AnimaVestra

I Need a Good Gaming Laptop

Posted  Edited by AnimaVestra

I'm Buying a Gaming Laptop:

I need advice on what laptop I should buy. I want this laptop to be a beast. I don't want to buy a tower since I want this thing to be portable. I need a laptop that can do everything. No budget but obviously keep it sane; no $4,000 gold laptops. I'm going to be editing videos, making music, playing many steam games, developing servers, and much more. So, what laptop should I buy? I need a mouse to go with it since obviously I can't play FPS that well with a track pad. I'm open to any brand but I prefer a Windows 7 OS.

Image result for paying money gif

Edited by AnimaVestra

shX5Ymm.png

Stay away from Alienware and Razor!!!!!!!

Check this out: Asus ROG Strix GL502 / Republic of Gamers Laptop (Depending on the custom specs you use)

https://www.amazon.com/GL502VM-G-SYNC-Gaming-Laptop-i7-7700HQ/dp/B01MS14CQH?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ4AK2H6SGGIY7SXQ&tag=hawk-future-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01MS14CQH&ascsubtag=trd-722737615-20

There are some options to what graphics card you want and screen size. Ok price for a pre built but will play all the new games at High Avg settings.

Posted  Edited by Eli

If you use CrusTis suggestion you will need an external 1 TB SSD because it has NO storage(NVM just saw that it comes with an on board one but i suggest getting one anyways.). If your trying to make music You will need lots of ram. If your video editing you will need a good CPU to render with.

Edited by Eli

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

12 hours ago, CrusTi said:

Stay away from Alienware and Razor!!!!!!!

Check this out: Asus ROG Strix GL502 / Republic of Gamers Laptop (Depending on the custom specs you use)

https://www.amazon.com/GL502VM-G-SYNC-Gaming-Laptop-i7-7700HQ/dp/B01MS14CQH?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ4AK2H6SGGIY7SXQ&tag=hawk-future-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01MS14CQH&ascsubtag=trd-722737615-20

There are some options to what graphics card you want and screen size. Ok price for a pre built but will play all the new games at High Avg settings.

I like their most expensive model, but if I buy this am I like set? I want to buy something where I don't have to worry for a while on replacing it. I probably sound like a noob rn but I'm not exactly a "computer expert". A few games I would like to be able to play on the laptop would be games like Arma 3, Civ, Garrys Mod but on high graphics and be able to record to make funny videos with a few friends, and stream games on Twitch. Can the GTX 1070|512GB SSD+1TB HDD model work for that?

shX5Ymm.png

36 minutes ago, AnimaVestra said:

I like their most expensive model, but if I buy this am I like set? I want to buy something where I don't have to worry for a while on replacing it. I probably sound like a noob rn but I'm not exactly a "computer expert". A few games I would like to be able to play on the laptop would be games like Arma 3, Civ, Garrys Mod but on high graphics and be able to record to make funny videos with a few friends, and stream games on Twitch. Can the GTX 1070|512GB SSD+1TB HDD model work for that?

1070 should be good for recording and stuff as long as you get a laptop with good CPU/GPU and 16GB Ram

Asus Strix GL502VS which has 1070 and 120hz IPS panel with G-Sync. Doesn't thermal throttle.

Would recommend ASUS as they have the most cost efficient gaming laptops imo.

https://www.amazon.com/GL502VS-DS71-G-SYNC-Gaming-Laptop-i7-7700HQ/dp/B01NALTGWN/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1497910089&sr=1-1&keywords=Asus+Strix+GL502VS

The other 17.3" isn't needed as they're are charging you nearly $400 more for a bigger SSD and a larger panel. Which in my opinion isn't needed. 

Posted  Edited by DarkCore

Depends the cash you are gonna pay, example if you're gonna give over 500EUR i would recommend you intel cpu with graphic card max 8GB erm Ram 16GB (once and you'll use it for gaming role) MotherBoard Asus or Gigabyte(It's up to you) GCM(Graphic card model):Nvidia GeForce +

Edited by DarkCore