Doomnack

{REVISED ENTRY} SCP-1048: "Builder Bear" (And Co.)

Posted  Edited by Doomnack

image.thumb.png.0c8d252beb9ad4481f8d741c0e006d1a.png

image.thumb.png.56c46491806bd9bb393edcd93ef07111.png

{REVISED ENTRY}

So, if you read the title, you probably noticed these big bold words completely exposed in the title. I originally wrote this suggestion about one month ago. This is a rewrite to improve the standard of the suggestion, and some other fixes.

Oh yeah, here's basically what I said before.

So, some of us might be familiar that SCP-1048-B is in the game. He isn't prominently shown in Site-19, but he appears occasionally in other maps. Sure, it's nice to see new SCPs. When SCP-2845 was added it basically stunned everyone else, mostly because new content is appealing. Site-13, even though not the most visually appealing map right now, is new content, and I appreciate it.

However, quality matters.

SCP-1048-B isn't really fun to play as. You'll notice that, whether you played as him or against him, there's really nothing interesting about him. I mean, sure he's small and fast and nibbles, but that really isn't much. It's your ol' generic monster, nothing really special. It's especially dull when compared to other SCPs like 173 and etc.

(I'm talking about the SCP-1048-B we have right now in the server. The SCP-1048-B I'm going to present is different on its concept.)

Ok, where was I? Oh yeah, teddy bears. Prepare to build your own earbears, and professional murderers made out of keycards. Oh yeah, and have other bears help you do it while you're at it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's all the berenstain bears. Each one and their mechanics will be discussed.

SCP-1048

image.png.0bfba9df4dd49973d0ade0302284b4b2.png

SCP-1048-A

image.png.8152f97002bbd5eeb21255fcbb40ca26.png

SCP-1048-C

image.png.c690a065aa95dd9511518efce594ecae.png

SCP-1048-B

image.png.ddddcacd937d27dcd76a05bc50cd7a4d.png

[REDACTED] (see SCP-1048-B) 

image.png.8a08fdf013364b9c7c12d93c400bb92a.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

image.thumb.png.797c8e929ba8f4535c6d7536ac42a54c.png

YOU ARE SCP-1048

You are a small, cute teddy bear, also known as the "builder bear".

You are skilled in building copies of yourself; you can also heal them.

Scavenge up materials, like keycards or human ears. No need to ask first.

It's quite lonely around here; there's no real company around.

So, why not make some?

Spawn Location(s):

Site-19: Room Right Accross from SCP-049

image.png.aa5a0629f6a8c354dc60da7088b5e3d7.png 

Site-13 (SCP-1730): "Temporary containment Euclide" (Any Vaccant Cell)

image.png.46601877197040794cf096e2bdd668af.png

image.png.a80de2847b4a6e0bab7a7597b659fcfa.png 

(gg typo)

Ingame Mechanics:

Controls:

LMB: On Humans - Steal Ears (Add Ears) - Primary

On Items - Steal (Add Metal) - Primary

RMB: Create Instance - Special

E: Cycle through Instance Creation Options.

(Use Ears) - Create SCP-1048-A

(Use Metal) - Create SCP-1048-C

Stats:

Health: 1500

Attack DMG: 10

Primary Cool Down: 1.5 secs

Special Cool Down: 45 secs

Speed: (Breach) Human Running Speed

Possible Achievements:

Reap what you Sew: Create any instance as SCP-1048. (reference to a wiki tale)

The Architect: Create all instances (A, C, and B) in a single round. (reference to SCP:CB)

SCP-1048 can get points by killing people, but gets most of its points by creating instances.

Description:

SCP-1048 falls under the category of SCPs that can create other SCPs to aid them. It's similar to the "infectious" SCPs like 610 and 049, though not entirely.

Its small hitbox and swift movements can allow it to evade situations that would normally damage 1048. However, watch your health, as it can quickly jump from 1750 to around 500 if you aren't careful.

Your attack isn't really optimal for taking out armed personnel, especially large firing squads of MTF and such. Keep in mind, your speed and hitbox makes you an excellent "hit-and-run" attacker.

SCP-1048 is skilled in self-replication. It can create two different types of instances of itself, and as many of each instance as it desires.

