Shuruia

TotalBiscuit is Dead

Posted  Edited by Shuruia

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/24/17392456/totalbiscuit-john-bain-obituary

Besides just being the Twitch "lul" emote, TotalBiscuit was one of the most renowned critics in the video games industry.

He finally succumbed to his cancer, which everyone knew was only a matter of time. Quite a shame, really. I used to watch his YouTube videos regularly.

Edited by Shuruia

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

NO NONONONONONONONONONONONON. This cant be happening right now. I gonna cry. I absolutely love this dude. Watch all of his "WTF is..." videos and read his reviews on games i am interested in. Rest in Peace King of Stream Curator.

Quoting from https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/8lxpcp/who_is_totalbiscuit_and_why_is_reddit_flooded/?sort=top

For those who don't know who TotalBuscuit was, here's a pretty solid statement made by /u/Tijj

He was a World of Warcraft youtuber a long time ago who eventually made his name in game reviewing. He had a popular series called "WTF is..." where he showed the first hour or so and gave a general first impression of games. He pushed for better games journalism and reviewing not based on getting paid by the company, in a time when the big game review sites like gamespot and ign were giving higher reviews to games with ads on their sites.

He was big in many esports as well, owning a team in starcraft 2 at one point. He casted SC2 as well, and made content around league of legends and dota 2 as well as some other games, gaining many fans along the way.

He had a really big fan base across many different gaming communities and a few years ago announced he had cancer and would be starting treatment while continuing to produce content. About a month ago he said he was going dark on the internet because all the trials had failed and he was out of options, with a few months to live. Today he passed.

Honestly I couldn't describe him any better. He will be missed. May he rest in peace.

yeah.gif

Like if you cri every time

Xy~ I don't get dinner at all

Q16ghYOnPY-2.png

Admin on Hide and Seek, Former Operator on Death-run, Former Member Acceptor. 

tumblr_ojxz21XTtb1vnqmpbo1_500.gif