Hydreigon

Decreasing HE Grenade smoke effect.

From the past few months playing csgo ze, I'm noticing that grenades in csgo cause way more smoke compared to css. This can cause two issues during a moving bossfight case if a lot of nades are spammed at once. One is it can blind vision making the boss hard to see and the other is a bunch of smoke particles can greatly reduce fps. I am aware a workaround is to do the trigger_multiple method of making the grenade disappear when it hits the hitbox but I'm not doing that in my port.

So is there any serverside effect to "remove" the smoke effect coming from the nade. In other words, only keep the explosion effect.

Tried coding something, but couldn't find the black smoke effect in the SDK. Think the smoke is created client-side so I have no clue. 

Let me ask @Roy and I will get back to you. He is better at searching the SDK.

EDIT: seems I can remove the explosion effect but not the black fog after. WTF!

On 6/23/2017 at 1:44 PM, Unorth said:

Set your shaders to high. Able to see ample enough detail when set to high for multiple nades not to be an issue.

People often have toaster PC, and shader setting sets to high often cause strains on their CPU

33 minutes ago, Hydreigon said:

A little update, the only server I know of that has a changed grenade effect would be 93x and they removed the smoke. I'm trying to find out how they do this.

I'm thinking what they do is remove the nade when it detonates and create their own explosion with creation of entity in same location as where the nade exploded. 

Posted  Edited by Potti
2 hours ago, denros said:

I'm thinking what they do is remove the nade when it detonates and create their own explosion with creation of entity in same location as where the nade exploded. 

20170701_102329.png.72531f00ab7e226be481e8a19f7014be.png

yeah They using this.
Edited by Potti

Posted  Edited by Hydreigon

+1 Implement this as quick as possible if a lot can agree.

Edit: Rather than use this effect, you could use a different unique effect instead...as long as it doesn't lag up.

Edited by Hydreigon

• 3 years later...
Posted  Edited by Vauff

I stumbled on this thread Google searching about this issue, but it seems as good a place as any to mention that this has just now been implemented to fix this issue. Sorry it took 4 years :omegalul:

Edited by Vauff