CNe7532294

HURRICANE Harvey

Posted  Edited by CNe7532294 - Edit Reason: This is now a hurricane. Will rapidly intensify.

Now that I'm on my computer I'm posting this here so others can see it.

Bad weather on the way in Texas.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?cone#contents

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/#page=qpf click 1-7 day total

Anyone living on the Texas coastline here is a heads up. The main threat is gonna be flooding. This post is aimed at getting the attention of those along the Texas coast and inland as well.

This should be taken seriously but not overly hyped. Here is why its serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_Storm_Allison

Currently TS Harvey is forecasted to make landfall on the Texas coast, Afterwards it will stall (almost like TS Allison did) and then head northeast. Keep a close watch on NHC's forecast track and discussion. Stay tuned and stay safe.

Edited by CNe7532294
This is now a hurricane. Will rapidly intensify.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

11 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Dang.  Be safe.  I was living in the Clear Lake area before leaving.

Thanks. Its crazy isn't it? Its good you got out. Lots of people just don't know its scary. This city is more packed than 2001. We had really bad experiences with the Tax day and Memorial Day rain events in the past 2 years. It wasn't pretty. An Allison like rain event would end us for a week or 2. Trucks can't come and deliver supplies to stores. HEB was crazy today. Don't work there but I know someone who does and I went shopping today.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: H-E-B comment
45 minutes ago, CNe7532294 said:

Thanks. Its crazy isn't it? Its good you got out. Lots of people just don't know its scary. This city is more packed than 2001. We had really bad experiences with the Tax day and Memorial Day rain events in the past 2 years. It wasn't pretty. An Allison like rain event would end us for a week or 2. Trucks can't come and deliver supplies to stores. HEB was crazy today. Don't work there but I know someone who does and I went shopping today.

I had heard stories and saw pictures of past events.  They were really drilling us at work although I confess they drill for EVERYTHING.

q1q1o0Y.png

I definitely would have been screwed if I stayed.  I really enjoyed being in the area and was strongly considering to stay, but I was also very homesick.  Now, I'm Houston (and London) sick :( I can't find any spinach enchiladas or kick-ass buffets in my home area.  That Cuisine of India, Chinese Buffet, Mamacitas, Monterey's Little Mexico...  I loved all of those places so much.

H-E-B has such great service!  I was very close to one and that's where I primarily snagged by groceries.  The prices were competitive too and being a vegetarian is cheap ;)  Your friend has to rock!

Edited by Joshy
H-E-B comment

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by CNe7532294 - Edit Reason: Pictures
3 hours ago, Joshy said:

I had heard stories and saw pictures of past events.  They were really drilling us at work although I confess they drill for EVERYTHING.

q1q1o0Y.png

I definitely would have been screwed if I stayed.  I really enjoyed being in the area and was strongly considering to stay, but I was also very homesick.  Now, I'm Houston (and London) sick :( I can't find any spinach enchiladas or kick-ass buffets in my home area.  That Cuisine of India, Chinese Buffet, Mamacitas, Monterey's Little Mexico...  I loved all of those places so much.

H-E-B has such great service!  I was very close to one and that's where I primarily snagged by groceries.  The prices were competitive too and being a vegetarian is cheap ;)  Your friend has to rock!

Its great going out here. But ya hope all goes well. At the TMC they specifically installed "submarine doors" to protect the generators or valuable experiments in the basements. These doors look like something you'd see from a nuclear bunker for VIPs. There's also "drive way" doors that look like a simple white panels as you enter past decorative columns but reveal a "float" underneath when it floods. Physics takes over and the doors lock themselves in by water pressure. They lower when flooding recedes.

Hope it doesn't come to it but this morning we're having an oh shit moment. (weather graph).

Last pic is the "doomsday" door. 1st is for 1st floor. 2nd pic you can see the white panels on the driveway entrance at MD Anderson (where I previously trained and worked). The colorful graph pic tells how much water we will get typically a bad everyday storm is 2-4 inches.

flood-doors700px.jpg

MDACC_Driveway_600x295.jpg

p168i.gif

Superstorm_Vall_t800_h8c55d1d56c52f57dfe56aa70179a95565cac1d73.jpg

Edited by CNe7532294
Pictures

Posted  Edited by SuperFineMan - Edit Reason: Spelling was fkked

My god I miss Houston... idk if people know this of me but I'm born and raised up in Beaumont Texas and or Port Arthur / Sabine Pass. I remember when Katrina hit, i was stayin with my great grandmother and boi was she worried. So we went to dallas but didnt have enough money to stay there for months and months so we begged and pleaded with the people of American Airlines and they did end up sending us to Florida with my mother. I also remember Bobby (my grandmother's bf atm) he stayed behind because he thought it wasn't gonna be bad... His ass was so wrong. During the storm he ended up callin but Sabine Pass is a very small town that's very very close to the gulf. So (mind you this is a log house) the flood waters reached so high that the house ended up washing up in Lake Charles Lousinana with his ass in it. May the bastard rest in piece.... 

