Cliche

Low FPS on high-end laptop

Hey guys.

A couple of days ago I Got myself a new laptop with GTX 1060 and i7 6700HQ which runs at 2.6 GHz. Surprisingly my FPS on GFL ZE are ridiculously low as for that kind of specs I have. On demanding maps, while being in demanding situations my fps drop even to 35. Whereas playing deathmatch mode or matchmaking fps stay above 150 and get up to 250. All the graphics details are set to low and it still sucks. Anyone using similar laptop or a little bit weaker so you can share your experience and observations you may have?

RAM is also an issue for the most parts, the biggest problem is optimization. Those performance issues are from the game itself, i dont think you can do much about it.

On 12/6/2016 at 4:07 AM, Cliche said:

Hey guys.

A couple of days ago I Got myself a new laptop with GTX 1060 and i7 6700HQ which runs at 2.6 GHz. Surprisingly my FPS on GFL ZE are ridiculously low as for that kind of specs I have. On demanding maps, while being in demanding situations my fps drop even to 35. Whereas playing deathmatch mode or matchmaking fps stay above 150 and get up to 250. All the graphics details are set to low and it still sucks. Anyone using similar laptop or a little bit weaker so you can share your experience and observations you may have?

I got (slightly) weaker specs for a laptop (by that I mean weaker video as I do have an i7 too) and yet I still get high frames. I recall there was a time when the server was ridiculously broken some plugins couldn't load (stopsound) and frames would drop down into the low 10s in some high areas. This problem is fixed now. For me, I personally blame server settings and the fact csgo isn't the best optimized at all.

Posted  Edited by Cliche
On 12.12.2016 at 1:26 PM, Telemetry said:

RAM is also an issue for the most parts, the biggest problem is optimization. Those performance issues are from the game itself, i dont think you can do much about it.

Yeah, I'm gonna upgrade RAM soon from 8 GB to 16 but that's not the reason probably as CS:GO is more CPU intensive than GPU.

On 14.12.2016 at 2:14 AM, Hydreigon said:

I got (slightly) weaker specs for a laptop (by that I mean weaker video as I do have an i7 too) and yet I still get high frames. I recall there was a time when the server was ridiculously broken some plugins couldn't load (stopsound) and frames would drop down into the low 10s in some high areas. This problem is fixed now. For me, I personally blame server settings and the fact csgo isn't the best optimized at all.

Can you go into some details, please? Like average FPS on certain maps and fps in crowded places on certain maps. And what CPU exactly have you got?

Edited by Cliche

I had this same problem for gmod and csgo and I asked around and someone told me to delete everything in my lua folder for that game and it worked for me. Another thing I did is if you still have Xbox Dvr on or whatever, that effects my fps so just turn that off by entering your Xbox application on your computer, going to settings, and flip the switch :) 

Excuse my bad English and grammar. idgaf cuz its winter break