so that GFLBot can't get points. In fact, I'm going to make a group that sets points to 0 permanently; and that group will also be given to people who break rules to try and get more points (reputation abuse, for example). The 0 points of shame.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

Can we keep the reputation with the points like it is now?  I like having both 😛 

I may keep both displayed. I may make it a setting where people can decide what they see in author panels, just as people can decide to hide all signatures, or awards (kind of, that one is a little busted right now). By default I may leave everything turned on then leave it up to the user.

I like allowing individuals to choose, but, at the same time can't be having too much bloat!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curios: why are they represented / called Lemon Points? I feel like pulling a Celeste and using Strawberries would be much cooler 😎

Has it been considered to change the icon based on how many points one has? Start off with Lemons, once you reach 10k use limes, 25k pineapples, 50k strawberries, etc?

Looking forward to seeing how this system is fleshed out.

On 9/7/2022 at 2:20 AM, MSWS said:

I'm curios: why are they represented / called Lemon Points? I feel like pulling a Celeste and using Strawberries would be much cooler 😎

Has it been considered to change the icon based on how many points one has? Start off with Lemons, once you reach 10k use limes, 25k pineapples, 50k strawberries, etc?

Looking forward to seeing how this system is fleshed out.

I named them Lemon points for now as it's very easy for me to ctrl+f "lemon" in IPS' template editor and VSCode. Also because it's a bit of fun. Once I'm done being silly, they're just going to be called "Forum Points". I do not plan on naming points different things dependant on how many a user has, instead giving them ranks dependant on how many the user has.

The default rank system is: Newbie -> Rookie -> Apprentice -> Explorer -> Enthusiast -> Collaborator - > Community Regular -> Rising Star -> Proficient -> Mentor -> Veteran -> Grand Master. I might just steal that while changing up the amount of points required at each stage as well as the graphics. Ranks... as with most new things... are a little busted right now though due to our messy setup.

• Liloz01 changed the title to Forum Points
  • 1 month later...

Threw together this quick (and shitty) page that shows (rough) numbers of people with certain milestones, and all the milestones that exist.

https://gflclan.com/milestones/

• Liloz01 changed the title to Forum Points & Ranks
  • 10 months later...