PopcornGoesPopping

Stepping down from Server Manager & Server Staff from GFL Hide N Seek on 12/30/23. (Resignation)

Posted  Edited by PopcornGoesPopping

Good evening, I first want to thank everyone who is reading this post and I hope everybody's Christmas went fabulous, full of celebration and joy with family, friends, and love ones! I want to make a topic post about my resignation as Server Manager and staff from Garry's Mod GFL Hide N Seek. The main reason why I decided to resign is because I want to enjoy and focus more in college since my next semester classes will be more of a challenge as I keep proceeding further ahead in college *In a great and exciting way* (I will be busy again once college starts after Christmas break, which ends on Jan 8th), I also want to start playing other games that's outside of Garry's Mod (which it's one of the main games that I truly enjoy playing, but I want to move on to other games that I haven't played for sometime). Secondly, I want to focus and explore more opportunities in life because covid is no longer of a severe danger compared to the last three previous years and I'm half way through college so I want to enjoy college life as much as I can before I will be graduating in the beginning of 2025. 

It's been such an remarkable and fun journey of being server staff and Manager of GFL Hide N Seek since I applied to admin back in March of 2020 and climbed up to all the roles from trial admin to server manager on the server with pride and building experience, (I have been playing on the server since August of 2017). GFL Hide N Seek is my favorite Garry's Mod server that I have played by far compared to the other Hide N Seek servers from my eight years of playing Garry's Mod because of the spectacular and charming community. For that reason, I have met and became friends with so many incredible players over the years on the server that I surely will not forget all the fun and memorable moments on the server (even when the server got a little wild at times lol). I want to appreciate and thank everybody who I know along the way of the extraordinary journey and became great friends because of the amazing server by having fun & creating tremendous memories that will forever be cherished and reflecting for the time ahead. 

I want to say a tremendous thanks to @Brotherwolf for choosing me to become server manager after he resigned back in last May, which Wuffy was such a magnificent server manager to everybody and the server community. And It was truly an huge and terrific privilege of taking your position as the server manager for seven months this year and I have learned so much. My third and last reason why I want to resign is how inactive I was while being busy for periods of times because of heavy amounts of class assignments, reading, and studying (It takes a toll on me from time to time and I feel it's a good and wise decision to resign as server staff to keep my stress to the minimum and focus to the max while continuing doing amazing in college, *I have been doing incredible so far as I'm nearly finishing up my first year of college*). With that being said, college will be busier than how it's been until I graduate, so I decided it's best that I resign and let someone else who's more accessible to lead the way. Therefore, I'm going to hand over the torch to @UNCLE FOFER (Him and I spoke & he's willing step up for manager) because he's an incredible admin who truly enjoys and adores being server staff to GFL Hide Seek since the past few years for himself and he's pretty active on the server when he's available. For that reason, I believe Fofer will do an excellent job as the new server manager of GFL Hide N Seek and that he will do terrific things for the server and overall community for the long-term. 

To conclude my resignation post, it has been such an incredible & proud journey of being a part of the GFL Hide N Seek staff team of volunteering and supporting for the server's community which I truly enjoyed doing since these past few years. I will still be around to play on the server when I have the time because of college and life, but I definitely will stay in touch with the server, community, and friends for time ahead. Thank you so much again for taking your time reading this post and I wish everybody to have a great day/night. Also wish everybody to have a fantastic New Year's coming up, stay awesome and keep on being amazing, ty everybody! ❤️ -PopcornGoesPopping

*My apologies if there's grammer mistakes, I'm sleepy because its late where I'm at and I want to created this post sometime tonight*. 

Edited by PopcornGoesPopping

• PopcornGoesPopping changed the title to Stepping down from Server Manager & Server Staff from GFL Hide N Seek on 12/30/23. (Resignation)

@PopcornGoesPopping thank you for everything! It’s been nothing but good memories with you and I’m so happy that I got to spend this much time with you as part of the staff team and as a person! You are an amazing person and way too fuckin wholesome, keep it up! I wish you the best of luck in college and I know you’ll have a great future life! You have been nothing but great to the server and to me and I really can’t thank you enough. 

Also I’ll never stop being your #1 simp ❤️

-Wuf

-Brotherwolf

Sorry if I've asked a bazillion times but since I'm nosy and a college student too I have to ask: What are you studying?  My classes last quarter were so brutal I have no idea how I passed just generosity from the partial credit gods or professor didn't want me in their class again lol here's your C- please don't come back.  College is definitely so different where you can actually put your all into it and work very hard and smart, and you can still get some tough grades.  I do hope you get to try out more things with your college career I had so much fun trying things like study abroad and I even got to try internships far from home too.

Always tough to lose server managers, but it's for a good cause.  I love that we have so many talented and interesting people on our teams, and I appreciate the time you've put into helping us.  Feels just like yesterday to me (and maybe cause I'm getting so old) I remember showing some Discord Mod stuff and I had never heard of you before, and now you're stepping down from Server Manager.  It's just in a blink of an eye (to me), but I know you've been here for quite a while.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Thank you so much Wuffy! It's such an huge honor working with you when you were admin and manager on the server before you resigned. I'm so grateful that I met you back in 2018 when you joined the server for your first time and we became great and best friends ever since then. It's been awesome Wuffy and I will never forget all of those fun, laughable, and awesome memories that we made on the server, you are such an incredible friend to me and everybody. You keep on being that amazing person and keep on rocking through college for yourself too my best friend!      

Hey Joshy, are you perfectly fine, no worries lol! I'm studying Computer Programming in Computer Technology, (I'm still deciding what exactly I want to do, but definitely either web developer or software developer). I just completed my third semester *Fall Semester* of technical college so far, (I earned 37 credits and 31 more to go! *Full-Time student*). In the third semester I took four courses which were Intro Java Programming, Public Speaking, Data Communication, and Internet Programming. They were incredible and fun classes to have but they were busy at periods of time, I nailed through the term just fine. I truly enjoyed taking those courses (Which I did fantastic), and looking forward starting my fourth/String semester once Christmas break ends! 

You truly got super lucky Josh, wow! Completing with a C- is far better than failing and starting the course again. Some professors would really be like that and the important thing is keep on doing the hard-work, do your assignments ahead of time, and study solidly on review notes & study guides. If you do just that then you will be fine! If not, always ask for help because you want to do great and succeed on every assignment, test, and project much as possible (It's perfectly normal to have a few stumbles at times, but always make sure to catch yourself to maintain that A or B grade in your class overall). College is truly different indeed but also similar to high school, as long as you have a healthy time management habit and be ahead of your work, then you will be perfectly fine.

Thank you Josh for your thoughtful post and it was great meeting & talking to you for a few times (Also Wuffy and Venus, thank you guys again!). It's been a great and phenomenal journey working with GFL Hide N Seek and community, so grateful to have that opportunity and it's unfortunate that I have to resign, but I will definitely not go anywhere on the community that's for sure. I hope the next quarter will be better and awesome for you and keep up the excellent and hard work Joshy!