Faex

GTA IV and V mods are dead

TakeTwo Interactive has taken down one of the most essential modding resources in GTA IV and V, which is OpenIV.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

I don't understand why they do this shit now. Back in the good old days, when SAMP and modding was huge, nothing was ever said about that but now all of a sudden those fucks want to ruin something good. The GTA community will keep releasing programs that will keep the modding scene going strong.

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements

This is pretty dumb in my opinion.

Mods keeps GTA very respected and allows the player to continue. Now it fucking got ruined by Two Take Interactive.

Seriously? How Single Player Mods counts as cheating in multiplayer?  Doesn't make any sense (unless it does).

We need either make an petition to return the mods and make modding legal again or just sue them for it. We are in one community that can make an difference.

143068bf65422d15.gif.a4fec75c1555410601df14ff72e91bb9.gif

Posted  Edited by CNe7532294

Are we really surprised by this? Gaming in itself has been dying for the longest time thanks to milking out a game to the bones. What started out as a hobby for programmers to do between the 50s - 70s when they're bored with spare time is now a multibillion dollar industry robbed of its soul. Replaced with pleasing investors with staged gimmicks and hip SJW crap noone really cares about. All done at the expense of you the consumer.

This vid sums up things nicely.

That and Devolver Digital (see my siggy below).

Edited by CNe7532294

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

6 hours ago, Benroyjam said:

They are alive and back. 

I hope it doesn't happen again. Happy modding!

Glad to hear. Don't get complacent though. They did it many many times before on other platforms and games and I guarantee they'll be up to no good all over again. "They" being the people whom hold no value to entertainment other than pushing an agenda and/or how to make any quick buck.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

It would seem like RockStar Games has updated their policies on mods:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009494848

According to the redditor who carefully dissected statements made by RockStar Games, it basically "is a carefully constructed paragraph to give you the illusion that the stance about modding may have changed, but in fact it didn't".

Link down below for those who wants to read it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/6j2pa9/rockstars_update_on_mods/djbbph8/

PLACE HOLDER