The instances it can create are SCP-1048-A, SCP-1048-C, and SCP-1048-B.

Instance will be created at your precise location by using your SPECIAL, once you have enough of the specified material.

SCP-1048-A requires 8 ears to construct.

SCP-1048-C requires 16 metal to construct.

SCP-1048-B requires 2 flesh to construct.

To gain ears you need to attack humans.

(ouch.)

image.png.b68839e0dc93d13a0107b3088b549e8d.png

To gain metal you need to scavenge for dropped items.

(guns, keycards, tech stuff, etc.)

image.png.67bccb14db4f48aaae3972dd9f8cc367.png

To gain flesh you need to successfully kill humans.

image.png.2f88f6438b3bbfdf1ea1fdec7a0c55df.png 

A random spectator will be chosen to play as the instance created.

image.thumb.png.6969333774804c8d065f4b2f5e770465.png

YOU ARE SCP-1048-A

You have been created by SCP-1048, and are consisted entirely out of human ears.

You are capable of a highly lethal screech, killing those who are around you.

Once your victims are subject to your screech long enough, they will sprout ear-like growths, soon followed by death.

Ingame Mechanics:

Controls:

LMB: Screech - Special

Stats:

Health: 1000

Attack DMG: See Description

Special Cool Down: 15 secs

Speed: (Breach) Human Walking Speed

image.png.543364a096c367720dd7c09c8a34a325.png 

(SCP-1048-A's estimated screech range; Ingame it should be more circular.)

Description:

People who stay in SCP-1048-A's screech range more than 2.5 seconds are inflicted with a deadly ear-growth effect.

This causes them to loose health over a generally-worrying period of time, similar to 106's bleeding effect.

Keep in mind, SCP-1048-A will make its signature earrape sound when screeching, letting you know you might be screwed.

As time passes by, victims will become slower, and progressively more health will be lost.

Eventually, this will lead to the victim's death.

Ear-growth can be cured by SCP-500 consumption, or even by SCP-999's tickles (it has been scientifically proven that tickles help treat ear tumours, well, at least that's what we think).

image.png.257ed0517c69374ba280950eaaa3796c.png

image.thumb.png.a84b28a87e77732aa07af8bc87877f84.png

YOU ARE SCP-1048-C

You have been created by SCP-1048, and are consisted entirely out of discarded, but serraded metals.

Your physical sharpness allows you to efficiently mutilate your victims.

You can lunge and grip onto your victims, allowing for several repeated blows of damage.

Ingame Mechanics:

Controls:

LMB: Attack - Primary

RMB: Lunge (successful lunge results in grip) - Special

Stats:

Attack DMG: {25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, }

Primary Cool Down: 2 secs

Special Cool Down: 4 secs

Speed: (Breach) Human Walking Speed

image.png.9b5e31b9174cd77eab8ec935ace8ea1b.png

image.png.0dcb9412d91072242ea5207bc2c9610c.png

(This is about how far SCP-1048-C's lunge travels. SCP-1048-C travels with his lunge too.)

Description:

Once SCP-1048-C has landed a successful lunge, he will stay attached to his victim.

Within this time, he can land a series of melee attacks for however long he wants.

SCP-1048-C will detach however once the victim has been mauled to death.

If SCP-1048-C is hit by a melee weapon while latched to its victim, it will detach and be stunned for 1 second. This can give the person-being-mauled a chance to evade SCP-1048-C before its too late, if you can react in time or if you even have a melee weapon that is.

Guess this means that melee weapons aren't just for humilating low-health SCPs. It's a teddy bear beating stick.

and now for the last care bear

image.thumb.png.ab51606c840aed0867506aae9ec1b4a1.png

YOU ARE SCP-1048-B

You have been created by SCP-1048, and you look very similar to SCP-1048 as well.

You share several traits akin to SCP-1048. Assist him in creating more instances.

On death you transform into [REDACTED], giving you a small opportunity to engage your targets before you truly die.

Note: in appearance (I don't know if you can manage this but if you can), SCP-1048-B should be covered in a small coat of blood, just to differentiate it a lil' from SCP-1048.

Ingame Mechanics:

Note: I'm only listing the stats that have changed from SCP-1048. The rest of SCP-1048-B's mechanics are shared from SCP-1048.

Stats:

Special Cool Down: 60 secs

Speed: (Breach) Human Walking Speed 

The stats below you affect once you show your "true self".

Ingame Mechanics (of [REDACTED]):

Controls:

LMB: Bite - Primary

Stats:

Health: 500

Attack DMG: 15

Primary Cool Down: 1 sec

Speed: (Breach) Slightly Above Human Running Speed

image.png.30c7fa7c515fcff9ca564b60c50e71f1.png

Description:

SCP-1048-B functions almost identical to SCP-1048. The point of SCP-1048-B is to furthen the mass production of your teddy bear army.

Like SCP-1048, you can produce any instance you want, and how many you need.

Note, the amount of materials you need to build an instance has changed slightly.

SCP-1048-A requires 12 ears to construct.

SCP-1048-C requires 20 metal to construct.

SCP-1048-B requires 3 flesh to construct.

The way you obtain the materials, as well as the way you create the instances is unchanged from SCP-1048.

[REDACTED]'s Description:

On death, you transform into [REDACTED].

After transformation, your ability to build other bears is revoked, and you cannot be healed by SCP-1048.

You also loose health by -5 every second.    

If you don't already know, its a human fetus, eugh.

Your only goal now is to bring down as many people as you can before you expire.

Chase and earn revenge on your enemies from the dead.

image.png.b357be06641d56be64f24b11f3ea16d4.png

Resources:

SCP-1048 & SCP-1048-A: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963664238

In the images, I made SCP-1048-C by "sub-materializing" SCP-1048-A with the texture "models/props_wasteland/quarryobjects01"

SCP-1048-B is just SCP-1048 with blood on it. It's obvious, but SCP-1048 and SCP-1048-B are meant to look similar.

SCP-1048's, "fetus", um, is made by resizing this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171925253

image.png.d527853dec2d0d2bc5245c922ad64876.png

nearly three days in making this suggestion

Well that took a long time. You may be probably wondering.

"Why the hell would you make this so polished and complex? It's just a suggestion, jeez."

Well, um, you see...

shit...

No seriously, I found making all these images and stuff really fun. Just had nothing to do I guess. Also, like I said, I really wanted to polish up this suggestion from its previous state. Now its more comprehensible, and overall, improved.

Thank you if you read the whole thing. Please let me know what you think, feedback is appreciated.

"Thanks, and have fun."

Edited by Doomnack

Really well done suggestion +1

It's unique, and it would be a nice way to add 1048-B back into the server.

The only issue I have with is is 1048's ability to heal his creations. This just sounds too OP since it would essentially allow one the 1048s to do something stupid, lose a bunch of health, and then get healed by 1048 with no repercussions. I would either remove this ability, or make it so the main 1048 has to give up some of his own health to heal the others.

6 minutes ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

Really well done suggestion +1

It's unique, and it would be a nice way to add 1048-B back into the server.

The only issue I have with is is 1048's ability to heal his creations. This just sounds too OP since it would essentially allow one the 1048s to do something stupid, lose a bunch of health, and then get healed by 1048 with no repercussions. I would either remove this ability, or make it so the main 1048 has to give up some of his own health to heal the others.

I was thinking of making SCP-2295 an availible instance to be created by SCP-1048. Then I realized there's not really a model that SCP-2295 could have, and it would probably be op to have a shitton of healers that could heal SCP-1048 and his instances.

Because of that, I decided to integrate SCP-2295 with SCP-1048. Normally, when your playing breach, lets say you are playing as SCP-049, and infect some players. There's a pretty rare chance that the people playing these instances will follow you, as they'll probably wander off to their own business.

So I thought "it must not be op, the instances aren't going to just loiter around SCP-1048 for health, right?"

Well, uh, that's exactly what would happen. Thanks for the hint, I edited the suggestion.

I love your use of graphics throughout. None the less, I am still planning to implement this, but I am currently working on other things.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

1 hour ago, Xy_ said:

I love your use of graphics throughout. None the less, I am still planning to implement this, but I am currently working on other things.

While you're working on site 13, fix that typo he mentioned of the Temporary Euclid containment saying "euclide"

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

• 1 year later...