After Hurricane Rita House could no longer be found... 

Edited by SuperFineMan
Spelling was fkked

1 hour ago, SuperFineMan said:

My god I miss Houston... idk if people know this of me but I'm born and raised up in Beaumont Texas and or Port Arthur / Sabine Pass. I remember when Katrina hit, i was stayin with my great grandmother and boi was she worried. So we went to dallas but didnt have enough money to stay there for months and months so we begged and pleaded with the people of American Airlines and they did end up sending us to Florida with my mother. I also remember Bobby (my grandmother's bf atm) he stayed behind because he thought it wasn't gonna be bad... His ass was so wrong. During the storm he ended up callin but Sabine Pass is a very small town that's very very close to the gulf. So (mind you this is a log house) the flood waters reached so high that the house ended up washing up in Lake Charles Lousinana with his ass in it. May the bastard rest in piece.... 

After Hurricane Rita House could no longer be found... 

I'm sorry to hear that. Thats crazy. Also are you sure that wasn't Rita or Ike for Bobby? Rita is what "flattened" and wiped Sabine in the same year. Here (Galveston and east) it was Ike nothing but stilts and pilings. East of here like Beaumont flooding was bad enough to raise coffins from their graves (no joke those things do float).

Posted  Edited by SuperFineMan
54 minutes ago, CNe7532294 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Thats crazy. Also are you sure that wasn't Rita or Ike for Bobby? Rita is what "flattened" and wiped Sabine in the same year. Here (Galveston and east) it was Ike nothing but stilts and pilings. East of here like Beaumont flooding was bad enough to raise coffins from their graves (no joke those things do float).

Hhmmm.. i dont remember. i do remember Rita because the next following week Rita hit and everyone in Texas haled ass up north to Oklahoma. Poor New Orleans & Mercedes Benz Superdome... But i do believe that Katrina Swept her house away, then Rita got completely rid of it. And yea i do remember the coffins they were floating in the water. My uncle Roland they had to find him, and his ass was next to the Jack in the Box not too far away far from the cemetery lolz... At least he tried to get his last meal before they put him back in the ground...

Edit: It wasnt ike i do know her house was gone by then.... Another Funny Story: Me and my mother were in Miami to spend some Mother & Son time together at a was either a Disney resort or Nickelodeon resort idr... But yea ike scrapped the coast and i remember their were people out siting down in beach chairs by the seawall during the hurricane and Ike shoulda been a Cat 2 maybe 3 atm.... Love my Floridians 

Edited by SuperFineMan

It has gotten worse.....

p168i.gif

Stay safe if you're in Texas or Louisiana. Pink? or Peach? has never even been used before..... Isolated areas of 35 inches possible. No color in the legend for that.....

16 minutes ago, JK_Ghosty said:

a fast food restaurant is attack texas? 

LOL yes they're going after whataburger and keeping in&out out. :lenny:

Posted  Edited by Bae
4 minutes ago, Rose said:

Luckily, we will barely get hit with anything, yaaaaaaaaaay! (though I kinda wish we got nice rain over here)

It's not really a good thing to be happy that you may not get hit. Usually you'll never know, it'll probably go toward your side. It's always best to be safer than sorry.

I already saw this when I posted about it on shoutbox but no one knows wtf I was saying thought I was on crack. 

All the schools in my area or at least any schools in houston are closed already. So no school for them for the following days till Monday.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Just now, Bae said:

It's not really a good thing to be happy that you may not get hit. Usually you'll never know, it'll probably go toward your side. It's always best to be safer than sorry.

I already saw this when I posted about it on shoutbox but no one knows wtf I was saying thought I was on crack. 

I just want some rain over here, because we are burning up from the heat and humidity. 

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9

@Bae

@Joshy

@Rose

Its gonna be hard to know what happens. Current trend is that it will make landfall in Corpus Christi then just meander/drift/stall in Texas for basically a week. Yes 1 week. Till Sept. or more. So landfall storm surge and winds are not the only thing that needs attention. Rain is a huge factor. You just can't focus on the one spot landfall will happen. Inland cities like San Antonio and Austin are of concern too. HEB distribution is in San Antonio. If those trucks get knocked out or can't come deliver the groceries via the lifelines that are I-10, I-35, or I-37, its a screwed up mess.  I'd say buy canned food and water for 2 weeks. Charge my mobiles and any battery/USB power pack thats rechargeable. This could be worse than Allison because we are now the 3rd most populous city over Chicago. It'll be so easy for things to get overwhelmed. After Texas comes Louisiana. Worst for both states if it drifts back over water south of galveston like some models hinted.

@Crusty lol

@Superfineman to paddle with I guess :lenny:

Posted  Edited by Kite9867

Well shit. Hm I shouldn't be worried about it too much as where I'm at I'll probably just get rain. Can't say the same for the rest of the RGV though. But who knows, shit changes unexpectedly. Good luck to @Bae @Rose @fastspeedgamer and to everyone else who lives in Texas.

Edited by Kite9867

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements