Mad_Father

PSA: Please do NOT use the new dice plugin

Please do NOT use the new dice plugin because it will cause a crash on server, the probability to get the bugged reward/punishment on is unknown.

before you post:
THIS ONLY APPLIES TO NA SURF RPG DM

Thank you.

PLACE HOLDER

3 minutes ago, Mad_Father said:

Please do NOT use the new dice plugin because it will cause a crash on server, the probability to get the bugged reward/punishment on is unknown.

before you post:
THIS ONLY APPLIES TO NA SURF RPG DM

Thank you.

If you can figure out what the glitched roll is. I am pretty sure you could remove that from the rolls. Maybe make the roll blank with some text.

Achievements

1 hour ago, rapperdan said:

If you can figure out what the glitched roll is. I am pretty sure you could remove that from the rolls. Maybe make the roll blank with some text.

I do not think that will be possible because the effect was executed first before the dice message.

PLACE HOLDER

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
5 minutes ago, Mad_Father said:

I do not think that will be possible because the effect was executed first before the dice message.

It will most likely be in the server logs.

So if you know the time of the crash you report the exact time of the crash then from there they look through the logs and they find the number that was rolled.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

I have disabled the plugin (ata_rollthedice.smx) on CS:GO Surf RPG DM (US). When I get the time, I will test the plugin on my test server (e.g. keep rolling the dice until I find the roll crashing the server).

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure I found the issue. However, to ensure this is the issue, I will have to shut down the server and download the console.log file (I will do this when the server empties out).

The issue is simply the "give weapon" roll giving weapons from CS:S which causes a crash in CS:GO. This is also why it wouldn't crash often (chances of getting the roll and getting a CS:S weapon is rare).

Thanks.

Update

I've added back the RTD plugin. The issue was in fact the plugin giving "CS:S" weapons. For some reason, giving CS:S weapons causes a server crash in CS:GO. As far as I am aware, the CS:S weapons were never fully removed from CS:GO.

With that said, since giving guns with RTD is useless (we already have the "guns" menu), I decided to add grenades only.

Server Crash:

Error reading weapon data file for: weapon_m3
..\..\game\shared\cstrike15\weapon_csbase.cpp (1303) : Weapon '' script file not found, but its data was accessed. This error is fatal.

Fatal assert failed: ..\..\game\shared\cstrike15\weapon_csbase.cpp, line 1303.  Application exiting

RTD items to give (grenades only):

• Decoy (weapon_decoy).
  • Flash Bang (weapon_flashbang).
  • HE Grenade (weapon_hegrenade).
  • Incendiary Grenade (weapon_incgrenade).
  • Molotov (weapon_molotov).
  • Smoke Grenade (weapon_smokegrenade).

Please report any more issues to @Thomasdavid097!

Thanks.