hotEvercLear

Do You Want ZE_AESTHETIC Fixed?

would you like aesthetic back in the nom list if we can fix it?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want ze_aesthetic fixed, yes or no?

• Yes - it is a good map to have in the nom list if we want to tryhard a seldom beaten map
    • No - there are no lasers so I don't care about it

Posted  Edited by hotEvercLear

So as many of you know ze_aesthetic is a map. It is a map many of us "try hards" enjoy, and it has only been beaten by GFL once that I am aware of (i was there, it was glorious... its the final countdown.....). Suddenly the map started crashing randomly as rightly so it was removed from the server nom list. 

Myself, Potti and a few others have been interested in trying to test the map at different times but have not been able to find a time that works for the Server Manager(s) and T3 Admins (RIP Koala). 

My question is, do you as the community want it back or not? If no one cares other than Whim, Myself, Potti, PJ (probably) and a few others, there is no point for me to keep asking the Admins to let us test it (and risking the wrath of Wilford) and log whatever data we can so Potti and others can try and isolate what the issue is with the map / server that is causing the crashes. If people DO want it back, I am happy to keep trying and risk a permagag from

Wilford by asking nicely once or twice a week. 

#AestheticGate2018

Edited by hotEvercLear

On 6/30/2018 at 5:57 AM, hotEvercLear said:

we dont think it is the map itself because it is fine on other servers... we have some theories, but need to test it to zero in on them. 

It has also been removed on PSE, due to server crashes.

Probably some combination of server plugins causes some maps to crash, because such popular maps that are still on GFL as, for instance: ze_biohazard_manor_004_p4, ze_biohazard2_sewer_004_p8, ze_industrial_dejavu_v3_3_1_e2, ze_pizzatime (v6, v9) - had to be removed on PSE as well.