-1 Shit goodbye, no effort, doesn't even follow the format.

You're supposed to start off with a sad opening, then complain about stuff on the server, mention your busy schedule / addiction / boredom, say some gay shit about the staff on here, THEN leave.

Unacceptable. Just lock it.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

QieICm4iRd6R572F6QZmzQ.png

qIbaita.gif

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: preference: used the word "which" too many times
10 hours ago, Severely_Artistic said:

You're supposed to start off with a sad opening, then complain about stuff on the server, mention your busy schedule / addiction / boredom, say some gay shit about the staff on here, THEN leave.

I know you're just joking, but take a look at the CS:S division ::|: we might be saying goodbye to it soon.  Some of the other players aren't even making a goodbye thread (these silent ones are the worst in terms of the community wanting to recover).  Among the many broken record preaching things I say... listening to the ones who are upset and complain is extremely valuable for the community.  I've posted this phrase before, but I'll share it again:

"A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends." - Baltasar Gracian

It's meaning, in this context, that you already think and like the things of people who already like you (their love is almost unconditional), and they're not going to tell you anything bad; the others will be the first to jump on the problems, share a unique perspective for you to choose from, which gives leadership the opportunity to respond, resolve or innovate.  I know one of the more recent announcements was front-loading a grim future for CS:S, but I disagree with the reasons it inferred.  CS:S is definitely dying, but many decisions had a pronounced correlation with the population as loyal players openly responded on the forums, and this decay is far more rapid after such decisions compared to CS:S overall.

Even if we were to stipulate that CS:S dying is the main cause, then there's another phrase I've posted up before, which I believe would be helpful for consideration:

"Take away my people, but leave my factories, and soon grass will grow on the factory ... but leave my people, and soon we will have a new and better factory." - Andrew Carnegie

People got mad at me for complaining about TF2's forum activity (behind the scenes).  They may have not liked it, but truth be told: A game or mode can die and people can still stay with the community.  A game like CS:S could easily vanish, but have no effect on the clan.  How?  Players can stay on the forums, enjoy many other games or modes, or be prepared for a recovery (we did temporarily lose CS:S Surf RPG DM due to sabotage and many people stuck around, which helped tremendously in the recovery!)  We can see that the few who were more active on the forums did stick around and explored other opportunities, and I have definitely seen this happen in many other communities (RuneScape being a super good example as I'm a part of a community that is still active despite many of the players' inactivity in game).  This is an example of what it means to be community oriented.  When a game dies... too... these people often become more active on the forums as they are playing less (this is a trend I have seen in other communities); they can enhance the conversations in General Discussion and Off-Topic, which is attractive for external visitors and can be more enjoyable for current members, and it really helps the clan grow.

4bEIbN9.png

Edited by Joshy
preference: used the word "which" too many times

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

10 hours ago, Severely_Artistic said:

-1 for being autistic, idk u, suk mi dik. 

as for Joshy, I'm pretty sure I have you on my friends list already, if not I'll make sure to add you bud, been nice knowing ya! 

3 hours ago, SurpriseAdoption said:

-1 for being autistic, idk u, suk mi dik. 

as for Joshy, I'm pretty sure I have you on my friends list already, if not I'll make sure to add you bud, been nice knowing ya! 

Changing vote to neutral leaning towards +1 I think I actually felt that and he met the requirement of mentioning people to add him to talk to him when he goes.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

QieICm4iRd6R572F6QZmzQ.png

qIbaita.gif