asdfasdfxcv

Why don't we have boss hud ??????????

Been playing for a while now and idk why don't we have boss hud on it seem to be helpful for some of the map. Sometimes it got turn on by snowy but he just turn it off again. Why don't we have it on the server though :c ? Pls can you turn it on :c

Posted  Edited by sTc
9 hours ago, mikasa said:

agree. even a shit server like zeddy has this. why gfl not?

Zeddy uses a public Boss HUD plugin, probably that one from AntiTeal.

The things I say below are pure speculation from research I got over few months so please correct me if I'm wrong

GFL uses a private boss HUD plugin (from PSE maybe) which is called Boss Rank or B-Rank (?) that is far more extensive than AntiTeal's.
Features for example are a boss HUD with a custom boss name which you can set in the .cfg (more about it below), a ranking system of who inflicted the most damage to the boss and a hitmarker which is really nice.

AntiTeal's Boss HUD is fine, but if you enable it, it will detect every single func_breakable/math_counter/func_physbox. So not only the boss will get a HUD but also i.e breakable doors etc.

GFL's plugin on the other hand works like entWatch. You can actually pick each entity (func_breakable etc.) individually that might belong to a boss and write it down into a .cfg and only those entities will be detected by the boss HUD plugin. That means the actual bosses in the map will get a hitmarker, HUD, damage ranking unlike other unnecessary entities (door, wooden wall, boulder etc.) like above mentioned.

So in fact, we do have Boss HUD on GFL.

The problem now, some .cfg might be outdated like for example ze_dreamin.

ze_dreamin_v2_1, the one before the current version definitely had Boss Rank (hitmarker etc.) and after it got updated to v2_3 it stopped working.
So I assume the .cfg has never been updated for v2_3. That is why some maps have B-Rank and some don't.

I could list way more maps that had Boss Rank working before and stopped working after those got updated.

But back to the topic. I agree on Mercy's suggestion to enable Boss HP etc. globally for all players and not for admins only, but then it would require to update maps with B-Rank configs which neither me nor everyone else outside the management (admins etc.) know how to make.

Edited by sTc

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel

One question I would like to ask. 

Is the community interested in helping us make/update bosshud config? If so, I would gladly enable it. 

We'll be using github btw

Edited by xSnowyAngel

1 hour ago, xSnowyAngel said:

One question I would like to ask. 

Is the community interested in helping us make/update bosshud config? If so, I would gladly enable it. 

We'll be using github btw

I'd be willing to help, but I do have a few questions about making the configs.

• Can you provide the format for making the files as well as a few example configs?
  • Is there a public list of maps you don't have config files yet for us to start on?
  • Do you want us to make our own repository on github and link that to you, or do you already have one that we can fork?
  • Is the plugin publicly available anywhere (and if so where) so that we can test the config files on a private server before uploading them?
  • Do you want us to list minibosses/npcs in the config or just the main bosses of a level?

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel
2 hours ago, lce said:

I'd be willing to help, but I do have a few questions about making the configs.

• Can you provide the format for making the files as well as a few example configs?
  • Is there a public list of maps you don't have config files yet for us to start on?
  • Do you want us to make our own repository on github and link that to you, or do you already have one that we can fork?
  • Is the plugin publicly available anywhere (and if so where) so that we can test the config files on a private server before uploading them?
  • Do you want us to list minibosses/npcs in the config or just the main bosses of a level?

1 - The format comes later, I'm only gathering opinions about this matter first. 

2 - All of the config will be available after this discussion (if the community is willing to help) 

3 - I'll make it, you guys just have to PR

4 - No, unfortunately the plugin is not available. If you have doubts on your config, I can always test it on the test server. 

5 - Main bosses & miniboss should be just fine. There's no need for NPCs in my opinion. 

I'll gather responses and will see how it goes this weekend or sooner. It'll be better if more people can chip in into this matter. 

Edited by xSnowyAngel

3 hours ago, Neon said:

Is that a modified version of Botox BossHP for csgo or something else?

According to SHUFEN (PSE), he and a Chinese ZE server developed this plugin.

The Chinese ZE server SHUFEN mentioned could be 93x.net because their repository have some interesting files which could be some Boss Rank configs.

Posted  Edited by Neon
4 hours ago, sTc said:

The Chinese ZE server SHUFEN mentioned could be 93x.net because their repository have some interesting files which could be some Boss Rank configs.

I dont trust SUFEN`s words when it comes to where he got his codes from...

If its Botox code, I could provide the cfgs for CSS maps, which should be good for all ports.

Edited by Neon

4 hours ago, Lv100Crobat said:

Does that mean that not all the plugins run the same boss_hp_config?

most servers use a public plugin which just shows the hp of a breakable when you shoot it

pse use a custom one only for bosses

On 4/30/2019 at 11:09 AM, sTc said:

It's actually PSE and ZED since the boss hp plugin used by 93x is completely shit and that community is shit for all of other reasons that I don't want to go into. And yes I think we've got enuf people helping writing the cfgs?